Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's brilliant. isn't he?

I don't understand how he isn't more visible as a pundit when you compare his personality, the way he speaks - like Ian Wright he talks like fans do although a bit less jocular heart-on-his-sleeve than Wrighty - his honesty and obvious humanity, astute analysis too.

Compare that with the likes of Alan Smith, Micah Richards, Dion Dublin etc.

Postecoglou’s leadership underrated​

Hodgson spoke about his opponent this weekend.

“Well, he’s done a fantastic job, there’s no doubt about that. He’s brought in leadership skills as well and that’s probably partially unnoticed because people want to put it down to the fact he’s got some very athletic players now and they can press more from the front than they could in the past,” Hodgson said.

“I know him a bit and his style, that’s something Tottenham have needed as well, he’s taken it back to the playing field, what needs to be done, how they play the game, he’ll get behind them and back them up, and away from the more aggressive stance that a Mourinho or a Conte might’ve had. He’s brought it back to a more team-like environment.”

“Well, he’s done a fantastic job, there’s no doubt about that. He’s brought in leadership skills as well and that’s probably partially unnoticed because people want to put it down to the fact he’s got some very athletic players now and they can press more from the front than they could in the past,” Hodgson said.

“I know him a bit and his style, that’s something Tottenham have needed as well, he’s taken it back to the playing field, what needs to be done, how they play the game, he’ll get behind them and back them up, and away from the more aggressive stance that a Mourinho or a Conte might’ve had. He’s brought it back to a more team-like environment.”

Roy is one of my favourite people in football.

Speaks about 8 languages fluently. Blazed a very different path as a coach and won things.

Always classy when he speaks.

Great words from a very experienced coach.

Love Roy's subtle digs at Mourinho and Conte.

How anyone can describe his wife as a 'hippo' is beyond me.

Not that any woman should be referred to as a hippo in any case, quite frankly.

She is lovely.

As far as football families go, the Kane family is exactly what you'd hope to see. The guy gave us his best years. The vitriol directed at him and his wife from some quarters is rather pathetic.

One thing I've thought about with Ange is that after 2 good years with us, he'd be snapped up to go elsewhere.

However, the tweet you posted and other stories/reports I've seen lead me to believe that he is building something long term at the club.
Not necessarily. If I remember correctly, he said he builds his clubs like he's going to be there forever even though he knows he won't be or something along those lines.

One thing I've thought about with Ange is that after 2 good years with us, he'd be snapped up to go elsewhere.

However, the tweet you posted and other stories/reports I've seen lead me to believe that he is building something long term at the club.
“I start every year and every job I do I do it as if I’m going to be here forever. The reality is that I’m not going to be.

“But every decision I make is a decision I think will be good for this football club or any football club I work for. I’m pretty proud of the fact that every club I’ve worked with, even after I’ve gone, has had success.

“No one has fallen off a cliff just because I’ve left. Every football club I left had success directly after I’ve gone and I’d like to think that what I’ve put in place is long-lasting.

“From my perspective I don’t put timelines on how long I am at a football club. I just treat every year as a separate year and a chance to build.”

Back
Top Bottom