Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don’t know that. What’s fact is that he walked away from Celtic after two years the second a bigger club came calling. Liverpool are a bigger club than us. Ange supports Liverpool.

And as for your melting post earlier saying we are no where near it… we still have 4 huge players unavailable. So stop talking shite.
Liverpool are a club where, you can win the league or CL plus anything else.
At Tottenham that's not the case, would he be interested, of course he would, would he leave, that's a TBC.
We all hope he stays, but in football nothing surprises us anymore.

Just curious, if ange was approached for liverpool job would he go?
No point worrying about that but to me Ange seems like a project manager , he like to wake a sleeping giant so to speak , as much as we hate Klopp he was very successful at Liverpool and if it wasn’t for City they would have won a lot more!
Following in Klopps footsteps will be hard , they are going for the league this season , not sure Ange would want to set himself up for failure there when he has the foundations here to firstly he successful and build a legacy!
If he stays here and wins the league and a couple of cups he will forever be in Spurs folklore , if he goes to Liverpool he will just be compared to Klopp and they will be on him instantly if he doesn’t succeed
in his first season!

Liverpool are a club where, you can win the league or CL plus anything else.
At Tottenham that's not the case, would he be interested, of course he would, would he leave, that's a TBC.
We all hope he stays, but in football nothing surprises us anymore.
only because Klopp made them into this , Ange has the chance to do that to us.

only because Klopp made them into this , Ange has the chance to do that to us.
Yes I know that, he done a great job, it took him a while but he got there.
Liverpool have a magic about them, that sucks trophies towards them, our club has the opposite effect.
We have to wait and see what develops for us over time, not sure we will win much, but the fun factor is definitely back.

Yes I know that, he done a great job, it took him a while but he got there.
Liverpool have a magic about them, that sucks trophies towards them, our club has the opposite effect.
We have to wait and see what develops for us over time, not sure we will win much, but the fun factor is definitely back.

Liverpool have a magic about them that sucks trophies?

Just fuck off with that pathetic shit.

Liverpool have a magic about them that sucks trophies?

Just fuck off with that pathetic shit.

To be fair, even when they were shit they seemed to pick up a couple. Even when we’re good, zilch.

I’m not a fan of the idea of intangible auras of football clubs but we do seem to have a particular allergy to even picking up a league cup.

I disagree with you on this. I think having a teachers pet type scenario is not a good situation to have within the squad or amongst the fans especially if they're not performing. I don't think he will when everyone is fit but I do think if he does go that way it will cause a fair degree of animosity if not to ange it'll create a very hostile environment for Johnson.
No it won't.

To be fair, even when they were shit they seemed to pick up a couple. Even when we’re good, zilch.

I’m not a fan of the idea of intangible auras of football clubs but we do seem to have a particular allergy to even picking up a league cup.

It’s cyclical. We used to and we will again.

Need to break the glass ceiling and we will be away. Klopp did that for FSG and Liverpool

I think most managers, especially boyhood Liverpool fans like Ange, would find it tough to turn down. But there’s no point worrying about that now.
Won't matter if he wants it, he's under contract. Levy won't even let them talk to him.

If you think he'd do that after one season with us then you really don't understand the man.

It’s cyclical. We used to and we will again.

Need to break the glass ceiling and we will be away. Klopp did that for FSG and Liverpool

I don’t even know how you can disagree with that post. It’s true. We’ve been pretty good for a reasonable period yet having won even a minor cup for 15 years. Unless we’re just gonna blame bad luck there’s clearly a reason for that.

Pre Klopp (during their dark years) they still picked up some crappy trophies. Feels like those clubs still prioritise winning something, even if it’s low level, when they’re bad.

Between 2007 all the way to when Klopp got there, Liverpool won the exact same amount of trophies as us. They were fucking dogshit.

Unfortunately, they then got Klopp. Who himself admitted it would take years for them to start winning things as long as they trusted him.

We need to make sure we do the same with Ange.

Won't matter if he wants it, he's under contract. Levy won't even let them talk to him.

If you think he'd do that after one season with us then you really don't understand the man.

You can’t keep managers against their will unless you want the man leading the team to not want to be there.

But I agree Ange won’t want to go after a season anyway.

Between 2007 all the way to when Klopp got there, Liverpool won the exact same amount of trophies as us. They were fucking dogshit.

Unfortunately, they then got Klopp. Who himself admitted it would take years for them to start winning things as long as they trusted him.

We need to make sure we do the same with Ange.

What a lovely convenient cut off point. They managed to win a league cup under Dalglish which was not long before Klopp.

We last won something 15 years ago, which is a much longer period.

What a lovely convenient cut off point. They managed to win a league cup under Dalglish which was not long before Klopp.

We last won something 15 years ago, which is a much longer period.

Well, it's convenient because pre 2007 we were mostly mid table wank for close to two decades. Whereas Liverpool were consistently finishing top four and winning trophies

Then we started to over take them. We made the right decisions and they were making all the wrong ones. For most of the next 10 years we finished above them in the league but when Klopp took over everything slowly changed and you could see it.

Up until Klopps first trophy, they had 1 trophy in 12 years. We were at 1 trophy in 10. They've since gone on to win 5 more under his tenure. And we went back to making the wrong decisions and falling further and further behind.

I thought Man City had a great game plan and executed it really well, for me they are still the best team in the country and when it clicks for them it's very hard. Considering we've still got some main players out, or just coming back makes it doubly hard. I felt we did well to hang on that long, there was always a chance we may have nicked a goal. Whilst disappointing, I personally didn't expect to win a trophy in his first season, I just wanted us playing better football and getting near a CL place.

To date i've been very pleased with the transfers (in general) and the way we have approached things. I also like his honesty. There's no BS, it's refreshing. We lost, we move on, and in a few weeks we'll hopefully be nearer full strength

Back
Top Bottom