Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get what you mean.
But wait...

Talking about technical players. Sure, our depth is not great.
But we are talking about side of Vicario; Porro, Romero, VDV, Udogie, Bissouma, Bentancur, Kulusevski, Maddison, Son and Johnson.

WHO from them is not technically good? Ok. Johnson is rough. Kulu does dwindle on the ball for too long. But other 9? Not technical? I have to disagree here. I mean we obviously have to add quality and technical players over the summer, but as an excuse I don't see that really working when we talk of this group.

I don't think anyone in our front three is good enough from the technical standpoint. Johnson, Kulusevski, Son, Richarlison, the lot of them. All predictable, and none of them are good enough at retaining the ball due to their sloppiness. Kulusevski is arguably the best at doing so in our team but he lacks in so many other departments. None of our attackers seem to know the meaning of pass and move and that's a problem. None of them can keep the ball, hold it up successfully, draw opponents in.. they all want to just force it. All the top teams have players capable of doing this. We don't.

Porro, Romero, van de Ven, Udogie, Bentancur, Maddison and probably Bissouma are the only players I'd say are technically sufficient. So from a 25 man squad, 7 players. Seven. In fact, I'd even throw Lo Celso in there tbh but he's off in the summer.

All of our best technical players seem to be in our defence. And it's why we are pretty much one of the best teams in the league in our own third on the ball. However it's when we get beyond that we lack. No good Romero and van de Ven breaking lines with their passing and starting attacks when the players their passing to then go on and treat the ball like they don't know what to do with it

owned GIF

I've only just read this:

In my experience, the true belief comes when you’ve got the majority of the squad and staff [to a point] where if I didn’t turn up, they would still go about things in the same way. I don’t think we’re at the majority yet.

So a fair amount of them don't have faith. There are two players who seem to and that's Romero, the World Cup winner, and his compadre, VDV. They're playing the aggressive game. We need to recruit others like them if this is going to work. The ones who aren't buying in (including the coaching staff) need to go.

Or we sack Ange and hope yet another manager can come in and save us before they're sacked. Rinse repeat. The powers that be need to think hard on this one and resist being swayed by the current mood.

REALLY interesting line to me in that was:

and staff

That didn't feel like a throwaway line. Question is, which staff are feeling like they have the luxury of not buying in? If they have been here since before Ange, get them out the door rapid.

Been thinking about comments today.

More importantly, how others react to people such as myself that want him gone.

There's nothing wrong with me or those who share my opinion. We just have a lot of experience of shit managers at Spurs and can see the signs a mile away.

Apologies for ruining your happy clappy, everything is always awesome, Ange wank fest. I'm venting because I've not been this angry at a Spurs side since the dark days of AVB.

You can put me on ignore if you want and carry on pretending he's the greatest manager in the entire universe. In the meantime I'll post whatever the fuck I like thanks.
I don’t put anyone on ignore. I’m certainly not a happy clapper but every single post lately is a personal dig at the manager. Fair enough you don’t like him but not every one has to be derogatory you fucking ugly cunt 🤷‍♂️

Fully understand that team improvements and progression are not always a linear process and the trajectory can go up or down. But in most situations like this I would always expect things to be messy at the start and then show clear lines of improvement. How this has happened in the opposite way is hard to comprehend.

At the beginning of the process there might be players not up to it in training or on the pitch, players that don’t or can’t get it, the manager’s message not sinking in or the coaching not achieving what it should. At some point, sooner rather than later we would hope, we would expect to see some green shoots, some steady improvement and signs of real progress. For whatever reason it has happened the other way around.

The difficulty I have is because going out of the cups so early, essentially playing one game a week, should have at least allowed the principles of what was trying to be achieved to become embedded and for them to be visible to us fans, albeit with some of the jigsaw pieces missing. I’m really not seeing it.

Sticking my neck out here, but I’m fine to give him the chance of continuing and seeing if he really has got what is needed and can actually turn things around. My worry is that with the team buggering off to Australia at the end of the season, then the Euros and holidays etc he will have little if any time to instil his methods to even any marquee signings (lol) let alone any of the current crop who remain.

Winning is hard.

We've got 3 good centre backs and 2 solid wing backs when fit. We should at least give 532 a go.

But we wont because he doesnt know how to change his style
and 0 good wide forwards, yet we use 2 and play a system that they become the focal point in when it comes to attacking.
--------------------------vic-----------------------------
------------romero---drag------VDV----------------
porro--------------biss/bent--------------------dog
---------------sarr------------mad/gio--------------
----------------rich--------son/kulu/johnson

far more solid than what we are watching. should create chances for the front 2 that side too. drag massively helps with set piece issues.

That's right. Everybody gets a voice here. There's no right or wrong, just debate and opinions. Be fucking boring if we all just agreed.
Totally agree and that’s what forums are for. I’m just in a cunt of a mood like us all but don’t have to get personal in every post. There’s people at the club that I don’t think should be there and are poor players but not every post is constantly slaughtering them.

and 0 good wide forwards, yet we use 2 and play a system that they become the focal point in when it comes to attacking.
--------------------------vic-----------------------------
------------romero---drag------VDV----------------
porro--------------biss/bent--------------------dog
---------------sarr------------mad/gio--------------
----------------rich--------son/kulu/johnson

far more solid than what we are watching. should create chances for the front 2 that side too. drag massively helps with set piece issues.
Mate, that's not who we are.

We are a team that's really easy to beat now everyone know's who we are. Mate.

Back
Top Bottom