Away support

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For once avb cannot blame the support. Was there today and the support was great. Out sang city when down 5-0. Great showing in concourse today lads.

The team should be embarrassed. Not just for their play but not for applauding the away support post match. Only daws and Lennon looked our way and neither came
Too close.

Sad on a day when we sang when there wasn't anything to sing for. Players, avb and management should be ashamed.

I know it won't happen but they should refund all the Spurs fans who were there today at least the cost of the ticket price.

If I remember rightly didn't Wigan do that when we beat them 9-1? I am should they did this or something similar to appease their travelling supporters.

Unfortunately I cannot see THFC doing any similar, which is extremely disappointing but does not surprise me in the slightest.

I couldn't disagree with you any more, it's football you go knowing full well this can happen. The players should be looking at themselves for not at least acknowledging our support but refunding the fans?? Gimme a break, its part of being a fan

Well the lower tier did us fans proud yesterday, 5-0 down and all you could hear was Spurs songs, piss taking aside at work today, a few non spurs work mates said what great support we showed yesterday

I think not going over to the fans is a very bad call, and a real misjudgment of what fans actually want from the players representing their team.... A lot of damage can be repaired with such a simple gesture! But even more damage can be done when it is ignored!

You did us proud all the Spurs fans who were there yesterday, and especially those who stayed to the very end.

From watching on TV, all I could hear was Spurs songs throughout the match. We may have lost heavily to City, but our fans sung their hearts for the lads, and out sung the City fans by a mile.

Managers, players and chairman will come and go, but us fans will always be there.

I salute you all. COYS

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, firstly if you didn't know they lost 8 - 2, 8 fucking 2. Fans had to pay traveling expenses as well as for the actual tickets which I obviously don't know the cost of but I can imagine they would have been expensive. Have no idea how you can draw a comparison between a bad television program and a terrible footballing performance as the costs associated in taking part in these activities vastly differ.

Ticket guarantees you entry. In no way does it guarantee you result or even a performance.

If you expect to be entertained, go to the theatre.

After that abject performance today, coming over and clapping our fantastic away support should have been the very least they could have done. Shows a complete lack of respect in my opinion, considering the expense of the ticket prices, travelling costs etc. that our supporters have had to shell out for.

Agree on going over to acknowledge the away support. The majority of players and management staff never do this even in away matches where we win.

It's a small gesture that goes a long way when you spend a large proportion of your income following those millionaires half way around the country. I can understand their reluctance yesterday for fear of a backlash but in general there is no excuse.

It's part of the whole problem of a lack of bonding between this current team and the fans compared to previous spurs teams. Another part of the atmosphere problem I think.

I don't think we're alone in football with that problem, but yes....
Anyone watch the Bundesliga? The players (not just 2 or 3, ALL of them) regularly go over and applaud the fans, home or away, win or lose. It is well documented that German clubs have exceptional relationships with their fans. The support in Bundesliga games is unbelievable. Every game is like a cup final. It's refreshing to watch.

I know it won't happen but they should refund all the Spurs fans who were there today at least the cost of the ticket price.

If I remember rightly didn't Wigan do that when we beat them 9-1? I am should they did this or something similar to appease their travelling supporters.

Unfortunately I cannot see THFC doing any similar, which is extremely disappointing but does not surprise me in the slightest.
Nah

On that basis, should the club have charged extra retrospectively when we crushed Wigan, the Goons and Inter?

For what it's worth watched in NYC and was pleased to see the majority stay till the final whistle and sing long after that. Everyone was crushed, but sometimes that's when you have the most fun and the most laughs (there was an electric avenue song for Capoue that kept ringing out- and every time something went wrong someone would yell out "Oh no!" In tune). Would've hated to be home with the mrs for that.

We did our best. 6-0 down and still singing loudly. Can't ask for much more. Fancied a poznan if we had nicked one.

Mate, they sat for the entire game without being asked. Me and 2 pals sang 'We Are Tottenham' for 5 minutes straight and not a soul joined in.

Was just as depressing as the result.

Proper shit day all round.

Oh, and I got a flag taken off me, as I couldn't prove it was flame retardant. When I asked for it back they said they never took a flag! Wankers.

Jesus Christ, firstly if you didn't know they lost 8 - 2, 8 fucking 2. Fans had to pay traveling expenses as well as for the actual tickets which I obviously don't know the cost of but I can imagine they would have been expensive. Have no idea how you can draw a comparison between a bad television program and a terrible footballing performance as the costs associated in taking part in these activities vastly differ.
You are the biggest prize cunt for following Spurs if you cannot take a bad result and expect a "refund" :dempsey: For a bad result. I travelled to Donetsk for the Europa League a long, long time back - IIRC we lost 2-1 and fielded the kids. Do I get all my travelling expenses back and the £6 it cost me for the match ticket? Or did I ask for it back? No, because thats part of being a supporter of the club, not a glory hunting cunt like you seem to be.

Fuck off and follow the UCL.

EDIT - Just read through your posting history. ANOTHER GOONER TROLL.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. I wasn't able to get there today but all I heard (on the TV) was Spurs fans all game, even at 5 down. We as a group of support are fucking awesome away from home.

Back
Top Bottom