Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd question that assessment. The Carabao cup would not add that many games to the schedule that he couldn't achieve what you outlined. And it would give him a few extra games to keep the bench players sharp.

I think he picked the team he did because that B team had shown in preseason that it could play well together. And probably showed the same in training. So he felt he could start them and bring in first XI players as needed. In the end he wasn't that far off. The B team did get a result: a draw at an away PL ground. It's not like we got blown away.
100%

There is no way he will ever "throw" a game for another. He'll take calculated risks with the bigger picture in mind for sure but he just wants to win, everything!

Proper use of mate by the way, for anyone wondering back home in the empire

Only say it because it’s been asked - mate is to make a point or to refer to a friend/colleague/acquaintance - cunt is used to refer to a close friend or someone who just tipped your glass over on the bar - this goes for Victoria, NSW, South Australia and Tasmania

Rest of the country we don’t give a fuck about so you shouldn’t either 👍
There's also the extended version that can be used in a number of situations

Haven't seen them in a while and they've just arrived - "Maaaaaaaaaaaate!"
Can't believe they've just said something that sounds stupid - "Maaaaaaaaate?"
It's a very versatile word

As for not caring about us Qld'ers I can only think it's jealousy we live in paradise and you blokes don't! 😉

Do we know why Robbie Williams was given the number 3 shirt by our PR guys?

Probably just because it's his Soccer Aid number

robbie-williams-0.jpg

Huh, I don't remember that. For the most part though, he put out strong teams for the cups.
28th August
Dundee 0 - 9 Celtic (fucking SPL)

Celtic

Hart
Juranovic
CCV
Starfelt
Taylor

O'Riley
McGregor
Hatate

Abada
Furuhashi
Filipe

31st August Vs Ross County, 1st leg 22nd round league cup

Celtic

Siegrist

Ralston
Welsh
Jez
Bernabei

Mooy

McGregor
Turnbull

Abada
Giakoumakis
Maeda

9 changes. Exactly the same scenario.

28th August
Dundee 0 - 9 Celtic (fucking SPL)

Celtic

Hart
Juranovic
CCV
Starfelt
Taylor

O'Riley
McGregor
Hatate

Abada
Furuhashi
Filipe

31st August Vs Ross County, 1st leg 22nd round league cup

Celtic

Siegrist

Ralston
Welsh
Jez
Bernabei

Mooy

McGregor
Turnbull

Abada
Giakoumakis
Maeda

9 changes. Exactly the same scenario.
The mids and forwards in the cup team were still pretty strong, especially against Dundee who ended up being relegated. Mooy had just joined Celtic the month before and was still building up fitness but he was class.

The mids and forwards in the cup team were still pretty strong, especially against Dundee who ended up being relegated. Mooy had just joined Celtic the month before and was still building up fitness but he was class.
Still 9 changes

Any argument that he was told to do it by Daniel Greedy goes out the window when he did it elsewhere.

Still 9 changes

Any argument that he was told to do it by Daniel Greedy goes out the window when he did it elsewhere.
Yeah it would have been his decision. I don’t think he would have done it to throw the game or to want to lose, but I do think he took a calculated risk out of tactical necessity to see which players have the winning appetite to still be a part of his plans.

There must be some means to be able to put the current enormous feelz of optimism and belief we're all feeling about #angeball in a bottle and be able to sell it for good price. Gonna have a nonsensical chat with ChatGPT to see if it can help me get this sidehuzzle going :sonlol:

There must be some means to be able to put the current enormous feelz of optimism and belief we're all feeling about #angeball in a bottle and be able to sell it for good price. Gonna have a nonsensical chat with ChatGPT to see if it can help me get this sidehuzzle going :sonlol:

Ange's "Balls" Aftershave? I mean the aftershave could be called "Balls" - by Ange.

Celtic were selling Ange jumpers at one point.

Back
Top Bottom