Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sex Panther...

confused paul rudd GIF
That shit is liquid sex in a bottle

It could be badluck as seen with Nuno before. But Pep should probably get it anyway. 100% wins and all. Meanwhile we've had a draw and been knocked out of the cup.
If it's about improving a team, showing others how to manage, being an all-round nice bloke and making an impression, Ange gets it hands down. If it's about being a lucky cunt who doesn't deserve it, Lego Man's the winner. If it's about oil money - Pep and if it's about being an ugly cunt, well it's a toss up between Klopp & Moyes, but I'd say Klopp edges it.

Shame this isn’t a training block with the full squad with most (all?) of the first XI on international duty.

Ange consistently has a team coming out playing better football after a break between matches.

I see Ange has been nominated for Manager of the Month....i really hope he doesn't win it....if you know what I mean....

:nunothumb:
Melt.

For the majority of you who aren't lily-livered superstitious melts, here's the link so you can vote for Ange...

People who are comparing Ange to Nuno should hang their heads in SHAME.

I thought he was just copying Pep though?

It was such a stupid comment from Neville . Ange has apparently being using inverted fullbacks way back in Japan.

As for the way of playing Ange was influenced by Puskas who was his manager and Pep by Johan Cryuff. The total football model goes back to Jimmy Hogan who is considered the founder of those ideas so the reason Pep and Ange are similar is they have influences from a similar place not due to Ange copying Pep even if Pep obviously is someone he would admire.

You can’t deny Pep has been brilliant but he didn’t invent those ideas, the idea a centre back should be good on the ball and able to swap places on the pitch with a midfielder, that the forwards should constantly be rotating and finding space and possession retained to create gaps via overloads.

Pep is simply the guy who got those ideas from others and has had the best players in order to make it work with unlimited resources. An elite manager with elite players who copied and developed elite ideas.

Someone like Neville who is a proffesional pundit should be generally aware of the history of the game, he should at least be able to use google.

Last edited:

'Changing the Game: Football in Australia Through My Eyes' Published in 2016.

It's a challenge walking into a place and putting something unconventional on the table. People don't like change.

Even those who have some resistance at first will eventually buy into the project. Most people don't want to find themselves outside the group or its momentum. Getting the group to the point where there is some momentum is the big challenge, and that's the bit I love. I start with the premise that everyone wants to be involved. Everyone must find their place or for them it's going to be a battle. Pitching it so that the majority comes on board is the key.

People don't like to have their comfort zone challenged, but I can't work in a comfort zone. That's not how exciting things are done, as far as I'm concerned.

The more I disturb the comfort, the greater the pushback. It becomes very testing when pushback becomes blowback. That can be a make or break time. I'm not a coach for everyone. I'm not a coach for every situation. I'm willing to accommodate people to a certain extent but I'll never abide anything that will derail the mission.

Once I've got the majority of the organisation (club or team) over the momentum tipping point, we're usually away. To get to that point requires inclusiveness; making people believe in what you're doing and feel as though their contribution is vital to its success. No person is more important than another. Any person can be called upon to perform a function and they need to believe that role is key.

Even players who aren't regularly playing must feel like they're contributing.

I realise that I ask a lot of people around me. Change is inconvenient by nature and that was attractive to me because convenience is a soul destroyer. I can't work effectively in that environment, can't get what I need out of coaching. I can't compromise the essence of my coaching - which goes to the heart of me as a person - and settle for a place where I'm just working for the sake of it.

That position would trash everything I believe in and keep telling people, and would trample over the coaching achievements I've enjoyed. It isn't always easy, but I see it as a matter of being. Anything less cheapens everything I've done, and want to do, in my life.

Over my time I'd found that the earlier promising players are thrown into the mix, the better for everyone. The better players will really thrive and the strugglers will be found out, and no further resources will be used up on them.

Back
Top Bottom