Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pointing out that even when we’re good we are bad at winning trophies isn’t simping for the fucking dippers, get a grip.

It’s not even about them specifically. Take them out of the conversation and the reality is the same - 15 years of mostly being a top 4 challenging side and yet not even a league cup to show for it.

Why? Bad luck? Strategy? Mentality?
All of the above, if we're being objective about it.

The CL Final is a prime example of this. A soft penalty was the bad luck, dropping Lucas for Kane was bad strategy, and the mentality suffered as a result.

The League Cup loss to Chelsea was pure bad strategy from Poch. Playing Son as a LWB? Even then, it took a Willian dive to get the pen. Bad luck somewhat, which compounded the bad strategy.

We've had a lot of opportunities to win Silverware under ENIC. For a number of reasons, we haven't quite got over the line. You can blame the board for lack of squad depth, but for nearly 2 seasons we were the biggest points gatherers in the PL under Poch, the problem was that it was spread over those 2 seasons, when the actual winners managed to concentrate their wins when it mattered over 1 season. Bad luck? Bad strategy? Bad mentality? I'd say it was a mixture of all of those.

The years since Poch have just been one bad strategy after another, but I feel that has been fixed now. I'd also suggest that the mentality, if not totally there, is well on the way to getting fixed. We can but hope that fixing the first 2 goes some way to fixing the third.

All of the above, if we're being objective about it.

The CL Final is a prime example of this. A soft penalty was the bad luck, dropping Lucas for Kane was bad strategy, and the mentality suffered as a result.

The League Cup loss to Chelsea was pure bad strategy from Poch. Playing Son as a LWB? Even then, it took a Willian dive to get the pen. Bad luck somewhat, which compounded the bad strategy.

We've had a lot of opportunities to win Silverware under ENIC. For a number of reasons, we haven't quite got over the line. You can blame the board for lack of squad depth, but for nearly 2 seasons we were the biggest points gatherers in the PL under Poch, the problem was that it was spread over those 2 seasons, when the actual winners managed to concentrate their wins when it mattered over 1 season. Bad luck? Bad strategy? Bad mentality? I'd say it was a mixture of all of those.

The years since Poch have just been one bad strategy after another, but I feel that has been fixed now. I'd also suggest that the mentality, if not totally there, is well on the way to getting fixed. We can but hope that fixing the first 2 goes some way to fixing the third.
That champions League penalty was not bad luck it was gamesmanship by Mane. Look at the penalty incident again. Mane was not trying a shot at goal, a cross or a pass to another Liverpool player. He saw Sissoko’s arm pointing and deliberately aimed for it. I cant remember the player’s name or his club but a Spanish player stated publically that during the week before the final Liverpool were playing against his club as a practice game because they played a similar style to Spurs and that Mane a few others were
instructed to aim for outstretched arms. When I saw this ,at first thought it was rubbish but having studied the clip dozens of times it becomes pretty obvious. Man City practice the dark arts as well, committing disruptive fouls against quick attacking opponents, delaying the subsequent free kick so they can get organised at the back. Last night the harassing Vicario Was the ploy. Ange needs to wise up a bit and get the players to do the same. He is too passive on the sidelines, too ‘polite to officials’. He needs to have a few rips now and again, the fact he doesn’t is one of the reasons decisions don’t always go our way.

That champions League penalty was not bad luck it was gamesmanship by Mane. Look at the penalty incident again. Mane was not trying a shot at goal, a cross or a pass to another Liverpool player. He saw Sissoko’s arm pointing and deliberately aimed for it. I cant remember the player’s name or his club but a Spanish player stated publically that during the week before the final Liverpool were playing against his club as a practice game because they played a similar style to Spurs and that Mane a few others were
instructed to aim for outstretched arms. When I saw this ,at first thought it was rubbish but having studied the clip dozens of times it becomes pretty obvious. Man City practice the dark arts as well, committing disruptive fouls against quick attacking opponents, delaying the subsequent free kick so they can get organised at the back. Last night the harassing Vicario Was the ploy. Ange needs to wise up a bit and get the players to do the same. He is too passive on the sidelines, too ‘polite to officials’. He needs to have a few rips now and again, the fact he doesn’t is one of the reasons decisions don’t always go our way.
In other words, still too naive compared to elite clubs and players who, turn to what it takes to get it over the line.

I do believe mentality has been one of our biggest problems. That fuckin Spursy tag has hung heavy on the club, supporters and filtered through to the team for too long now. Some players have looked haunted when things start to go against us in a game almost like it's an inevitabliluty were gonna fluff it! Don't see that so much now. More a determination to put things right and that's definitely come from Ange. Think that's why the character thing is so important to his recruitment. We're just over half a season in and think we all just need to make lots of noise at the games trust the process lol and start believing a lil bit more. As fans I guess that's about all we can do but positivity is definitely infectious

Spurs and Liverpool were on equal peggings mid 2015ish but both clubs took completely different paths. Liverpool decided to invest wisely, when needed, in strong positions, and back the manager even if the player was expensive and wasnt in the whole “young resale potential flip resale buy” catagory

Spurs sat on their hands and didnt back the manager and eventually things fizzled out. If liverpool had done to Klopp what Spurs did to Poch, Klopp would have left years ago too.

Its as simple as that. Had spurs backed Poch, he would have still been here today. Liverpool had ambition and went the extra mile and won league titles and european trophies. Spurs sold beers and built a go kart track. Levels. built a £1bn stadium (which they'd already committed to before things got rosey under Poch).

I mean you can lie about it; but it doesn't change the facts.

I don't disagree with any of that, it's just pure bad luck, on our part, that he managed to pull it off.

Liverpool aren’t going to look at him, he’s too old for them.

I can’t even believe people are having the conversation. It’s such a loser mentality. We’ve never had one of our managers taken from us in our history.

Do you think gooners are there thinking arteta might go there or msn Utd with ETH. Of course they aren’t. Fucking snap out of it.

Liverpool aren’t going to look at him, he’s too old for them.

I can’t even believe people are having the conversation. It’s such a loser mentality. We’ve never had one of our managers taken from us in our history.

Do you think gooners are there thinking arteta might go there or msn Utd with ETH. Of course they aren’t. Fucking snap out of it.

ETH???? :harrylol:

.....But yeh, don't be wet, wet-lads.

Every person you disagree with you accuse of lying you pathetic, slimey little worm 🪱

Which part of his post was a lie? And, what, in your opinion, are these facts

Oh good... An insult.... My retort:

You're a cunt. Fuck off.

(FWIW..... The lie in this instance is that rather than back Poch we chose to build a GoKart track..... Regardless... Go fuck yourself.)

It’s Liefixx. Why are you bothering?
Ha ha!

giphy.gif

See his response when asked to back up his claims 😆

0 trophies in 6 months

Fucking hell, tough crowd
Or 0 trophies in 16 years. Despite many different managers including serial trophy winners, and many different players coming and going through the revolving doors.

We even bombed in the Conference league FFS

But One ever present constant. ...Pretty obvious what the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom