Are you missing the European competition?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, it breaks the hum drum of the league grind! No, beating Borussia Dortmund every year was getting boring……..personally we us just playing once a week I look forward to the game more other than Wednesday/Saturday rotation it gets a bit , oh….fuck me another game……🤷

Less is more!
I think that at this stage in Ange and the team's development, and with our injury and suspension issues, it's probably a blessing in disguise
From a completely selfish POV, I've got a lot going on at the moment and it's good to have more time to arrange non-football stuff safe in the fact that I'm not going to miss a home game.
It wouldn't be so bad if we had plenty of notice when games were actually going to be played.
First world problems I know, but I don't want to miss a home game at the moment.

Not missing cl or europa league. Its been lovely without it. We stand a a very good chance qualifying for the europa next season though.

We are definitely blessed by not having to play this year due to circumstances related with new coach, injuries etc. But on the other hand, sometimes it takes ages for me before we play next game… and also we need to remember - that every season outside any eu competition means our club ranking become more screwed, so that means more difficult competitors in first phase of champions league.

We wouldn't have survived this year.

We'd have seen excellent football and may have qualified to the next round due to the team being better than the majority of teams across the European comps but our depth would have been seriously stretched and we'd have suffered big time.

I do miss the nights though. The music, the atmosphere. It is special and I hope we're back there next season. If not, then Europa League is fine. I always thought it was a great competition to help blood through younger players too.

Personally I'm still outraged that any team in the UK is still in Europe, when I voted for Brexit I thought this would all end. Hopefully, once Nigel Farage becomes PM, his number 1 priority is to withdraw the UK from UEFA. "Take back control (of what, I'm still not entirely sure)" 🤔

Well if this was a poll and went to 90% saying good to be out of Europe it would show we are a very entitled fan base.

Should always be an honour to be playing for and supporting this club in European football - not a chore.

Well if this was a poll and went to 90% saying good to be out of Europe it would show we are a very entitled fan base.

Should always be an honour to be playing for and supporting this club in European football - not a chore.
It's not as simple as that though is it?

All being well then of course we'd all like to be playing in Europe.

However, given our circumstances in the summer and the state of our squad, plus the ridiculous amount of injuries and suspensions we've had, most just accept that it's probably a blessing for this season to help Ange-ball take root sufficiently.

Next season we'll all be loving the European nights I'm sure.

Of course, it’s embarrassing not being in Europe this season.

When West Ham are winning European trophies and we can’t even qualify, it’s a sorry state of affairs. But hopefully we are back there next season.

Blessing not to be playing given our lack of depth and completely new playing style - Ange’s first year and no Europe means he gets more time to ingrain his philosophy and tactics on the training ground. After all the training and new ins from the winter and summer window - we will be ready for Europe. Only downside is that our promising u21s might have gotten some game time.

Of course, it’s embarrassing not being in Europe this season.

When West Ham are winning European trophies and we can’t even qualify, it’s a sorry state of affairs. But hopefully we are back there next season.
At least West Ham took it seriously and actually won it if our previous efforts were any indication we would most likely out of Europe at this stage . I would like if we were in the CL but the others no too pushed unless we really went for it .

It's not as simple as that though is it?

All being well then of course we'd all like to be playing in Europe.

However, given our circumstances in the summer and the state of our squad, plus the ridiculous amount of injuries and suspensions we've had, most just accept that it's probably a blessing for this season to help Ange-ball take root sufficiently.

Next season we'll all be loving the European nights I'm sure.

It’s pretty much a yes or no question.

Whatever your reasoning is behind it 8 clubs get to represent England in Europe from the football pyramid. Most fans will never watch their team play in Europe.

If you’re big enough to say “yeah not for me this year but I know we will be back so whatever” that’s pretty entitled no?

When you’re happy to make it through the first round of the FA vase or eve to just be in the FA vase believe me that’s an entitled viewpoint as a fan.

Not really, it's a good season to only play once a week considering the injuries.

I used to think Europa was actually better because we had a chance to win it, but now It's CL or nothing for me. Whats the point of having a big stadium and spending all that money to not even be in the biggest competition?

Back
Top Bottom