Are you missing the European competition?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Less is more!
I think that at this stage in Ange and the team's development, and with our injury and suspension issues, it's probably a blessing in disguise
From a completely selfish POV, I've got a lot going on at the moment and it's good to have more time to arrange non-football stuff safe in the fact that I'm not going to miss a home game.
It wouldn't be so bad if we had plenty of notice when games were actually going to be played.
First world problems I know, but I don't want to miss a home game at the moment.

Personally I'm still outraged that any team in the UK is still in Europe, when I voted for Brexit I thought this would all end. Hopefully, once Nigel Farage becomes PM, his number 1 priority is to withdraw the UK from UEFA. "Take back control (of what, I'm still not entirely sure)" 🤔

I'm glad we don't have it this season due to Ange being able to implement his ideas easier during the week, but I need Champions League football back at the Lane ASAP. There's nothing quite like spending an autumn/spring weeknight supporting the lads on the absolute biggest stage. I just love the occasion and the atmosphere on these nights always feels extra loud

We are definitely not in a position to cope with it this season so I’m glad we’ve not got European football. We will be back next year and our squad will be far stronger. The summer window determines what calibre of player we might be able to get depending on what competition but one thing for sure is I think Tottenham is going to be a much better proposition for players next summer. Players will be taking notice of how good we could become under Ange and the word of mouth from the players already here will enhance our reputation big time. I can imagine players asking agents to see if there’s interest in them because players will be liking what they seeing just now.

I hear you.

giphy.gif
Why does this remind me of Forster in that penalty shoot out against Fulham...... :kanehand:

We wouldn't have survived this year.

We'd have seen excellent football and may have qualified to the next round due to the team being better than the majority of teams across the European comps but our depth would have been seriously stretched and we'd have suffered big time.

I do miss the nights though. The music, the atmosphere. It is special and I hope we're back there next season. If not, then Europa League is fine. I always thought it was a great competition to help blood through younger players too.

Well if this was a poll and went to 90% saying good to be out of Europe it would show we are a very entitled fan base.

Should always be an honour to be playing for and supporting this club in European football - not a chore.
It's not as simple as that though is it?

All being well then of course we'd all like to be playing in Europe.

However, given our circumstances in the summer and the state of our squad, plus the ridiculous amount of injuries and suspensions we've had, most just accept that it's probably a blessing for this season to help Ange-ball take root sufficiently.

Next season we'll all be loving the European nights I'm sure.

I miss the idea of playing in Europe more than the reality of it. When the spring comes and the matches are bigger clubs with more at stake, I'll miss the rush of it, I'm sure.

But even in the CL I tend not to enjoy the group stage all that much (beyond the excitement/outrage of the draw). Too many matches at the beginning of the season when we're still trying to bed in new signings and being forced to participate in the Cartoon Cup as well.

Yes, it breaks the hum drum of the league grind! No, beating Borussia Dortmund every year was getting boring……..personally we us just playing once a week I look forward to the game more other than Wednesday/Saturday rotation it gets a bit , oh….fuck me another game……🤷

We are definitely blessed by not having to play this year due to circumstances related with new coach, injuries etc. But on the other hand, sometimes it takes ages for me before we play next game… and also we need to remember - that every season outside any eu competition means our club ranking become more screwed, so that means more difficult competitors in first phase of champions league.

Back
Top Bottom