Are you missing the European competition?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In Ange I trust.
It’s probably a season too soon & I’d rather not be in it this year and give ourselves a better chance next season. It is what it is this year. We weren’t good enough last year.
Give this man the tools and we can compete with any club.
The passing around our defence at the moment scares me to death at times but I can always laugh whatever the result if I know we played well in an entertaining game. Apart from that Chavs game. That was the hardest watch in a long time.
He’s not naive. He just wants his team to contribute to a spectacle. And people will change their tune if we can keep him and build from here.

I'm glad we don't have it this season due to Ange being able to implement his ideas easier during the week, but I need Champions League football back at the Lane ASAP. There's nothing quite like spending an autumn/spring weeknight supporting the lads on the absolute biggest stage. I just love the occasion and the atmosphere on these nights always feels extra loud

european football is a must next year. one game a week is shit. squad should be good enough to handle it after jan window and the summer one. clear out the dead wood and have a competent squad ready to take on 4 comps like a big club should.

We are definitely not in a position to cope with it this season so I’m glad we’ve not got European football. We will be back next year and our squad will be far stronger. The summer window determines what calibre of player we might be able to get depending on what competition but one thing for sure is I think Tottenham is going to be a much better proposition for players next summer. Players will be taking notice of how good we could become under Ange and the word of mouth from the players already here will enhance our reputation big time. I can imagine players asking agents to see if there’s interest in them because players will be liking what they seeing just now.

I would have preferred to be in it in order to see more of the youth players get a chance and I always enjoy watching Spurs play. Especially since Conte has left.

We'd have no players left however.

Yes and no.

I miss the Champions League, I mean... who wouldn't? But the Europa League and the other one whose name currently escapes me (which I suppose is a testament to how much I care!) can get in the fucking bin.

Yes, I am, as Spurs belongs in Europe, but not under any and all circumstances. We need the squad to give it a proper go and what we have now, with a beefy dose of bad luck thrown in, is clearly not ready yet.

Yes, I am, as Spurs belongs in Europe, but not under any and all circumstances. We need the squad to give it a proper go and what we have now, with a beefy dose of bad luck thrown in, is clearly not ready yet.
europa league is perfect to keep the fringe players match sharp, in the group stage anyway. then take it serious in the knockouts. after the league and CL its the most prestigious trophy available.

Varied set of replies.

Not sure if it says more about our fans or our leadership who run the club. Expectations are high. But at the same time quite low.
I hear you.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom