Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There you go, he deems the players not good enough and how we dare him to improve them.

That's why I said we'll let's take a look at them then.

Many not good enough but some improved even so under Conte.

Comprende ?
Sorry mate I know you said that you are an antiques dealer but if you want people to understand your posts then perhaps you need to speak in modern English and not some aulde world version

Cunte on that booed substitution​

We had three strikers, we continued to play with three strikers. We played with Porro. We played with a 3-4-3 [before], without [11 players], we played with 3-2-3.

But if you win the game it is because you only have strikers? We have to find in every moment to risk but not to lose the balance. Then we had the chance. If you think that we can play with four strikers, with 2-2-4 and if you think so with the counter attack and the space. well...

I think I do my job and everyone has to do their job. I think that I have a career behind me and the experience to try to make the best decision. Then I repeat and you can accept or not. The reality to risk to score and if you score one goal you go into 30 minutes with four strikers. I understand the fans but I'm the coach and I always have to find the best solution for the team.
He can’t count 2-2-4 is 8

As key element of contes stupid WB system he is meant to provide creativity
hes actually as stupid as he looks
Hammer Floor GIF by VPRO

Sorry mate I know you said that you are an antiques dealer but if you want people to understand your posts then perhaps you need to speak in modern English and not some aulde world version

What's difficult to understand.? Many of our players are inferior to what's required but Conte has improved some.

nonsensical .

if we score with 4 strikers and take it to extra time, THEN you can quite easily sub on sanchez for one of the 4.
His a fraud doesn’t know the rules obvs nor do his back room. However that 3rd sun was his last window although I think in ET you can make another sub. How many games does he even make more than 2 subs? I don’t count subs with less than 5 mins and we are chasing a game. If we are running g then makes no diff to bring on an 18 yr old fir 2 mins.

I have watched the press conference and I haven't got a problem with anything he said. He even said Romero is not a complete player until he controls himself. A world cup winner who is not a top defender....there you go, it can be done. !! Richi is similar, shoots his mouth off with no justification. Another one who can't control himself.

I read between the lines....if Spurs can't match Contes ambition and stop making mistakes in the market....he won't be signing a new contract.
The club may decide he is poison and try to salvage something. I think Conte is intelligent and capable of winning things with good players......players we haven't got enough of.

Just because Conte gets sacked it doesn't mean the naysayers and the club are right. It's just starting the process all over again, kicking the can down the road.
Basically what you mean is that if Spurs don’t give Conte an open cheque book and allow him to buy the league then he will leave. That’s lazy and not realistic.

No I decide what isn't sensible if I have to. For example.....everyone was a zero or similar. I haven't had to yet on here.

Same difference...... You're still playing self-appointed arbiter and by doing so compromising the objectivity of your project.

What is ego explained simply?

What is the ego? Everyone has an ego. There are many definitions of the ego, but to put it simply, it's your sense of personal identity or feelings of self-importance. It helps you to identify your 'uniqueness', to stand up for yourself and to put plans into action.

What is ego explained simply?

What is the ego? Everyone has an ego. There are many definitions of the ego, but to put it simply, it's your sense of personal identity or feelings of self-importance. It helps you to identify your 'uniqueness', to stand up for yourself and to put plans into action.
Conte has to go.

I agree that Conte has done well is some areas. But I also understand why his support on the board is evaporating. Tottenham is not a perfect situation for a manager, but also it is not one of the perpetual mid table teams. There's enough resources that a manager can come in and do big things with Spurs, and there are not a huge number of those teams available. Whether he intends it or not, Conte communicates that he is doing everyone involved a favor by taking the job and when the team is not performing well it is never his fault. There has been an enormous reserve of good will toward Conte by fans and he doesn't seem to care that he's using up. I honestly don't think he wants to be here.
Yeah we are not good enough still building after 15 months , 3 transfer windows , a pre season, soent a shit load, no youth players really integrated , same players always start , no subs, no changes in formation, tactics, energy, intensity, mindset. We are so far behind that we couldn’t beat a second string champo team! Did he answer that?

What's difficult to understand.? Many of our players are inferior to what's required but Conte has improved some.

Who here has he improved that has remained at said new level?

Last season I'd have said Dier, Davies, PEH, Doherty, but to whatever degree they're all reverting to type.

Current Emerson is playing better than ever, but that's a very recent phenomena.

On the flipside:

Son has dropped off massively since last season.
Hugo's been a mess for much of the season.
Perisic has gone backwards.
Bissouma, Kulu & Richy (injury accepted) are a shadow of their previous seasons.
Gil showed a little something and got fobbed off on loan.
Lenglet has had one good game all season.

Last edited:
No he hasn’t. He hasn’t improved Dier as you claim. Davies will always be unspectacular Davies. Royal has improved when Conte was in Italy and has been poor for most of Conte’s tenure. Sonny has struggled terribly, Kane is getting no service in this system and is being criminally wasted. He has let Spence leave without giving him a chance when our wing backs have been poor. Sarr will be wasted as well if Conte stays.
I could go on but in summary I would say overall that it is more a case of the manager failing the players by putting too many square pegs in round holes and playing an inflexible pragmatic system that has heavily relied on average wingbacks, wasted our attacking strengths and left our middle outnumbered placing more pressure on them and our defence.

Hold on, he subbed Kulu off for Sanchez. Now, at a stretch you could be thinking about defence but its the 83 minute of a vital home CL game where you are needing a goal.
All this move did was to WEAKEN our attacking options
Now go away Conte, you are not wanted or needed
Oh he said we shouldn’t question his decision bcos his win a few trophies and basically knows what his doing. Of course he doesn’t though as he has failed to win a single CL KO gane fir nearly 10 years. The arrogance and sheer pig headedness. Surely it would still have been a positive sun to bring on a forward for kulu?

Back
Top Bottom