Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes great competing to win it is great but let’s take small steps in this project and bloody well try to do our best to be in it.
We are trying our best to be in it, the same as Villa and Utd are.

What Ange seems to be pushing back against is this media narrative that top 4 is the be all and end all for Tottenham. Because even if that *realistically* is the best we'll do this season, acquiescing to that by entertaining the constant "how much of a boost/blow is this result to your top 4 ambitions?" type questions does nothing to foster the winning mentality he's trying to install.

Last edited:

What Ange seems to be pushing back against is this media narrative that top 4 is the be all and end all for Tottenham. Because even if that *realistically* is the best we'll do this season, acquiescing to that by entertaining the constant "how much of a boost/blow is this result to your top 4 ambitions?" type questions does nothing to foster the winning mentality he's trying to instill.

It's amazing how complicated this is proving for some people.

"Ange has no goals... What a loser!" - FFS! :dempsey:

What Ange seems to be pushing back against is this media narrative that top 4 is the be all and end all for Tottenham. Because even if that *realistically* is the best we'll do this season, acquiescing to that by entertaining the constant "how much of a boost/blow is this result to your top 4 ambitions?" type questions does nothing to foster the winning mentality he's trying to install.
Top four matters. There are really only about seven teams that have the financial resources to get there and if you are one of those teams, failing to make the top four is falling short.

I hate it that so many people have bought into the top 4 is a trophy spiel peddled by sky and the media. It isn’t.

I hate it that so many people have bought into the top 4 is a trophy spiel peddled by sky and the media. It isn’t.

Was it wenger that said too?? I think he did?

My thinking is while you don’t get a trophy the financial impact to the football club is far more important than winning the Carabao cup.

Last cup we won we then sold berbatov and Keane. To CL winning clubs. At a time we had never even played in it. Was a slap in the face.

And it affects what you can spend.
Thousands of pages on here are dedicated to transfer threads. People wanting the club to spend big. CL football guarantees what £40-50m?? At least?

Money matters. Top 4 matters. Especially for a club run like us. That’s the reality.
Does £50m even cover half our wage bill these days? It’s crazy when you think about it.

He’s been massively found out. Been happening for months.
Too early to say this but there's question marks for me given the pattern that is now going back to November last year.

There has been an improvement in identity and application this season but we are making the same mistakes over and over. The Luton goal at '3 today is the sort of goal we've been conceding all season. I feel we are too open - I gather Ange's style has always been like this, and you can probably get away with it in the J-league and in Scotland when managing Celtic, but not in the PL - even teams lower down the league have sharp attackers and you will get caught out.

I say overall Ange has shown more than enough to be backed fully in the summer 2024 window but we need to cut out the gung-ho bullshit. I truly believe you cannot win anything at the highest level if you can't defend properly.

The term "found out" is lame and lazy, yes obviously after a certain amount of games it doesnt become rocket science to see how we play. Does any team in this league have an element of mystery about it? You pretty much know what everyone is doing. The next stage of this evolution is player personnel and execution.

Today maybe found out by the goal posts and goal line but thats about it.

To be fair, I remember when Guardiola was found out back in 2017 when his team got destroyed 4-0 by Everton.

He, like every single top manager, adapted. Got players in that suited his team and went on to succeed. Like every top manager does.

Ange will be fine. Such a shame we've got the most reactionary fanbase in the league.

The term "found out" is lame and lazy, yes obviously after a certain amount of games it doesnt become rocket science to see how we play. Does any team in this league have an element of mystery about it? You pretty much know what everyone is doing. The next stage of this evolution is player personnel and execution.

Today maybe found out by the goal posts and goal line but thats about it.

Yep, we need to make the right moves in the transfer window and get some quality up front and a number 6.

ReMeMbEr WhEn GuArDiOlA………

Guy compares a manager who’s won the league in Spain and Germany and the Champions League with a manager whose biggest achievement is A-League and the Scottish league.

Not to say he said he’d be disappointed if we’d not beat Bayern. Says it all how much he knows about football.

Back
Top Bottom