Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are very clearly similar patterns but maybe different options/reads based on what the defenders do and where they are?

Sarr runs out to in on the first one, then in to out on the second but the trigger to make the run is the same timing of the 1-2 being received.

It's a pretty similar outside to inside 1-2 as well. Maybe not the same pattern but the concept under it looks very similar, move the defense with 1-2 to create a situation where the FB is outnumbered temporarily then run in behind him at the moment he freezes.

Another one here:

View: https://youtu.be/HFZsh6TJwmc?t=474

This is a great point. Makes me wonder if the FBs are the weak point of their offside trap and we targeted them. Most of the first half we were working down their right trying to get at Cash. This was on the other side so it does look a bit like that's where we figured wide areas was where to beat the trap.

100%. They would have been looking to create this situation for Sarr.

The difference in his final ball Villa v palace was the thing. As that pass was pretty much pin point. Amazing goal.

Bring it Levy would bleed them so hard it would make Bale look like a tea party. He' d want Rodyrigo plus 100 million. It's made up BS!

By the way purely as a thought experiment who would take that?

Manure would all day long I reckon. Romero with a sympathetic ref most games would be a game changer for them.

The biggest obstacle wouldn't be the transfer fee but will Neville be able to stop making a noise to give his mates in the VAR box a heads up every time he makes a tackle?

I don't think 100m is game-changing money..... The same way Kane's sale was never likely to be.

I'd stick and carry on building around what we have and know to be quality..... There will be trf funds regardless.
^
This.
Romero is one of the best inEPL. Even with his slightly tetchy temperament.
No way I’d twist on such a deal. No guarantees in this game when buying from abroad. I know we’ve been great latterly with transfers but you’re always one mistake from mid table and dissatisfaction aplenty.
Fuck em all. Let’s keep our best players in their prime if they want to be here. If not then take the biggest fee ever for a player.
Then go looking.

The manager of the year might be the one who wins the Premiership.It might be Klopp,of he wins a treble or quadruple.For me however it’s Ange. It’s not because what he has done for our club but it’s just for being the person he is, he has shown more common sense , more respect for refs etc.It’s just his whole persona, he has made such a massive and refreshing addition to the Premier League. Incredible.

Sadly there are some on here that contribute to the negative stigma that tourists and day trippers receive.
Seems a bit unfairly entitled.

Just makes me love Ange even more.
Fucking precious English journos who think they own the game and consequently can ask whatever they like! Cut the guy a break, the guy from down under is a breath of fresh air!

My Aunt, Uncle and their two Grandkids are big Fulham fans (my uncle has been season ticket there for 40odd years) and are at the game today. They've just sent me this...

I'm so glad he's our manager...
IMG-20240316-WA0001.jpg

*edited the kids faces out*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom