Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok let's go through our first 11.
I'll start...Lloris. Past his best, always been poor at distribution and commanding his area. Now very suspect on decision making.
I'll do one more
Royal....nowhere near good enough but Conte has improved him.

Come on then....let's see who's actually good enough from the rest.

You have a go.
As I already said our team are not world beaters. However they are almost all full internationals so are all good players. However Conte has them playing like some rag tag outfit that look as though they have never played together. As for you saying Conte has improved Royal I would say that actually having some competition for his spot has probably focussed Royal’s mind recently. Additionally it is interesting to note that the last few matches where Royal has played better has actually coincided with Conte being out of the country so it is difficult to claim that Conte has improved him whilst convalescing in Italy.
Put most of these players in a different team with a more positive manager that will actually let them play in a progressive manner and I guarantee they will look much better.
Stop defending this fraud

Ok let's go through our first 11.
I'll start...Lloris. Past his best, always been poor at distribution and commanding his area. Now very suspect on decision making.
I'll do one more
Royal....nowhere near good enough but Conte has improved him.

Come on then....let's see who's actually good enough from the rest.

You have a go.
Oh, nobody else want a go.

Ok heres another one.....Davies.....limited and not good enough. Conte probably has improved him though.

Did anyone ask him at the press conf today about that sub?
Yeah. Basically said he's super, super smart all anyone has to do at look at his record and the fans need to keep their mouths shut about tactics.

Added his answer
But I repeat that I think I do my job and everyone has to do their job. (Chuckles) I think I have a career behind of me and the experience to try to make the best decision and then I repeat you can accept or not, but the reality is that we risk to score to draw but also if you score one goal, you go to play 30 minutes with four strikers no? I repeat this is okay but the fans, I understand the fans, but I am the coach, I have to always try to find the best solution for the team and at that time it was the best solution.

Conte patronising and mocking of Tottenham was quite disrespectful. Talking about the history of Spurs and Milan.

Well we’ve already knocked AC Milan out of europe before. We’ve reached a CL final. We’ve won knockout games.

So lets talk about the history of the Antonio Conte. Hasnt won a knockout game in the CL since 2013, a decade ago. Atrocious statistic for a so called elite manager considering the clubs he has managed.

Maybe he needs to look internally as to why he is such an utter failure in european competitions.
Obvs SU have a better history as well just keep things in balance. He should be sacked just for making that comment. If anyone at sourscteally cares they wouldn’t stand for our manager on £15M saying something so disrespectful!

Yeah. Basically said he's super, super smart all anyone has to do at look at his record and the fans need to keep their mouths shut about tactics.

Added his answer
But I repeat that I think I do my job and everyone has to do their job. (Chuckles) I think I have a career behind of me and the experience to try to make the best decision and then I repeat you can accept or not, but the reality is that we risk to score to draw but also if you score one goal, you go to play 30 minutes with four strikers no? I repeat this is okay but the fans, I understand the fans, but I am the coach, I have to always try to find the best solution for the team and at that time it was the best solution.
Fucker, his like a school bully egging people on to take him on

Ok heres another one.....Davies.....limited and not good enough. Conte probably has improved him though.
Oh you’re answering your own posts now are you?!
Anyway what is it that you actually deal in ? I suggest you stop sampling the wares mate because it must be giving you some weird hallucinations if you think Conte is doing a good job

As I already said our team are not world beaters. However they are almost all full internationals so are all good players. However Conte has them playing like some rag tag outfit that look as though they have never played together. As for you saying Conte has improved Royal I would say that actually having some competition for his spot has probably focussed Royal’s mind recently. Additionally it is interesting to note that the last few matches where Royal has played better has actually coincided with Conte being out of the country so it is difficult to claim that Conte has improved him whilst convalescing in Italy.
Put most of these players in a different team with a more positive manager that will actually let them play in a progressive manner and I guarantee they will look much
The fraud that got this bunch to 4th last season.?

Royal has improved under Conte, so has Dier and Davies, Skipp and Hojbjerg, Romero could do if Conte can teach him to control himself. Kane added more assists to his game under Conte .

Competitive?

They are below us in the table, with 3 points from 15 in their last 5 games. They gave 110% in the first half of the season and have now run their race.
Well I mean in comparison to their norm. They did get to a final and have a great defensive record which our elite manager has failed completely to do’

Well, let's see.

1. Poor quality players

Kane and Son - best strike partnership in the prem for a number of seasons.
Richarlison, Kulusevski, Bentencaur, Holjberg, Romero - Top quality players
Emerson, Porro, Lenglet, Skipp, Dier, Peresic - I certainly wouldn't rate these as poor players.

I'd say its actually more that we don't have the right players. We have zero creativity in midfield.

2. Poor quality coaching staff

Conte and his staff come with a decent league pedigree - albeit poor in knockout comps.

3. Poor quality tactics

Well, we are 3rd in goals scored in the prem - but watching games it appears we have no clue going forward what to do with the ball.

Defensively we seem to be a mess, but we also seem to concede a fair chunk of 'worldies' from the other team - Rotten luck!
Most if those goals came in a few games : soton 4, Leicester 4, Leeds 4 , CP 4. Look at the over stats apparently after 38 games so far we have 2nd lowest goals scored in last 10 seasons. Plus we’ve let in a shed load.

The fraud that got this bunch to 4th last season.?

Royal has improved under Conte, so has Dier and Davies, Skipp and Hojbjerg, Romero could do if Conte can teach him to control himself. Kane added more assists to his game under Conte .
Just what are you talking about? You say the team is not good enough in your previous post but then say Conte has improved them- so which is it?
Conte has been a major disappointment and I just think you are trolling at this point.

Oh you’re answering your own posts now are you?!
Anyway what is it that you actually deal in ? I suggest you stop sampling the wares mate because it must be giving you some weird hallucinations if you think Conte is doing a good job

Not another one, so predictable. I am an antiques dealer. I have to perpetuate my own challenge to evaluate the players because nobody else wants to see the truth. The team ain't good enough, even though Conte has improved some of them.

Here's another one .......Perisic.....past it, lost it

Another one....Sessegnon, say no more.

davies and dier have been protected as much as they can be in a back 3. they are still fucking shit. the fact he even thinks that its worth trying to protect two of the worst players in the squad says it all, its fucking dumb.

it makes no sense to even have 3 CB's when its our weakest department in the squad. its braindead shit. you protect the defence by beefing the midfield, not adding another donkey CB to the 11

romero= good enough
lenglet= poor defender but good on the ball
sanchez= donkey all round
dier= slow, coward, donkey
tanganga= championship shithouse
davies= 5/10 in all departments. squad player at best, when it heats up he melts everytime.

Last edited:
I knew Mourinho had fans that followed him around, but didn't realise Conte had achieved that sort of status too.

Surely there's a gap in the Forums market for a followers of managers site.
Cretinous is a conte fan bois along with a few others. Just cos royal has a few decent few games mainly in the defending they re KO his improved him. Ffs he played him all first half of season and he was shite. He offered nothing v Ac i the attacking third. He can’t cross a ball for love or money has no pace and never looks to beat a man. As key element of contes stupid WB system he is meant to provide creativity. More creativity in Stan Ogden’s vest!

Just what are you talking about? You say the team is not good enough in your previous post but then say Conte has improved them- so which is it?
Conte has been a major disappointment and I just think you are trolling at this point.

....And you decide what's "sensible".
No I decide what isn't sensible if I have to. For example.....everyone was a zero or similar. I haven't had to yet on here.

davies and dier have been protected as much as they can be in a back 3. they are still fucking shit. the fact he even thinks that its worth trying to protect two of the worst players in the squad says it all, its fucking dumb.

it makes no sense to even have 3 CB's when its our weakest department in the squad. its braindead shit. you protect the defence by beefing the midfield, not adding another donkey CB to the 11
Totally!

Not another one, so predictable. I am an antiques dealer. I have to perpetuate my own challenge to evaluate the players because nobody else wants to see the truth. The team ain't good enough, even though Conte has improved some of them.

Here's another one .......Perisic.....past it, lost it

Another one....Sessegnon, say no more.
So do you think Conte had no say at all in getting Perisic then? I bet he asked for him.
This team needs a play maker desperately. Everyone can see it apart from Conte. He doesn’t appear to see much value in having a creative player and we play the dullest football in the league as a result. It is a style of football that will no longer lead to success in this league.
I could go on for hours picking fault in Conte’s decisions this season but I can’t be bothered because I guess with you it will actually fall on deaf ears.
He is a busted flush

He can deem the players not good enough all he likes. The fact that our players are not world beaters has really shown Conte’s limitations in the role. How dare we expect him to be able to roll his sleeves up and actually improve them. In fact the longer this season has gone on it has become more and more apparent that it is probably more a case that Conte is not good enough for this club rather than the players.
In terms of committing now or buggering off as you put it I think it will be terrible for the club if he stays

There you go, he deems the players not good enough and how we dare him to improve them.

That's why I said we'll let's take a look at them then.

Many not good enough but some improved even so under Conte.

Comprende ?

Back
Top Bottom