Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This man, I love him. He see what we see.

No more Dier, Lloris, Hojbjerg etc!

On Hojbjerg:

“He’s training well. I get that people want to read into that, but if you want to change you have to change. You can’t keep doing everything the same and expect a different outcome. It’s pretty obvious. I’ve always done that wherever I’ve done. Unless I change things, personnel or staff or manner of playing, then what am I doing? I’m definitely not that arrogant to think that just me walking in is going to give us success.

You have to actually make meaningful change. That’s what the club wanted. By appointing me, I presume they wanted to go in a different direction. Then it’s about making those decisions that institute change. Does it bring more out of people?

Pierre, he trains really hard every day. I thought he played a really important role coming on for us against Man Utd the other day. I haven’t seen that it’s diminished his role or he’s not happy. Hopefully you’ve got a couple of players in every position that are pushing each other every day to be the best they can be.”

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1695067587682443551?s=20

He was never a nominated vice-captain anyway; Ange shouldn't have to answer questions around the stupid notion of 'the leadership group'.

Davies & Skipp were also alluded to last season by the media as part of the gang... Is he gonna have to field questions about those guys not being VCs too?

Last edited:

On Hojbjerg:

“He’s training well. I get that people want to read into that, but if you want to change you have to change. You can’t keep doing everything the same and expect a different outcome. It’s pretty obvious. I’ve always done that wherever I’ve done. Unless I change things, personnel or staff or manner of playing, then what am I doing? I’m definitely not that arrogant to think that just me walking in is going to give us success.

You have to actually make meaningful change. That’s what the club wanted. By appointing me, I presume they wanted to go in a different direction. Then it’s about making those decisions that institute change. Does it bring more out of people?

Pierre, he trains really hard every day. I thought he played a really important role coming on for us against Man Utd the other day. I haven’t seen that it’s diminished his role or he’s not happy. Hopefully you’ve got a couple of players in every position that are pushing each other every day to be the best they can be.”

My way or the fucking highway. My manager.

On Hojbjerg:

Has a real way of communicating and it’s not a shock that he gets the buy in he does from the players.

Just watched today's press conference.

He weren't in the mood today was he? Had no time for the idiotic.

Mad Breaking Bad GIF by MOODMAN

I never wanted him but he has said nothing wrong in his statement, he hasnt virtue signalled like the woke media wanted him too... and even the player in question has made a public statement backing their head FA guy.

People love to make Mountains out of an ant hill these days
So if your daughter wins something major as part of a team and a stranger grabs her and kisses her on the mouth against her will you would be ok about that?

Ange actually hasn't done a HUGE amount yet (like the man himself said), but the way we've all embraced him show just how utterly wank the last manager was.

We WANT to be positive, and sing the managers name, not call him a cunt. We can be patient, it was Conte himself who lost the plot.

I never wanted him but he has said nothing wrong in his statement, he hasnt virtue signalled like the woke media wanted him too... and even the player in question has made a public statement backing their head FA guy.

People love to make Mountains out of an ant hill these days

The fact you think people being annoyed that someone kissed a person on the mouth without consent despite not knowing them at all is 'woke' is virtue signalling is so incredibly funny. It basically sums up how meaningless that phrase is.

It's a really fucking weird, invasive & creepy thing to do. It's not normal. He shouldn't be in a position of power, it's that simple. He apparently has history for making female players uncomfortable as well. You lot will die on any shitbag's hill just to shout "woke" and "virtue signallers".

Find the sly dig at Kane weird & unnecessary. But find it very funny that he's basically saying we've been unsuccessful due to not winning anything which a lot of people on here would get extremely outraged by if it was suggested by another poster.
It's not a dig, it's just acknowledging reality. There's no point of hanging on to the vestiges of the past era when we didn't find any success then anyway.

It's not a dig, it's just acknowledging reality. There's no point of hanging on to the vestiges of the past era when we didn't find any success then anyway.
It's a bit more nuanced than that.

Maybe it was innocent, but definitely came across like a little nibble at Kane to me.
Its his way of doing things, The player is not bigger than the team. He rolled his plan out to Kane, Kane considered it and decided to go, simple as that. Now Richy and the rest have to adjust to that and move on.

Find the sly dig at Kane weird & unnecessary. But find it very funny that he's basically saying we've been unsuccessful due to not winning anything which a lot of people on here would get extremely outraged by if it was suggested by another poster.
Nah I don't think it was a dig at Kane.

He's basically saying that there is no use pining for Kane - no use wishing we had Kane or someone like him - cos it's not like the Kane era was successful.

He's not blaming Kane for that. He's just saying that it didn't work when we had Kane so why hark to those days.

Yes everyone would have liked Kane to stay around but it isn't like we were winning everything as a club when he was here so why is everyone trying to make Richy be the same as then?

Think it's fair enough really.

that aggregator has also cut off part of what Ange said.

The full quote is along the lines of 'it would be different if it was a successful era because then nothing needs to change'. The full words are in Ali Gold's article covering the press conference

I don't want to equate the two from a moral perspective, which isn't the point anyway.

What both Greenwood and this Spanish FA guy are guilty of is being seen on the internet as allies of the notion of women's sexual subservience. They are cast as enemies of the liberation of women from the role of sex objects.

In the Anglophone first world that is no longer tolerable for a public-facing organization as a public relations matter, as a financial matter. Manchester United cannot adequately proceed in their business with that as a public narrative.

It's different in Italy, Spain, Turkey, places like that.

Yeah well Australian women's great Lisa de Vanna alleged sexual harassment, indecent assault, grooming and bullying, some of which was when she was very young. . The alleged perps were her team mates.

To date, no media outrage. No consequences for anyone.

In fact the FFA and the Matilda's put out a joint media statement about how safe and inclusive their group was.

Australian Matilda's coach Alana Stajcic was sacked after player complaints and public false allegations of inappropriate behaviour were made FFA board member Heather Reid. Amongst the reported player complaints were he insisted the players stop having sex with each other in camp ( half the squad are lesbians as is Heather Reid), and improve their skin folds ie they were too fat. Heather Reid apologized, after the damage was done.

The Spanish guy kisses a girl and all hell brakes loose. Weird world.

Yeah well Australian women's great Lisa de Vanna alleged sexual harassment, indecent assault, grooming and bullying, some of which was when she was very young. . The alleged perps were her team mates.

In fact the FFA and the Matilda's put out a joint media statement about how safe and inclusive their group was.

Australian Matilda's coach Alana Stajcic was sacked after player complaints and public false allegations of inappropriate behaviour were made FFA board member Heather Reid. Amongst the reported player complaints were he insisted the players stop having sex with each other in camp ( half the squad are lesbians as is Heather Reid), and improve their skin folds ie they were too fat. Heather Reid apologized, after the damage was done.

So because one case isn't dealt with appropriately, other cases should not be investigated and concluded?

And it is not a weird thing to think that men shouldn't go around kissing women without their consent ffs. The actual weird thing is to think that behaviour is ok.

Can't believe that needs pointing out tbh.

Globally, FIFA estimated that the Women's 2023 Cup Final reached an estimated 2 billion people.
The least that head of Spanish football can do is resign!
Forcing women to do what they do not want to do has to stop!

Back
Top Bottom