Are the next generation of fans getting excluded from matchday experiences?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Officially going to stop bothering trying to get tickets for my son for this season.

Has anyone managed to get tickets for themselves and a child as a member this season without paying full price for both? I've now been queued early for every single weekend match this season and despite getting onto the site (after queuing) by about 10:10 or 10:15 on some occasions, there hasn't been any availability for a pair of tickets in an area with concessions at any point. Well, not outside the stupidly priced £100+ seats anyway. I've not been picky either - tried Wolves, Palace and Brighton this morning with zero availability for a pair.

Feels like it's genuinely impossible to get any benefit from OneHotspur+ membership this season if you've got kids.
Same here. Have been to a couple of games and bought adult tickets. The club should level with members as to how oversubscribed tickets are, and therefore what the real value is in OneHotspur+ membership. I don't need birthday cards from Sonny tbh

Genuinely nuts that the only thing I've been able to get tickets for since the start of the season is the Pink concert for my Mrs and daughter.

I've never done less than 5 home games in a season. Although, if it wasn't for taking my son then I could have picked up the odd single for myself or taken up some friends unwanted season ticket seats. The issue is very much the concession seats.

Bringing this up again, as today I managed to get through the queue and onto the ticket selection site at 10:04 and STILL wasn't able to get a pair of tickets for me and my son. The site crashed repeatedly, then when it did let me select a pair it came up with an error, then the next pair had been taken already, then another error.

All pairs gone before I could get one.

I've submitted a complaint to Spurs with screenshots of being almost first in line and yet still not being able to get a pair of tickets for Luton. Fucking Luton.

If I don't get a response then I'll raise a further complaint for false advertising of One Hotspur+ and Junior+ memberships as having priority access to tickets.
Can't help on the error front, was one a session time out error? But 2 pieces of advice I'd definitely give is:

1. Make sure you get an email reminder for when your place in the queue gets to the front. That way, even if your original session times out you can click the link in the email to be taken straight back in and it'll let you log in and get on to the site.

2. Do not look for seats yourself. Always use the "Find seats for me" option. Pretty sure it only offers tickets that are truly available.

Have another go tomorrow and good luck mate.

**Off topic but related**

I think it would be a great idea to let you choose your favoured areas in your account profile so that those areas are listed first for you in the ticketing site.

Whenever I'm on the site I'm in such a spin that I struggle to find the areas of interest to me in that long seemingly random list of blocks.

Also I wish they would have blocks exclusively for safe standing. A number of the "South Lower" blocks include some rows that aren't safe standing which gets confusing too.

Last edited:
Can't help on the error front, was one a session time out error? But 2 pieces of advice I'd definitely give is:

1. Make sure you get an email reminder for when your place in the queue gets to the front. That way, even if your original session times out you can click the link in the email to be taken straight back in and it'll let you log in and get on to the site.

2. Do not look for seats yourself. Always use the "Find seats for me" option. Pretty sure it only offers tickets that are truly available.

Have another go tomorrow and good luck mate.

Cheers Rocket.

I was right in the front of the queue - got in at 10:04. I always use email reminders, and always make sure I'm in the queue almost as soon as possible (in this case the queue opened about 8.50am for 10am purchase).

'Find for me' was completely unavailable for about 15 minutes - it said "unable to load" (on two different browsers). Because people use that find for me option a lot, often the ones it shows have already gone if you're looking for pairs - unless you want the super expensive seats. The stadium seat plan was also down for about 7 minutes.

Didn't really have a problem last 2-3 seasons (the shit football helped) and with it being at 10am on working days, it's not exactly convenient to plan ticket purchasing around meetings. It just feels like the club have made it virtually impossible to access concession pricing.

Cheers Rocket.

I was right in the front of the queue - got in at 10:04. I always use email reminders, and always make sure I'm in the queue almost as soon as possible (in this case the queue opened about 8.50am for 10am purchase).

'Find for me' was completely unavailable for about 15 minutes - it said "unable to load" (on two different browsers). Because people use that find for me option a lot, often the ones it shows have already gone if you're looking for pairs - unless you want the super expensive seats. The stadium seat plan was also down for about 7 minutes.

Didn't really have a problem last 2-3 seasons (the shit football helped) and with it being at 10am on working days, it's not exactly convenient to plan ticket purchasing around meetings. It just feels like the club have made it virtually impossible to access concession pricing.
Wow, sounds like it's going downhill. I don't really know what the answer is other than maybe having some tickets as a ballot. Limiting the number of games you can attend, limiting membership? A waiting list for membership sounds a ridiculous thing, but might actually not be out of the question. It does create ill feeling when you spend money to allow a chance to buy tickets but then it's still a virtual impossibility.

Like you I hadn't had an issue getting the tickets I wanted since the Wembley years. But at this point I've stopped looking at when the sales windows are on. I didn't even realise Luton & Forest had gone on sale this morning.

Home games all sell out and they don't seem to be price sensitive (I blame Ange), so they won't do this, but there are 2 things that should happen.

1. Reduced price tickets for under 25s living in Tottenham/Walthamstow/Edmonton.
2. Family tickets for up to 4 kids (under 12) accompanied by an adult at low cost.

Home games all sell out and they don't seem to be price sensitive (I blame Ange), so they won't do this, but there are 2 things that should happen.

1. Reduced price tickets for under 25s living in Tottenham/Walthamstow/Edmonton.
2. Family tickets for up to 4 kids (under 12) accompanied by an adult at low cost.

Junior pricing is half the adult price so that isn't as much of the issue as the fact that no concession seating is available for PL matches. Someone did the maths and worked out between the ST holders, away allocation, supporter club allocations and lack of availability for concessions in all parts of the stadium, you're looking at hardly any seats for junior members.

What they should do (IMO) is allow people to use concession pricing on ticket exchange seats, which are virtually all full price. All they'd do is lose the difference between the ST full price seat and the concession price - something that would happen anyway if they had more concession seats available. That they don't do this just underlines that greed is the motive.

Totally agree with that. I doubt PL clubs will get there without being forced by the regulator, which in the end they might be.

Junior pricing is half the adult price so that isn't as much of the issue as the fact that no concession seating is available for PL matches. Someone did the maths and worked out between the ST holders, away allocation, supporter club allocations and lack of availability for concessions in all parts of the stadium, you're looking at hardly any seats for junior members.

What they should do (IMO) is allow people to use concession pricing on ticket exchange seats, which are virtually all full price. All they'd do is lose the difference between the ST full price seat and the concession price - something that would happen anyway if they had more concession seats available. That they don't do this just underlines that greed is the motive.
It ultimately also reflects that lots of fans are from Korea until Son leaves (I give this by way of example). And therefore there is money on the table to watch a good team, meaning the club don't care about their young "true" fans.

Half price is still around £50 for a category A game though, so you aren't likely to get groups of teens buying tickets together. In the distant past that used to be normal. Now it is most likely to be father/son, which is a whole other dynamic.

Half price is still around £50 for a category A game though, so you aren't likely to get groups of teens buying tickets together. In the distant past that used to be normal. Now it is most likely to be father/son, which is a whole other dynamic.
Even if teens could afford £50 a game regularly to go with their mates they aren't going to be able to get a group of tickets together. Those days are gone, and I can't see how they are coming back. The Premier League needs to be a sanitised experience/image in order to continue bringing in the corporate revenue.

I guess ultimately if groups of teens want the experience that us over 45's had the opportunity of then they will have to go non-league or maybe div 2 if they are lucky enough to live near a team.

As it stands Daniel knows that as long as there is a reasonable showing on the pitch he will be able cream the ticket pricing for the forseeable future. Old gits and tourists will continue to consume the available product at the levels the stadium can offer. I just don't know how it plays out long term, but I think whatever happens the atmosphere will be in the "negative" column.

Last edited:
Even if teens could afford £50 a game regularly to go with their mates they aren't going to be able to get a group of tickets together. Those days are gone, and I can't see how they are coming back. The Premier League needs to be a sanitised experience/image in order to continue bringing in the corporate revenue.

I guess ultimately if groups of teens wnat the experience that us over 45's had the opportunity of then they will have to go non-league or maybe div 2 if they are lucky enough to live near a team.

As it stands Daniel knows that as long as there i a reasonable showing on the pitch he will be able cream the ticket pricing for the forseeable future. Old gits and tourists will continue to consume the available product at the levels the stadium can offer. I just don't know how it plays out long term, but I think whatever happens the atmosphere will be in the "negative" column.

I feel sorry for the under 30s.

They are getting the sanitised and gentrified version of what was once a working man's game.

It's a product for the T.V audience.

It used to a be your escape from 'real life' but now it is a vehicle for politics and for social media cunts.

Old gits?
That was a reference to people like me. I mean to be fair look around the concourses before the games. It's full of middle aged blokes. I suppose there are a decent smattering of teens and 20 somethings who are probably mostly there with and thanks to bank of mum and dad. I know I always pay for my kids in order that I can enjoy the experience with my family. They wouldn't be going otherwise that's for sure.

That was a reference to people like me. I mean to be fair look around the concourses before the games. It's full of middle aged blokes. I suppose there are a decent smattering of teens and 20 somethings who are probably mostly there with and thanks to bank of mum and dad. I know I always pay for my kids in order that I can enjoy the experience with my family. They wouldn't be going otherwise that's for sure.
The bank of dad is still paying for my kids tickets (and beer and food) at 42 and 39. It never ends.

Bringing this up again, as today I managed to get through the queue and onto the ticket selection site at 10:04 and STILL wasn't able to get a pair of tickets for me and my son. The site crashed repeatedly, then when it did let me select a pair it came up with an error, then the next pair had been taken already, then another error.

All pairs gone before I could get one.

I've submitted a complaint to Spurs with screenshots of being almost first in line and yet still not being able to get a pair of tickets for Luton. Fucking Luton.

If I don't get a response then I'll raise a further complaint for false advertising of One Hotspur+ and Junior+ memberships as having priority access to tickets.

Yet cunts like this website can somehow sell them

How is this allowed?

Back
Top Bottom