Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He could do well next season but his biggest obstacle is Levy I'm afraid. We desperately need several positions filled by class players but most of us know it's not going to happen apart from the ever diminishing ENIC happy clappers....
Always going to be an obstacle sadly, he will never leave his position at the club.
Even if new investment comes in, he would still want to control everything, what we need is someone to tell him to fuck off.
As for Ange, he could do better if, he could just stop the zonal marking shit, the team dominate the ball, and it's all undone by rank bad defending every game.
Ange is a good bloke but, the way he sets up, he is ruining us and draining players morale.

I reckon he'd lose the players belief in him more if he suddenly changed based on a few bad results.
I agree with this. You can’t preach something for 9 months then go against it because it’s not going perfectly. It’s nowhere near as bad as is made out. We all know it can get better but to start changing how we play is daft. Tweaks here and there and better players will fix this.

Over all the season it's been pretty average to be honest and not really far off last season in terms of league places we are 5th only because Newcastle have had very bad injuries and man united have been worse than worse. To think of the results we have scrapped past Sheffield United in +10 .Apart from our first 10 games I don't think we are much better on than last season

Over all the season it's been pretty average to be honest and not really far off last season in terms of league places we are 5th only because Newcastle have had very bad injuries and man united have been worse than worse. To think of the results we have scrapped past Sheffield United in +10 .Apart from our first 10 games I don't think we are much better on than last season
True and we might not yet clinch 5th place

Did you think Arteta was the guy for Woolwich?

No, and I still don't. He's spend nearly a billion quid, and had 37 years in charge. If he wasn't challenging for the title they'd be questions...

Who is the guy for Spurs?

No idea. I'm not a football scout, I work in IT.

Does he even exist?

Probably not tbh.

Is it time to pick a woman maybe??

Why not? She couldn't do any worse than some of the utter dickheads we've had in charge.

I love Ange and think with the right backing he’ll get us to the very top

Problem is, like everyone that’s come before him, he won’t get that backing

It’s ENIC that throttle us and stop us from getting to the very top, always has been

peps teams dominate the ball in every game they play. klopp adapted against us when they went down to 10 and 9 men earlier in the season and almost got a result out of it.

In their first seasons they continued to play the same way, that's the point.

Comparing Ange's first season to Pep and Klopp in their 8th or whatever is a false equivalence, when you have better players and a team that you can trust you can start to adapt.

In their first seasons they continued to play the same way, that's the point.

Comparing Ange's first season to Pep and Klopp in their 8th or whatever is a false equivalence, when you have better players and a team that you can trust you can start to adapt.
so klopp would of played suicidal tactics if down to 9 men in his first season would he.

Back
Top Bottom