Are the next generation of fans getting excluded from matchday experiences?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genuinely nuts that the only thing I've been able to get tickets for since the start of the season is the Pink concert for my Mrs and daughter.

I've never done less than 5 home games in a season. Although, if it wasn't for taking my son then I could have picked up the odd single for myself or taken up some friends unwanted season ticket seats. The issue is very much the concession seats.
I don’t have a major problem paying full
price my son (10). I don’t want to commit to a ST so it’s a lot cheaper to buy five adult tickets for him than an adult and junior ST for say £2.5K

I do think they should consider a range of reduced pricing for 18-25 year olds

I don’t have a major problem paying full
price my son (10). I don’t want to commit to a ST so it’s a lot cheaper to buy five adult tickets for him than an adult and junior ST for say £2.5K

I do think they should consider a range of reduced pricing for 18-25 year olds

It exists already to some extent - if you're 21 or younger then you can get Young Adult pricing which is halfway between Junior and Adult.

I don't understand why you would be fine with paying adult prices for a 10yr old when it should be half price. Especially when you consider the average 10yr old misses half the match unless they're in the front row.

Last edited:
Been down this road before. The Premier League isn’t a working class game and hasn’t been since its advent. Boosting the economics / profit of the game was its raison d’etre. It’s not alone in that almost all top tier professional sports aren’t priced for regular attendance by the hoi polloi. If you want economy then go local.

Season tickets are still the best way to ensure you go to every game you want to see.

Been down this road before. The Premier League isn’t a working class game and hasn’t been since its advent. Boosting the economics / profit of the game was its raison d’etre. It’s not alone in that almost all top tier professional sports aren’t priced for regular attendance by the hoi polloi. If you want economy then go local.

Season tickets are still the best way to ensure you go to every game you want to see.

The last few years I think availability has been much better due to the turgid football and general negative vibe around the club.

Demand seems to have shot up significantly this year

I have no idea if it's been covered in the fan's representation meetings with the club but I am concerned that at some point Levy will go with the 'dynamic pricing' setup, which I think Boehly is trying to implement at Chav Bridge. Common place in the US, I believe.
What is dynamic pricing when it's not being implemented by a baldie.
Bald Is Beautiful Season 9 GIF by The Office

What is dynamic pricing when it's not being implemented by a baldie.
Dynamic pricing will allow owners to release tickets in tranches at increasing prices as demand outgrows availability.
You’ll be sitting next to someone who paid a third (or three times more) for the same ticket (as you do with airfare). It’s not a good long-term strategy for building up customer trust and good will but I doubt the EPL cares.

It exists already to some extent - if you're 21 or younger then you can get Young Adult pricing which is halfway between Junior and Adult.

I don't understand why you would be fine with paying adult prices for a 10yr old when it should be half price. Especially when you consider the average 10yr old misses half the match unless they're in the front row.
Why should it be half price? And why would they miss it? Waste of money for a five year old but at ten they love it

But how many of those young adult tickets are available for ST or one-off games?

Why should it be half price? And why would they miss it? Waste of money for a five year old but at ten they love it

Because Junior tickets are literally half the price according to the club, and the average 10yr old doesn't see much action then people stand up in front of them.

Because Junior tickets are literally half the price according to the club, and the average 10yr old doesn't see much action then people stand up in front of them.
I disagree with that, he watches the game and stands on the seat if needed. The price is annoying but it’s money well spent tbh (if say £60 as opposed to a cat A £100+ ticket)

Have you taken your kids to watch Harry Potter in the west end? Costs a lot more than 60 quid and less enjoyable all round 😂

Just got on the site, less than 1000 ahead of me. No tickets for Luton at all and no pairs in South lower for Forest. There was 1 pair in South upper (row 58).

Not only is our junior allocation the smallest in London, it's also the most expensive.... Cheers. All for what? Just enough to cover Sessegnon's wage.
It’s a good point - now that other revenue streams are yielding good returns eg Beyoncé, catering etc it does seem a fair thing to do is to dial back a bit on match day tickets and create some give for younger fans. It won’t be material and overall cost base seems to be far more sensible now we actually have a professional football management team

Im intrigued to see our accounts, I wouldnt be surprised if our wage bill is less than five or so years ago (perhaps this seasons anyway)

Just got on the site, less than 1000 ahead of me. No tickets for Luton at all and no pairs in South lower for Forest. There was 1 pair in South upper (row 58).

The situation is properly fucked. I've tried the enquiry route and got fobbed off with a bunch of basic advice on getting tickets and 'we have been selling out fast'. I'm not having that, so will escalate to a formal complaint against the club and possibility of bringing in trading standards.

The situation is properly fucked. I've tried the enquiry route and got fobbed off with a bunch of basic advice on getting tickets and 'we have been selling out fast'. I'm not having that, so will escalate to a formal complaint against the club and possibility of bringing in trading standards.
Why trading standards? They’re not doing anything illegal.

Why trading standards? They’re not doing anything illegal.

Advertising preferential access to ticketing, while not ensuring enough supply of concession tickets to be viable. If you can spend roughly 15-20 hours trying to get a pair of tickets and not be able to get any despite being on site within minutes of opening... then they have mislead the customer. Basically advertising a product they cannot supply.

LLB Part Deux LLB Part Deux

I know you feel you shouldn't have to pay adult prices for concessionary tickets in the relevant areas, but just in case you are desperate... There is a pair of tickets on the exchange for Brentford (not ideal as it's a midweek school night) for £52.50 each. Probably won't find an adult ticket cheaper than that for a PL game? In block 109 about 20 rows back.

Back
Top Bottom