Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worse…
bbc sport smile GIF by BBC

Starting to think that if there was another world war the last people you’d want fighting for you is spurs fans because half of them will surrender at the first opportunity

Wouldn’t worry about that.

On day 1 our little island is getting nuked to fuck.

Won’t have a chance to do much more than fry to a crisp and collapse in a ball of dust!!

Yeah that's true, I guess winning the French title with Monaco is insignificant compared to winning Celtic's 247th league title...
If you're going to be blindly supporting this manager, at least admit to it instead of being deluded about the level of football in Japan & Scotland.

Hea Hear 👏👏

Yeah that's true, I guess winning the French title with Monaco is insignificant compared to winning Celtic's 247th league title...

If you're going to be blindly supporting this manager, at least admit to it instead of being deluded about the level of football in Japan & Scotland.
I'm not deluded about one thing at least, the level of morons on this forum.

Starting to think that if there was another world war the last people you’d want fighting for you is spurs fans because half of them will surrender at the first opportunity

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Hear Hear.

There's no reason to respect any 'fan' whose turned on Ange at this stage.
Like we'll win anything if we keep on sacking managers after one season :harrylol::harrylol:

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who wants Ange out now isn't a spurs fan because they clearly want to do harm to our club. Not up for debate either.

I guarantee you most people on here and frankly most sensible people think the level of coaching is higher in the Premier League than it is in the A League.

It’s basic common sense. Due to resources the Prem takes its pick from the elite of Europe, where the vast majority of people with pro licenses exist.

It would be a fucking miracle if it WASN’T lower ffs.

Of course the coaches are better in the EPL than the A-League, but so are the players.

Guardiola along with Anceloti are probably the two best coaches in the World, but they also coach the two best player rosters in the world.

A fair comparison of one coach with another coach is one done on a like for like, in the same league but also with the quality of players they have. No-one could seriously say Spurs playing squad currently matches City or Real Madrid's squads.

Brisbane and Yokohama were not in the top 3 clubs in their leagues when he took over. Nevertheless, it took him a season but he won trophies and changed the club culture on the way.

Celtic was a toxic place when he arrived. Nevertheless, it is still Celtic, they are perenially first or second and have the biggest budget. So when given that environment what happened- he won 2 out 3 trophies in his first season and 3 out of 3 in the next.

I believe his IS a good manager, but the question has always been given the leagues he has coached "How good?" When given the cattle, how far can he go? He has not got the cattle to vie for top 3 this season, so the answers are still up in the air.

It is concerning -and he said this- the team should be finishing the season better than it started it, but in fact its not. That's not what has happened elsewhere he has managed. Has he "been worked out", is something not gelling with the players? We're all guessing at this stage.

Barring a catastrophic end to this season-which is possible with the fixtures to come - he should get another season

Last edited:
Of course the coaches are better in the EPL than the A-League,

Why?

Because they are paid more?

Because they are European?

Because they have better players?

None of those things contribute to how you measure coaching. And I doubt anyone in this thread is going to argue that coaches in Asia get the same chance to be a Prem manager as coaches in Europe.

Coaches in the Premier League are more accustomed to European football and they are more well-known. That's it. They might be better or worse but not BECAUSE they are from the A/J League. And no, it's not easier to win the A/J League BECAUSE it's the A/J League either.

Celtic are one of 2 teams that can win that league so I'm not putting much stock into that but winning everywhere you go, in different football cultures? That isn't something anyone could do. In fact, I wonder how many other Prem managers could have done it? Not many.

Why?

None of those things contribute to how you measure coaching. And I doubt anyone in this thread is going to argue that coaches in Asia get the same chance to be a Prem manager as coaches in Europe.

Coaches in the Premier League are more accustomed to European football and they are more well-known. That's it. They might be better or worse but not BECAUSE they are from the A/J League. And no, it's not easier to win the A/J League BECAUSE it's the A/J League either.

Celtic are one of 2 teams that can win that league so I'm not putting much stock into that but winning everywhere you go, in different football cultures? That isn't something anyone could do. In fact, I wonder how many other Prem managers could have done it? Not many.

shocked-cat.gif

Why?

Coaches in the Prem manage players and games at a higher level, that's why they're in the Prem - same instance for any top profession, you have to be amongst the best to be the best.

And at the highest level be honest being a coach isn't purely just about coaching, you need to manage all facets, the players, the media, the owners, your back room staff, fans expectations, managing schedules etc...couple these with doing the actual job on the training pitch then your job becomes 100x more difficult.

The pressures and expectations of PL coaches are on a completey different planet compared to the SPL coaches.

If I had Elon Musk level of money it would he brilliant to send all 20 premier league managers on some sort of job swap to 20 random leagues for a season.

And get their managers over here.

I’d watch that tv programme. Watch Pep training some team in Peru. Send Moyes to the Congo.

Who was that African side we were following back in the day? Get their manager into spurs!

:nare::chicco:

If I had Elon Musk level of money it would he brilliant to send all 20 premier league managers on some sort of job swap to 20 random leagues for a season.

And get their managers over here.

I’d watch that tv programme. Watch Pep training some team in Peru. Send Moyes to the Congo.

Who was that African side we were following back in the day? Get their manager into spurs!

:nare::chicco:
Botswana meat commission

:nare:

Back
Top Bottom