Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When you hear fans talk about how they're loving the connection with the players and how there's a real togetherness within the group, none of it is by chance.

Ange did the same at Celtic, speaking to every prospective signing beforehand to get a sense of the type of person they are and what their motivation was for coming to the club.

In addition, any existing bad eggs or just personalities who didn't fit were quickly shown the door. He often spoke about how signing people is more important than signing players.

One thing I've thought about with Ange is that after 2 good years with us, he'd be snapped up to go elsewhere.

However, the tweet you posted and other stories/reports I've seen lead me to believe that he is building something long term at the club.
Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by Studios 2016

I was at a fish restaurant in Borough Market yesterday, and got chatting to a couple at the next table.
When I realised they were Australian, I just had to tell them that my favourite person in the world right now is an Aussie.
He was a Man U supporter, but liked Ange and hated Woolwich , so not a bad sort.
My friend and his wife looked at us as if we were slightly crazy,as we talked on and on. But I just can't keep quiet if I ever get the opportunity to talk about Big Ange, the guy is special and it's amazing how he's pulled us all together.
I Love You GIF by Spotify

I picked my shift pattern specifically so I wouldn't have to watch Spurs anymore... I thought it'd be good for my mental health!
I didn't do anything like that but it'd be a lie if I said my life wasn't far more productive when Spurs were shit.

I picked my shift pattern specifically so I wouldn't have to watch Spurs anymore... I thought it'd be good for my mental health!

I know how you feel mate. Being out here in Melbourne I actually slept well last season and got up and watched match replays.

This season I have turned into a goddamn insomniac. I'll go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up at 2am or something wondering how Spurs are going to go...and then I'll just get out of bed and watch the match live. It's back to the Poch years for me in terms of sleep vs Spurs...and whilst Ange is around sleep always runs second,

It's a 6am tomorrow kickoff here...what kind of fucking lunatic wakes up at 5:30am on a Saturday to watch Tottenham? Idiots like me.

I know how you feel mate. Being out here in Melbourne I actually slept well last season and got up and watched match replays.

This season I have turned into a goddamn insomniac. I'll go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up at 2am or something wondering how Spurs are going to go...and then I'll just get out of bed and watch the match live. It's back to the Poch years for me in terms of sleep vs Spurs...and whilst Ange is around sleep always runs second,

It's a 6am tomorrow kickoff here...what kind of fucking lunatic wakes up at 5:30am on a Saturday to watch Tottenham? Idiots like me.
Got a taste of that on holiday a few weeks back, kick off at midnight, then trying to fall asleep at 2am. Not a good way to do things.

This guy is great and the football is awesome to watch. Will deffo have some bumps but nice to have our Tottenham back. Think I had more fun watching mid table Spurs years ago than Conte and Mourinho dross. 3/4 good signings in the next window could get us there. Top four possible 🤞🏻

Oh fuck off...
Cheap option from a 1 team league - Scottish football lol
Well done Levy you penny pinching tight arsed charlatan of a chairman.
This will not end well

Well, without pointing fingers at anyone, it's pretty great how Ange has been able to exceed many folks' expectations for him, right?

August 2023

Forster
Royal Dier Romero Sessegnon
Bissouma PEH
Porro Kulu Son
Richarlison

Bonza boys, go n play some attackin football right.

Get mullered,
Sacked by December.

The only way it works is for a proper, super scout to come in, clear all that shit out, spend the Kane money wisely if he goes and lock fucking Levy in an under ground bunker.

Well done, only got 5 of that starting 11 wrong. And of those 5 only 4 of them in their wrong spots.

Got this weeks' lotto numbers?

Well done, only got 5 of that starting 11 wrong. And of those 5 only 4 of them in their wrong spots.

Got this weeks' lotto numbers?
dedication going back that far in this thread haha. just had a little look at the earlier pages myself. some hilarious judgements from some of the know it alls.

to be fair dont mind matt1882, he was as wrong on poste as he will be on gil. some of the other muppets tho...quite interesting that you can actually go back and see whos completely clueless.

Last edited:
dedication going back that far in this thread haha. just had a little look at the earlier pages myself. some hilarious judgements from some of the know it alls.

to be fair dont mind matt1882, he was as wrong on poste as he will be on gil. some of the other muppets tho...quite interesting that you can actually go back and see whos completely clueless.

Just thought I'd have a look at the first few pages for a laugh.

What struck me wasn't the actual opposition to Ange, it was baseless opinions that were put up and the pathetic vitriol. Seriously, people who haven't even heard of the guy and who can barely cobble together the requisite brain matter to tie their own shoelaces were weighing in with the most laughable of comments and the most pathetic of vitriol.

They should be called out....fucking sacked by October from that bottomfeeder SpaggyBoy SpaggyBoy and some of his follow up work is legendary. And he wasn't alone.

I was at a fish restaurant in Borough Market yesterday, and got chatting to a couple at the next table.
When I realised they were Australian, I just had to tell them that my favourite person in the world right now is an Aussie.
He was a Man U supporter, but liked Ange and hated Woolwich , so not a bad sort.
My friend and his wife looked at us as if we were slightly crazy,as we talked on and on. But I just can't keep quiet if I ever get the opportunity to talk about Big Ange, the guy is special and it's amazing how he's pulled us all together.
I Love You GIF by Spotify
How is your West Ham supporting partner taking to our new optimism and feel good factor

An unyielding to compromise his playing standards. This is what made Ange successful at Brisbane, Melbourne, Yokohama, Celtic, and the national team. He gets in day 1 , positively reinforces what he wants, and clamps down on shit he doesn't. His players get the idea fairly quickly about his expectations. In the high performance arena, this is absolutely critical.

His personality, character, and communication ability works in with this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom