Away support

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree on going over to acknowledge the away support. The majority of players and management staff never do this even in away matches where we win.

It's a small gesture that goes a long way when you spend a large proportion of your income following those millionaires half way around the country. I can understand their reluctance yesterday for fear of a backlash but in general there is no excuse.

It's part of the whole problem of a lack of bonding between this current team and the fans compared to previous spurs teams. Another part of the atmosphere problem I think.

For what it's worth watched in NYC and was pleased to see the majority stay till the final whistle and sing long after that. Everyone was crushed, but sometimes that's when you have the most fun and the most laughs (there was an electric avenue song for Capoue that kept ringing out- and every time something went wrong someone would yell out "Oh no!" In tune). Would've hated to be home with the mrs for that.

I don't think we're alone in football with that problem, but yes....
Anyone watch the Bundesliga? The players (not just 2 or 3, ALL of them) regularly go over and applaud the fans, home or away, win or lose. It is well documented that German clubs have exceptional relationships with their fans. The support in Bundesliga games is unbelievable. Every game is like a cup final. It's refreshing to watch.

I know it won't happen but they should refund all the Spurs fans who were there today at least the cost of the ticket price.

If I remember rightly didn't Wigan do that when we beat them 9-1? I am should they did this or something similar to appease their travelling supporters.

Unfortunately I cannot see THFC doing any similar, which is extremely disappointing but does not surprise me in the slightest.
Nah

On that basis, should the club have charged extra retrospectively when we crushed Wigan, the Goons and Inter?

For what it's worth watched in NYC and was pleased to see the majority stay till the final whistle and sing long after that. Everyone was crushed, but sometimes that's when you have the most fun and the most laughs (there was an electric avenue song for Capoue that kept ringing out- and every time something went wrong someone would yell out "Oh no!" In tune). Would've hated to be home with the mrs for that.

We did our best. 6-0 down and still singing loudly. Can't ask for much more. Fancied a poznan if we had nicked one.

Upper Tier was a fucking embarrasment.

Ashamed the people around me were Spurs fans.

All sat down before kick - off, didn't make any noise, and fucked off at half time.

Support at Villa Park & The Emirates was terrible to. We'll see what Fulham brings but I dont hold out much hope.

This was noticeable on the tele. About the 70th mark it showed a goal kick towards the away end and the upper tier was 2/3rd's empty but the lower didnt have one single seat missing.

How could there of been such a huge difference of support? How are tickets allocated for away games? By loyalty points or by membership level? Would be interested to know this.

All sat down before kick - off, didn't make any noise, and fucked off at half time.

Did they stand for the game? One of my pet hates is fans sitting down at away games.

Mate, they sat for the entire game without being asked. Me and 2 pals sang 'We Are Tottenham' for 5 minutes straight and not a soul joined in.

Was just as depressing as the result.

Proper shit day all round.

Oh, and I got a flag taken off me, as I couldn't prove it was flame retardant. When I asked for it back they said they never took a flag! Wankers.

Anyone watch the Bundesliga? The players (not just 2 or 3, ALL of them) regularly go over and applaud the fans, home or away, win or lose. It is well documented that German clubs have exceptional relationships with the ir fans. The support in Bundesliga games is unbelievable. Every game is like a cup final. It's refreshing to watch.
dortmund bayern owned in partnership with supporters way to go eh

Ashamed the people around me were Spurs fans.

Support at Villa Park & The Emirates was terrible to. We'll see what Fulham brings but I dont hold out much hope.
Villa Park was far from terrible, where were you sat?

I was in the bottom tier and fucking loved the atmosphere. The stand to our right had moments where they sung up but ultimately, it always went back to the pitch. I knew that that way misery lay so just kept singing,"Ohhh Sol Campbell - JU- DAS! I wanna knooooooooow why you're such a cunt!" Over and over...

Agree Villa was pure class atmosphere - full catalogue of songs
"Big man small hat" for the steward in the top tier was special

Back
Top Bottom