Away support

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For once avb cannot blame the support. Was there today and the support was great. Out sang city when down 5-0. Great showing in concourse today lads.

The team should be embarrassed. Not just for their play but not for applauding the away support post match. Only daws and Lennon looked our way and neither came
Too close.

Sad on a day when we sang when there wasn't anything to sing for. Players, avb and management should be ashamed.

Couldn't agree more. I wasn't able to get there today but all I heard (on the TV) was Spurs fans all game, even at 5 down. We as a group of support are fucking awesome away from home.

For once avb cannot blame the support. Was there today and the support was great. Out sang city when down 5-0. Great showing in concourse today lads.

The team should be embarrassed. Not just for their play but not for applauding the away support post match. Only daws and Lennon looked our way and neither came
Too close.

Sad on a day when we sang when there wasn't anything to sing for. Players, avb and management should be ashamed.
respect pal all of us deserve more thanks to all keep the faith problem is if avb doesnt respect us perhaps they dont give a toss either

I think not going over to the fans is a very bad call, and a real misjudgment of what fans actually want from the players representing their team.... A lot of damage can be repaired with such a simple gesture! But even more damage can be done when it is ignored!

After that abject performance today, coming over and clapping our fantastic away support should have been the very least they could have done. Shows a complete lack of respect in my opinion, considering the expense of the ticket prices, travelling costs etc. that our supporters have had to shell out for.

We payed minimum £51 a ticket plus travel. At least show us some post game respect no matter what the result. There wouldn't be a game if it wasn't for the fans!
I know it won't happen but they should refund all the Spurs fans who were there today at least the cost of the ticket price.

If I remember rightly didn't Wigan do that when we beat them 9-1? I am should they did this or something similar to appease their travelling supporters.

Unfortunately I cannot see THFC doing any similar, which is extremely disappointing but does not surprise me in the slightest.

I know it won't happen but they should refund all the Spurs fans who were there today at least the cost of the ticket price.

If I remember rightly didn't Wigan do that when we beat them 9-1? I am should they did this or something similar to appease their travelling supporters.

Unfortunately I cannot see THFC doing any similar, which is extremely disappointing but does not surprise me in the slightest.

I couldn't disagree with you any more, it's football you go knowing full well this can happen. The players should be looking at themselves for not at least acknowledging our support but refunding the fans?? Gimme a break, its part of being a fan

I couldn't disagree with you any more, it's football you go knowing full well this can happen. The players should be looking at themselves for not at least acknowledging our support but refunding the fans?? Gimme a break, its part of being a fan

Fair point, yes you are right days like this can happen for sure.

Agree with you completely about the players failing to appreciate the travelling support. I am reasonably sure the Norwich players went over and acknowledged their fans when they lost 7-0 to Man City a few weeks ago.

Nah, you paid to support, not for a win.

Nonetheless, the example you're citing there weren't many fans involved in the first place.

Was there today and I'm also disappointed the players didn't come over. In a way I can understand, they probably were embarrassed too, possibly scared at what they'd hear? Not that that's much of an excuse.

I didn't think we were all that but I was in the upper tier and most of our singing was from the lower tier.

Was there today and I'm also disappointed the players didn't come over. In a way I can understand, they probably were embarrassed too, possibly scared at what they'd hear? Not that that's much of an excuse.

I didn't think we were all that but I was in the upper tier and most of our singing was from the lower tier.

The lower tier was lively.

We wouldn't give the players shit had they came over. The away support doesn't really have that mentality. More of a lets get pissed and have fun mentality.

I think the players were confusing the away support with the home support... did they think they'd get 'Booooood' if they dare venture over within ear-shot?
I think they've got the mood very wrong, and misjudged exactly what is needed to placate a supporter after a horror show like that.

I remember being at the LAST 6-0 drubbing (away at Bramell Lane in the early '90s) I'd just about erased it from my memory, but of COURSE it came up again yesterday 'cos of the scoreline... our team that day was a far cry from the quality we had on show yesterday, so a midweek away thumping wasn't perhaps THAT much of a shock (I remember us seeming to do it quite regularly in those days) but I distinctly remember a fair few of our players applauding the away support... and do you know what, it ROUSED US to come back for more next week...

...like yesterday, it was an awful result, we had a 4 hour journey south ahead of us (and without the 'luxury' of an early KO, most didn't arrive home till 3am) but the feeling of togetherness, that OUR players had just been thumped, and OUR away support was there to witness it... and yet by them coming over at the end, gave you a sense of them saying; "Yeah, we know Lads, but you shoulda seen it from up close... we're sorry"

Sadly, none of that was evident yesterday... funnily enough, I know Dawson is pretty good at the 'away fan clappy thing'... but the only other player who regularly stayed on the pitch at the end throughout his Spurs career, regardless of the result, was Bale!

....anyway, for those who can bear to look, it might serve as a good compare and contrast exercise from THAT team, with THIS one;
Erik Thorstvedt
Dean Austin, Jason Cundy,Gary Mabbutt, Pat van den Hauwe
Paul Allen, Nayim, Andy Gray, Vinny Samways,
Darren Anderton,
Teddy Sheringham
Coach: Doug Livermore

....and Andy Gray!

Actually, the point I forgot to make, was that we were playing a vaguely similar system then, as we were yesterday... 5 in midfield, (Vinny no, I mean Andy Gray as our midfield SANDRESTROYER) Nayim just behind Teddy (in the - shall we say 'false #10' role) and two orthodox wingers in Anderton and 'Clive's Cousin' Paul... and Jason Cunty spoiling it for everyone at the back!
Also interesting to note, that many people's 2nd fave 'modern-era' GK behind Lloris, (Erik the V)... was also shipping 6 that night! Consider it a rite of passage Hugo... you're proper Spursy now my friend!

fuck load of good it did us then too!!

Back
Top Bottom