Are Hooliganism and Atmosphere Linked?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going back to the original post...............sorry, after reading all that rubbish, I've completely forgotten my point of view!!!Seriously, I just don't get all this bickering, banter is fine, but this is getting ridiculous. We all have our own opinions on all aspects of the game, players and supporting the team, we may not agree and its great to see intelligent and rational debate, but this silly name calling is childish and a waste of valuable time. So can you please keep it to a minimum - after all, we all support the same team, don't we!

Going back to the original post...............sorry, after reading all that rubbish, I've completely forgotten my point of view!!!Seriously, I just don't get all this bickering, banter is fine, but this is getting ridiculous. We all have our own opinions on all aspects of the game, players and supporting the team, we may not agree and its great to see intelligent and rational debate, but this silly name calling is childish and a waste of valuable time. So can you please keep it to a minimum - after all, we all support the same team, don't we!
Not sure that we do after we have determined that frontwheel is a gooner cop....
In all seriousness though, the name calling started after I made the apparently acrimonious statement that the absence of hooliganism has allowed spurs management to introduce measures (ST's, corporate boxes, overpriced tickets etc) that have undermined WHL's atmosphere...
Now this isn't a endorsement of the good ol' days it's simply an observation about the development of modern football and the premier league era..
There seems to be a correlation between an increase in the average age of supporters at WHL and a poorer atmosphere..generally speaking the socio-economic status of the tottenham area has not changed much since the 70's and 80's so it's not hard to understand that spurs under ENIC are pricing out the demographic that would have supported spurs in the 70's and 80's...

Sorry. This is tiresome, but let's have a little bit of truth.

First instance of name calling:

...cunt...

Threats:
...maybe ill c you there...will c if u mouth off as much in person...cunt.....

(Like I'm going to be scared of a teenager with a hardon for Danny Dyer.)

None of that bollocks bothers me. This oversteps the line though:

...frontwheel is a gooner cop...

Maybe when you come here, you'll grow up a bit and realise that it's just plain fucked up to do that, even if you are frustrated due to the cruel limitations nature placed on your intellect.

We can have different opinions etc but you know that I'm a Yid (and very proud of it).

Sorry. This is tiresome, but let's have a little bit of truth.

First instance of name calling:

Threats:

(Like I'm going to be scared of a teenager with a hardon for Danny Dyer.)

None of that bollocks bothers me. This oversteps the line though:

Maybe when you come here, you'll grow up a bit and realise that it's just plain fucked up to do that, even if you are frustrated due to the cruel limitations nature placed on your intellect.

We can have different opinions etc but you know that I'm a Yid (and very proud of it).

I love the fact that you think ur more of a supporter than me because of age, being a ST and my geographical location...

I grew up within walking distance of WHL with a father who lives and breathes tottenham...yes I live in OZ, but this makes me no less of a fan than you...

It's funny how you mention me calling you a cunt but fail to mention y, instead of debating me on the merits of my first post, you take personal offence and quickly jump on your condescending high horse. You then imply that your some sort of ex- hooligan and I should be incrediably weary of offending you...
Maybe I was quick to anger and jumped to conclusions too quickly...
So after reconsidering I don't srsly think your a gooner or a cop just a troll and a cunt...
Jog on or I guess if your back on blackstock run on...

I love the fact that you think ur more of a supporter than me because of age, being a ST and my geographical location...

I grew up within walking distance of WHL with a father who lives and breathes tottenham...yes I live in OZ, but this makes me no less of a fan than you...

It's funny how you mention me calling you a cunt but fail to mention y, instead of debating me on the merits of my first post, you take personal offence and quickly jump on your condescending high horse. You then imply that your some sort of ex- hooligan and I should be incrediably weary of offending you...
So after reconsidering I don't srsly think your a gooner or a cop just a troll and a cunt...

Phew, I managed to find the bit that counts in amongst the special school ramblings. As long as I'm not a gooner, I couldn't care less. Cheers.

Phew, I managed to find the bit that counts in amongst the special school ramblings. As long as I'm not a gooner, I couldn't care less. Cheers.

vic_bob_handbags.jpg

Back
Top Bottom