Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst the football being served up is mind numbing and the contract situation just keeps tumbling on, we should give this a chance.

Unless you have untold wealth and are willing to spend that, a top club doesn’t just happen overnight. It can take a few seasons to build something that wins and continues to win.

This cycle of employ and sack doesn’t work. The last 20-30 years shows this to be true. We need to draw a line in the sand at some point and accept that we need to be patient.

However, I can certainly see why so many want the man out today. Just wouldn’t be my next move.
If you don't have untold wealth, then what's the point of holding on to a manager who requires untold wealth to be successful? Who doesn't develop players, so you don't have to spend for every position, but just for the ones that you absolutely need to? Who doesn't adapt the playing style to play to the squad's strengths, but persists with the same tired system, which requires Chelsea-level spending to work?

Let's face it, we were not ready for Conte. And he is not the one who will get us to the point that we will be ready for a manager like him. So there is no point in persisting with him just for the sake of having "continuity." Let's make the right appointment for where we're at currently as a club. He's not it.

If conte didn't want the player its a club signing and he won't play them unless he has to. If its his guy he will play him no matter what - ie Perisic.
Club signing means it’s his mate patrici buying them, no? He says he speaks to the fraudster every day. Surely they could agree on the transfers? If Pat says we are buying danjuna ti conte what dies conte say? No ? I don’t want him and won’t play him ? Yet Pat still proceeds to buy him? Surely that would create unwanted tension and the player would feel uncomfortable like a relative come round for Xmas you didn’t want.

Well you run one then with your foul mouthed buddies dishing out zeros ones and we can have the spite and anger alternative.

Nah, you're alright thanks........ I'd have to give a shit first. I'm just enjoying the hypocrisy of it all once one factors in your attitude towards popular opinion when presented with it early today.

..........Be honest; it's an ego project. You get all sorts of prickly when people question it.

(p.s. I used the word "piss"... Get over it, petal. Not once did I not provide sensible counter-point to your posts..... )

Last edited:
No he hasn’t. He hasn’t improved Dier as you claim. Davies will always be unspectacular Davies. Royal has improved when Conte was in Italy and has been poor for most of Conte’s tenure. Sonny has struggled terribly, Kane is getting no service in this system and is being criminally wasted. He has let Spence leave without giving him a chance when our wing backs have been poor. Sarr will be wasted as well if Conte stays.
I could go on but in summary I would say overall that it is more a case of the manager failing the players by putting too many square pegs in round holes and playing an inflexible pragmatic system that has heavily relied on average wingbacks, wasted our attacking strengths and left our middle outnumbered placing more pressure on them and our defence.
Under Conte Dier got himself back into the England squad based on an extended run of good form.

Nah, you're alright thanks........ I'd have to give a shit first. I'm just enjoying the hypocrisy of it all once one factors your attitude to popular opinion when presented with it.

..........Be honest; it's an ego project. You get all sorts of prickly when people question it.

(p.s. I used the word "piss"... Get over it, petal.)
No ego involved. It's all about challenging perception.

No he hasn’t. He hasn’t improved Dier as you claim. Davies will always be unspectacular Davies. Royal has improved when Conte was in Italy and has been poor for most of Conte’s tenure. Sonny has struggled terribly, Kane is getting no service in this system and is being criminally wasted. He has let Spence leave without giving him a chance when our wing backs have been poor. Sarr will be wasted as well if Conte stays.
I could go on but in summary I would say overall that it is more a case of the manager failing the players by putting too many square pegs in round holes and playing an inflexible pragmatic system that has heavily relied on average wingbacks, wasted our attacking strengths and left our middle outnumbered placing more pressure on them and our defence.
Oh yeah remember last season when he bugged up sess? His actually worse now than when we bought him. You’d think WB was one area wiggy might work his “magic”! Failed miserably. Even though he found potential in sess.

Due to the dire recent results fans are very emotionally charged and many are firing blame towards the easy target (Conte), but the above quote highlights the far deeper issues at the club than anything Conte has been responsible for over the last year and a half.

Club signing means it’s his mate patrici buying them, no? He says he speaks to the fraudster every day. Surely they could agree on the transfers? If Pat says we are buying danjuna ti conte what dies conte say? No ? I don’t want him and won’t play him ? Yet Pat still proceeds to buy him? Surely that would create unwanted tension and the player would feel uncomfortable like a relative come round for Xmas you didn’t want.
Sometimes it seems Spurs buy younger players with the idea of them being an asset which increases in value for some future sale instead of a useful part of the team that fits current needs. Why purchase Spence and Danjuma and, before that, Berjgwyn if you weren't going to utilize them enough to find out what you had? And what does it say about communication between the manager and front office that this just keeps happening?

Maybe he should outright refuse them then........

Also; at his behest we replace Spence with another 45m WB; one that has the same question marks over his defensive game as Djed (!!!)...... Perhaps that 45m could have been better spent on a CB or an attacker that does fit his mysterious (Not Danjuma, not Gil, not Richy, not a CAM) criteria????
Agreed 100%.

So will be his future at Spurs if Conte miraculously stays next season.
Ironic conte calling rich selfish when he is the biggest selfish cunte ever. Only thins of himself. Like I said before had he ever spoke to the fans as what he wants to give us, a philosophy , plan, etc. even Nuno said he wanted to create a team to make us proud. This fucker had not once reached out to the fans and said he wants to create and style of football the fans can be proud of!

Sometimes it seems Spurs buy younger players with the idea of them being an asset which increases in value for some future sale instead of a useful part of the team that fits current needs. Why purchase Spence and Danjuma and, before that, Berjgwyn if you weren't going to utilize them enough to find out what you had? And what does it say about communication between the manager and front office that this just keeps happening?
I think Levy intends to use them but the manager doesn't.

Son was a similar profile to Bergwijn, a young up an comer who wasn't the finished article but could turn out to be great if developed. We've never looked to sell him.

Back
Top Bottom