AVB Out Campaign Starts Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should AVB be sacked

• Total voters
Is that "according to Sky sources" or has it been confirmed on the OS?

Until Jim White confirms it, I won't believe it til I see it!

The reality is, Jesus just has a bit of grit or something in his eye at this stage...
But SSN are going WAY overboard and jumping to conclusions..... Cue 24hour rolling 'Wept cam' any day now!!!

Don't really think that it's AVB's fault for our poor showings in the EL.

Really, I think we probably put out a stronger team in those competitions than we should have, but they just didn't look motivated for it.

Probably hurt us in the race for 4th, again.

I've never sin binned anyone except myself. I think its silly. The OP was crazy but every other of his posts on this thread didn't seem THAT ridiculous. shouldn't have been banned/sin binned.

Well, that was generally a waste of reading. But I read it anyway.

Troll or not, I thought the sin bin was generally meant for people who were being proper cunty, that is racist, offensive and so on? Or is it now just for anyone who doesn't have a popular opinion?

Can't we all just hold hands?:klinsmann: Kumbayah ma lord, kumbayahhhh...............

What about those wo spends thousands on traveling away in Europe?
What about them?

Telling the players how much the supporters have paid to see them play midweek in Europe probably isn't likely to provide the motivation that they're missing.

Despite the talking points offered up by the players in our rather lackluster EL run last season, I've always subscribed to the creed of "look at what people do, rather than listening to what they say", and what I saw was that most of the first-team players that competed in the EL last season didn't look very interested, bar Dembele.

I think in many such cases, a rotated line-up with a few key first team players might often out-perform a full-strength First-11 that isn't bothered to compete in the EL.

Another reason why selling Caulker was idiotic.

What about them?

Telling the players how much the supporters have paid to see them play midweek in Europe probably isn't likely to provide the motivation that they're missing.

Despite the talking points offered up by the players in our rather lackluster EL run last season, I've always subscribed to the creed of "look at what people do, rather than listening to what they say", and what I saw was that most of the first-team players that competed in the EL last season didn't look very interested, bar Dembele.

I think in many such cases, a rotated line-up with a few key first team players might often out-perform a full-strength First-11 that isn't bothered to compete in the EL.

Another reason why selling Caulker was idiotic.

You seem to be condoning playing a weak team in Europe.

Last edited:
Don't really think that it's AVB's fault for our poor showings in the EL.

Really, I think we probably put out a stronger team in those competitions than we should have, but they just didn't look motivated for it.

Probably hurt us in the race for 4th, again.
You don't think it's AVB's fault the players weren't motivated? Isn't that his job?

You seem to be condoning p,saying a weak team in Europe.
No, not really what I'm saying.

Just saying that a lot of Spurs fans seem to have this unrealistic fantasy of putting out our full strength first-11 for every match of the season, in the league, cups, and Europe.

We're building a solid team with a ton a depth. It's time to put that depth to use and try a little bit of rotation.

You don't think it's AVB's fault the players weren't motivated? Isn't that his job?
Sure, some of it, but sure seemed like the players had one eye on the league this past season.

AVB put out strong teams in the EL that didn't play up to their abilities.

Only so much he can do to motivate players that, perfectly understandably, probably felt that they should have rightfully been playing in the CL anyways, and for whom the EL was a bittersweet competition at best.

AVB insisted on playing Friedel and Gallas together when it clearly didn't work, I think AVB has to carry the can for that. All managers make errors but it is worrying when these errors were repeated. I'm hoping he doesn't make similar errors next season (talking in terms of repeatedly playing players who don't work well together).

AVB insisted on playing Friedel and Gallas together when it clearly didn't work, I think AVB has to carry the can for that. All managers make errors but it is worrying when these errors were repeated. I'm hoping he doesn't make similar errors next season (talking in terms of repeatedly playing players who don't work well together).
Well, we can agree on that one.

He shouldn't have played Gallas at all, imo.

Caulker could've gotten a lot more chances last season.

The one major problem that AVB had last season is the same as Spurs have had for a number of seasons now. We don't score nearly enough goals compared to other big clubs. Man U scored 20 more goals than us over a 38 game season. Even Liverpool scored more. And this has been the case, as I've been keeping an eye on it, for years. Even the season we finished 4th and got in the Champions league, we didn't hit the 70 goal mark.

So this season, I want AVB to fix this. 14 of our 21 wins last season were by 1 goal margins. If we knock in over 70 goals, like a proper giant does, those rubbish 1-1 draws could have been wins and we would have had fewer than the 14 squeaky bum wins which would obviously gives the team confidence (the difference at the end of a match between knowing you just shut a game down like a title contender versus relief that you managed to get the win in the end).

So, there you have it. AVB is shit if we a low scoring also-rans by the end of the season.

I agree with you there. I often look at the goal difference as a good indicator of how we are performing rather than just our league position. As impressed as I was with our new found bouncebackability and ability to win in the 90th minute, there were many games played where we should have been 3-0 up and cruising, we could have taken players off and rested them. Too often we were defending a slender lead, the opposition with the impetus to get a point from it, or we were flat-out searching for the winner until the end. We need more goals, I'm hoping Soldado will see to that!

Back
Top Bottom