Are the next generation of fans getting excluded from matchday experiences?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LLB Part Deux

"The man who fucked up TFC" - Mick Cooper
So I've been a member for decades - never a ST holder. Generally speaking had no problem getting tickets for myself apart from things like NLD or late stages of cups / Europe.

These days my son wants to go to matches but even with both of us having OneHotpur+ memberships, it seems that there's no tickets available for 1(adult)+1(junior) by the time you get onto the site. Typically I'm seeing queues of 11,000-14,000 in front of me regardless of when I log-in.

With standard season tickets + premium + hospitality + away fans, the new stadium only provides something like 7,000-9,000 members tickets which is ridiculous. It's actually worse than that when you factor in supporters club allocations, and concessions not being available in all parts of the stadium. Sure, it's possible to get pairs on ticket exchange sometimes but not at junior prices so you're looking at paying adult rates if you want to take your child to a home league match.

Now, I get that Levy probably doesn't give a shit because "LOL, I like money" but it feels like the next generation of fans are being screwed out of their opportunity to come to matches. 62,000 capacity and you can't even take your kid unless you pay double.

Maybe it's just the 'Big Ange' factor but memberships feel pretty worthless right now, especially junior ones.

Last edited:
So I've been a member for decades - never a ST holder. Generally speaking had no problem getting tickets for myself apart from things like NLD or late stages of cups / Europe.

These days my son wants to go to matches but even with both of us having OneHotpur+ memberships, it seems that there's no tickets available for 1(adult)+1(junior) by the time you get onto the site. Typically I'm seeing queues of 11,000-14,000 in front of me regardless of when I get onto the site.

With standard season tickets + premium + hospitality + away fans, the new stadium only provides something like 7,000-9,000 members tickets which is ridiculous. It's actually worse than that when you factor in supporters club allocations, and concessions not being available in all parts of the stadium. Sure, it's possible to get pairs on ticket exchange sometimes but not at junior prices so you're looking at paying adult rates if you want to take your child to a home league match.

Now, I get that Levy probably doesn't give a shit because "LOL, I like money" but it feels like the next generation of fans are being screwed out of their opportunity to come to matches. 62,000 capacity and you can't even take your kid unless you pay double.

Maybe it's just the 'Big Ange' factor but memberships feel pretty worthless right now, especially junior ones.

All the people who didn’t want EConference League were absolute fools if they also wanted to go to games. Not saying this was you btw.

There would not be a problem if we had those midweek games.

But I’m never surprised by how stupid people are anymore though. Supply and demand. It’s that simple.

And the population of Australia wanting to watch us too I guess.

The club should allocate a thousand tickets for under 18 years old at a £10 a seat every game .

It's the absolute reverse of this - certain areas of the stadium aren't available to junior pricing, so there's actually less tickets available for juniors, making a small pool of tickets even smaller.

Midweek games are easier, but then you've got to factor in getting home at midnight on a school night.

I managed to pick up a couple of tickets on the exchange a few times last season with a Hotspur + membership so it is possible. A lot easier when we are shit to watch though. Plus you have to pay adult prices for junior tickets.

I managed to pick up a couple of tickets on the exchange a few times last season with a Hotspur + membership so it is possible. A lot easier when we are shit to watch though. Plus you have to pay adult prices for junior tickets.

Yeah, that's the thing - £58+ for tickets that should be half that price.

I have no idea if it's been covered in the fan's representation meetings with the club but I am concerned that at some point Levy will go with the 'dynamic pricing' setup, which I think Boehly is trying to implement at Chav Bridge. Common place in the US, I believe.

This is the sort of stuff the Supporters Trust should be banging on Levy's door about.

Meanwhile we get monumental victories like chips being sold as a side and "concerns about the quality of sausage rolls"

Yeah, that's the thing - £58+ for tickets that should be half that price.

Yep, it is crazy.

I went to the Shaktar game with a family ticket which was a bargain. But....the club shop wasnt, it was rammed with kids wanting x, y and x off their parents. If the club reduced the prices for kids I am sure they'd pick up the money in other areas or further down the line in merchandise.

Yep, it is crazy.

I went to the Shaktar game with a family ticket which was a bargain. But....the club shop wasnt, it was rammed with kids wanting x, y and x off their parents. If the club reduced the prices for kids I am sure they'd pick up the money in other areas or further down the line in merchandise.

Yeah, I went to that one too. Couldn't get into the club shop before or after the game. Merch sales must have been huge.

My Dad used to take me and him to any game wanted as members - less than £20 for the both of us if I remember. My two kids now want to go but it’s a heck of a lot to fork out. A half decent ticket is £70-90 each then there’s the add ons of food, travel, programme etc. It makes a day at WHL comparable to taking them to Italy for a long weekend. Madness. It’s also making me more choosy as to what games I get to.

Yes
When I was a kid,it was easy to get in. Even the big games,you just got thre earlier.
It was affordable,my dad often invited a mate of mine on the morning of the game to join us,and we weren't wealthy by any stretch of the imagination.
Even in my teens,you could meet up pre match and stand with mates,not meet up pre match and end up in different corners of the ground like now.
We need to nurture future fans,as with sky and others it's easy to "support" anyone these days.

I watched the game with my Nephew on the weekend , thinking about taking him to a Spurs game soon actually even though his old Man is Wednesday and his Grandad is Palace.
I Just think he'd love going to the Spurs Stadium as let's be honest for a young kid can you get a better match day experience?
The thing is though excluding travel I'm probably looking at close to £200 all in for the day which is a fucking lot of wonga, however I took the little ones to the Cinema few months back and that was also fucking expensive, cant remember exactly how much but after a meal after it was over a Ton, any way In conclusion yes I think the club needs to do more to get kids to games, I'm sure we all have memories of our first game at the Lane which back then didnt break the bank as it was a working mans game, I'd happily pay an extra couple of quid on my ticket if that went towards Children's tickets at a reduced cost,
However its not just football thats got expensive, if you have a young family these days fair play to you as everything is just stupid money when it comes to kids!

Edit - Just realised my neice is football mad as well, plays every weekend, so I'd have to take her as well so make that £250 + :ange-facepalm:

I watched the game with my Nephew on the weekend , thinking about taking him to a Spurs game soon actually even though his old Man is Wednesday and his Grandad is Palace.
I Just think he'd love going to the Spurs Stadium as let's be honest for a young kid can you get a better match day experience?
The thing is though excluding travel I'm probably looking at close to £200 all in for the day which is a fucking lot of wonga, however I took the little ones to the Cinema few months back and that was also fucking expensive, cant remember exactly how much but after a meal after it was over a Ton, any way In conclusion yes I think the club needs to do more to get kids to games, I'm sure we all have memories of our first game at the Lane which back then didnt break the bank as it was a working mans game, I'd happily pay an extra couple of quid on my ticket if that went towards Children's tickets at a reduced cost,
However its not just football thats got expensive, if you have a young family these days fair play to you as everything is just stupid money when it comes to kids!

Edit - Just realised my neice is football mad as well, plays every weekend, so I'd have to take her as well so make that £250 + :ange-facepalm:

Life is expensive full stop.

Back
Top Bottom