Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just thought I'd have a look at the first few pages for a laugh.

What struck me wasn't the actual opposition to Ange, it was baseless opinions that were put up and the pathetic vitriol. Seriously, people who haven't even heard of the guy and who can barely cobble together the requisite brain matter to tie their own shoelaces were weighing in with the most laughable of comments and the most pathetic of vitriol.

They should be called out....fucking sacked by October from that bottomfeeder SpaggyBoy SpaggyBoy and some of his follow up work is legendary. And he wasn't alone.

Bottomfeeder? Fuck you, cunt.

Yeah I got the Ange appointment wrong, so fucking what? I'm happy I did. He's been amazing so far. If I could be bothered I'd trawl through your post history and fish out all the times when you've been wrong. But... I'm not that petty.

At least I'm happy to own my mistakes... unlike some...

This is the umpteenth time I've heard Ange do something that I just assumed was happening anyway as its just common sense. He is a common sense revolutionary.

Imagine if he had done a video call with Ndombele before we signed him for stupid money.
Imagine Conte doing video-calls!!

Season 9 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Well done, only got 5 of that starting 11 wrong. And of those 5 only 4 of them in their wrong spots.

Got this weeks' lotto numbers?
But we did change the team though.
Many of us, justifiably, didn't see the likes of Maddison coming, Vicario, VdV and Udogie hitting the ground running and Bissouma rediscovering his form from Brighton.

If the team I said is was Ange was lumped with, and he tried to play his football, it wouldn't work.

He's a good coach. Don't think anyone anywhere is doubting that anymore.
But he can't turn water into wine. He's had the luxury of not having to play embarrassing backlines. The rest, I'd give him the credit for. Cheering the squad up, playing positive football, making up for the "lost" Kane goals etc.

Well, without pointing fingers at anyone, it's pretty great how Ange has been able to exceed many folks' expectations for him, right?
Well as I've already said I was wrong and cautiously optimistic for the future. Dunno why this was brought up yet again.

What if we lose the next 10 games? No one knows what's going to happen, it's not as if Levy gets most of the managerial appointments right is it...

This is the umpteenth time I've heard Ange do something that I just assumed was happening anyway as its just common sense. He is a common sense revolutionary.

Imagine if he had done a video call with Ndombele before we signed him for stupid money.

It makes me question the intelligence of a lot of people in football to be fair and always has done. But I suppose most footballers are thick as pig shit and only the highly motivated ones go into management. So it shouldn’t really be a shock. But those employed around the club must be smarter. Maybe they just get dragged down with everyone else and don’t want to look like they are questioning the manager.

It makes me question the intelligence of a lot of people in football to be fair and always has done. But I suppose most footballers are thick as pig shit and only the highly motivated ones go into management. So it shouldn’t really be a shock. But those employed around the club must be smarter. Maybe they just get dragged down with everyone else and don’t want to look like they are questioning the manager.
Football is such a cushy industry, most just pick up their pay cheque and don't rock the boat. Ange is the rare kind who would do it all for free because of his love for the game.

Really?

Worst England manager in history imo, gave us our lowest ever moment anyway in that defeat to Iceland.
Being Australian, it's obviously easier for me to look past his time with England, but have you got any other sticks to beat him with besides one game versus Iceland?

It's the man's character and experience that people are drawn to. Not many coaches would have gone to Scandinavia (and achieved immediate success) at the start of their career, or held first division management roles for almost 50 years. He's also humbly cultured and clearly a role model to a lot of football professionals.

Being Australian, it's obviously easier for me to look past his time with England, but have you got any other sticks to beat him with besides one game versus Iceland?

It's the man's character and experience that people are drawn to. Not many coaches would have gone to Scandinavia (and achieved immediate success) at the start of their career, or held first division management roles for almost 50 years. He's also humbly cultured and clearly a role model to a lot of football professionals.

It wasn't just that one game though. We were shit that whole tournament apart from the end against Wales plus in 2014 we were out of the WC after 2 games.

He's good at a mid table club but failed spectacularly with both Liverpool and England.

This guy is great and the football is awesome to watch. Will deffo have some bumps but nice to have our Tottenham back. Think I had more fun watching mid table Spurs years ago than Conte and Mourinho dross. 3/4 good signings in the next window could get us there. Top four possible 🤞🏻
We had that great 10 weeks or so at the end of 21-22, but apart from that, total crap.

My boy (aged 9) was too young to engage in the Poch years (try as I might) and I've kind of sold him false hope until now. He's loving it now, but is nicely grounded in the swamp of Spurs disappointment, such that he doesn't expect we'll actually ever win anything. Good place to be.

Back
Top Bottom