Are the next generation of fans getting excluded from matchday experiences?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In a similar vein, the club should open up the away tickets to other season ticket holders and members. Give half the allocation to the loyalty point set but do the rest as a lottery, getting to see Spurs in the away end is a pretty tough endeavour.

The loyalty point system is there as an incentive for fans to go to games like Europa/conference, league cup and some FA cup at home, if you go to all of those over a 5 year season ticket period you'll get away tickets for most PL games. For some reason a large proportion of our fans can't be bothered to go to those cup games.

Take away or further dilute the loyalty point system and there'd be games with ticket sales well below capacity.....so the club won't do it.

In a similar vein, the club should open up the away tickets to other season ticket holders and members. Give half the allocation to the loyalty point set but do the rest as a lottery, getting to see Spurs in the away end is a pretty tough endeavour.
Agree, said something similar in another thread.

The loyalty point system is there as an incentive for fans to go to games like Europa/conference, league cup and some FA cup at home, if you go to all of those over a 5 year season ticket period you'll get away tickets for most PL games. For some reason a large proportion of our fans can't be bothered to go to those cup games.

Take away or further dilute the loyalty point system and there'd be games with ticket sales well below capacity.....so the club won't do it.
This is is nonsense.

In my experience that reason is probably time and money.

And wanting to not get divorced.

:dawsonlol:

Sorry - my fault for going a bit off topic. The point is that only a very limited set of fans get access to away tickets, that does make it nigh on impossible for most normal fans wanting to go away, I get your point but it needs opening out.

Sorry - my fault for going a bit off topic. The point is that only a very limited set of fans get access to away tickets, that does make it nigh on impossible for most normal fans wanting to go away, I get your point but it needs opening out.

The argument is that the fans going away are generally the longest suffering fans. It’s a bit like a reward.
Especially now more away tickets are being given to premium season ticket / box / corporate holders

He has no point - his post is wrong. Spouted this nonsense on another thread as well.

Officially going to stop bothering trying to get tickets for my son for this season.

Has anyone managed to get tickets for themselves and a child as a member this season without paying full price for both? I've now been queued early for every single weekend match this season and despite getting onto the site (after queuing) by about 10:10 or 10:15 on some occasions, there hasn't been any availability for a pair of tickets in an area with concessions at any point. Well, not outside the stupidly priced £100+ seats anyway. I've not been picky either - tried Wolves, Palace and Brighton this morning with zero availability for a pair.

Feels like it's genuinely impossible to get any benefit from OneHotspur+ membership this season if you've got kids.

Of course it is. All those already on high points go to all of the home cup games too and already qualify for all away games, so they will always stay ahead of those who've had a season ticket for just five years by a cumulative five year away points total.
Personally think it's more to do with people still selling on tickets and not going themselves.
This is from knowing people who still do this, need all tickets to go digitally and be more locked on devices for it to get sorted.

Officially going to stop bothering trying to get tickets for my son for this season.

Has anyone managed to get tickets for themselves and a child as a member this season without paying full price for both? I've now been queued early for every single weekend match this season and despite getting onto the site (after queuing) by about 10:10 or 10:15 on some occasions, there hasn't been any availability for a pair of tickets in an area with concessions at any point. Well, not outside the stupidly priced £100+ seats anyway. I've not been picky either - tried Wolves, Palace and Brighton this morning with zero availability for a pair.

Feels like it's genuinely impossible to get any benefit from OneHotspur+ membership this season if you've got kids.
To be honest I think that there are so few concession tickets available to members (the low hundreds?) that you probably are wasting your time trying.

Realistically, if you're not prepared to pay for two adult-priced tickets for you and your son I'm afraid that you may have to forget the whole idea of taking him to any games apart from the odd early round home cup tie - if we ever get another one of those.

To be honest I think that there are so few concession tickets available to members (the low hundreds?) that you probably are wasting your time trying.

Realistically, if you're not prepared to pay for two adult-priced tickets for you and your son I'm afraid that you may have to forget the whole idea of taking him to any games apart from the odd early round home cup tie - if we ever get another one of those.

It's certainly a much bigger problem this season than before though. I normally attend 3-4 home league games per season with my son but we were playing crap football under the last couple of managers so seemed to be less demand and better availability of concessions.

Like you say, it'll probably just be FA cup early round games if we're lucky this season. I'll probably pick up the spare season ticket seats from my mates for myself.

It's certainly a much bigger problem this season than before though. I normally attend 3-4 home league games per season with my son but we were playing crap football under the last couple of managers so seemed to be less demand and better availability of concessions.

Like you say, it'll probably just be FA cup early round games if we're lucky this season. I'll probably pick up the spare season ticket seats from my mates for myself.
It would be nice if ST holders could designate a spare seat of a pair on the Ticket Exchange at half price for a junior member, maybe only for Cat C matches which may otherwise go empty. I'd be prepared to do it, but I don't think it's going to happen.

It would be nice if ST holders could designate a spare seat of a pair on the Ticket Exchange at half price for a junior member, maybe only for Cat C matches which may otherwise go empty. I'd be prepared to do it, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I used to have a junior ST. (For my son) When listed on the exchange as an adult it would always sell.

Demand is just very very high this season. Really need European games next year to help with that.

And I think this season even a very low level home 3rd round tie will see plenty of ST holders pick up their tickets for the loyalty points.

Just looked we have 2 home games by the middle of feb.

People will be dying to watch us play and get out of their houses!!

I switched down to a membership this season after six years of being a ST holder. For the first time this season I managed to get home tickets, for Newcastle on 10 Dec at £95 a pop (!) in pretty good seats (block 523) after browsing eTicketing. Funnily enough I've only seen larger numbers become available in the last few weeks, since we've lost a couple of games.

Prawn sandwich brigade...

Circa 2010-2017 I could get tickets for most the northern away games with next to no loyalty points. Then they made all away games £30 max - suddenly I couldn’t get a sniff anymore. ST holders buying them to keep their loyalty points up and flogging them on knowing that they could easily get their money back on £30.

These days it’s easier to sit in the home end for our away games than it is to get home tickets - you could still get tickets to the Wolves game a day before match day - nearly did it but glad I didn’t in the end, very similar with Southampton away last season.

Bringing this up again, as today I managed to get through the queue and onto the ticket selection site at 10:04 and STILL wasn't able to get a pair of tickets for me and my son. The site crashed repeatedly, then when it did let me select a pair it came up with an error, then the next pair had been taken already, then another error.

All pairs gone before I could get one.

I've submitted a complaint to Spurs with screenshots of being almost first in line and yet still not being able to get a pair of tickets for Luton. Fucking Luton.

If I don't get a response then I'll raise a further complaint for false advertising of One Hotspur+ and Junior+ memberships as having priority access to tickets.

Back
Top Bottom