Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Save your back-slapping.....

Ange has made changes that positively effect the outcome of the game plenty of times this season.

He has. But he was far too slow here, that Werner sub needed to come more quickly. Yeah he missed the sitter but as soon as he came in we had someone who pinned them back and was able to get the ball in to the box repeatedly.

Earlier in the season, when we were losing a game or struggling to break a team down, he convinced me that he was calm and knew that if we kept playing to the system, that we would end up winning the game, and most of the time we did.
But now I'm not so sure, recently when things aren't going so well in games, he still doesn't seem to react, either with subs or trying to motivate or change things from the touchline.

Poch was similar in that there was no Plan B if A wasn’t working and he was often slow with the Subs

Ange is not any different to Conte in terms of ambition, he is saying all the same things. So did Mou. So did Poch towards the end. Aiming for 4th is not how you become a top team.

BS.

Ange has explicitly said on a multitude of occasions that top 4 isn't his target.

Think the context of that matters, we'd just lost 3-1 to Brentford at home with a back line of Emerson, Sanchez, Lenglet and Davies with Forster in goal. Not that surprising people had pretty negative outlooks

I reckon not many of their opinions would have changed come the summer mate. Things were toxic up until Brentford away.

I don't think we can say for sure Postecoglou's system can win the Premier League or that it can't. Most of the elite coaches win with a combination of elite talent and a system that minimizes mistakes. Postecoglou's system comes at it the other way around in terms of putting the other side in a position that maximizes and exploits their mistakes and accepts risk. Risks will be negated through quick recovery and maximizing possession. It's a system that doesn't rely on great players, just sufficient numbers of very good ones. We are about where I would of thought we'd be in Year One. The question is simply how much additional growth we can expect each season as players get more repetition in the system. My guess is they will hit a plateau somewhere late in year two that still leaves Spurs short of competing for the top spot. But I think Postecoglou is calm from week to week because he believes he has it figured out and by Year three or four we'll challenge for the top spot. He could very well be right. So fans going from believing he's a genius one week and being exposed the next are missing the point. Postecoglou is calm because he firmly believes sticking to this system will work. Off what's happened so far I'd say he deserves the time to see if he's right.

View: https://twitter.com/harrifungi/status/1661739282602786826?t=AkPqskFwPZ3yO37mijfMNA&s=19

Interesting thread.

Not a single one of the replies thought we'd be near top four. And that was before Kane even left.

Who gives a fuck about Top 4? Ange doesn't seem to think it's all that great either.

Obviously, Ange has made a great start and if you want him fired you are a moron. There is no way to sugar coat that. Unfortunately, we do have a lot of morons that comment very publicly about this club.

The issue with last night is not the morons though, it's with people that find last night as acceptable or no bog deal because of how well Ange has started.

If we are a serious club last night was exactly the type of shit that needs to be stamped out. The players Maddison, Bissouma, and maybe even Son need to be dropped for that stinker they put up. The younger players like Udogie, Johnson, Kulusevski and Sarr maybe get a pass but I'd have no issue with dropping anyone but Vocario, Romero, and Porro from that game.

I'm sorry, who thought last night was acceptable?

Bringing up the context of how well Amge has started is an attempt to justify it imo.

But if people are doing it to defend against the idea of sacking the manager they are wasting their time. You never argue with an idiot because they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Bringing up the context of how well Amge has started is an attempt to justify it imo.

But if people are doing it to defend against the idea of sacking the manager they are wasting their time. You never argue with an idiot because they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

People have used the first 10 games as a way to justify yesterday's performance!? Where?

Yesterday was as far away from the intensity and play of those opening 10 games as humanly possible

He might have lofty ambitions but stepping stones and all that. He is talking in riddles as managers do when they are out of their depth.

You do talk some absolute bollocks!

‘Talking in riddles’?

I’d say his post-match press conference set out pretty clearly what his ambitions for the club were.

I am interested in the thoughts on Vicario's positioning for the first goal.He went to come out, then stopped and was a fair way off his line. Could he have done better ? I'm not sure.
I love Vic, and wouldn't blame him for the first goal, but I have noticed he does sometimes get beaten by similar shots across him into the far post, so maybe his positioning is something he could work on in those situations?

when you have son and johnson in the front 3 you are already conceding the physical battle. neither of them have the smarts to overpower that loss. you can get away with one of them maybe as they do offer pace and in sons case he offers finishing with both feet. but in this league you cant have a side with pussys all over it or you will get smashed. seen it enough times now. at least richy gives us that dog fight.

kulu is very frustrating without a target in the box to hit too. when you have son as striker you kill the weapon of crosses.

Son could've scored, Maddison should have scored, Werner should have scored, Richarlison could've scored.

It wasn't about Fulham having some kind of elite physicality we couldn't deal with. We didn't take our chances, they took most of theirs and also got lucky with a couple.

You never need to Duncan Ferguson opposition centre halves to win a game. Had we taken ours and had some more fortune, these bullshit narratives wouldn't be happening.

Son could've scored, Maddison should have scored, Werner should have scored, Richarlison could've scored.

It wasn't about Fulham having some kind of elite physicality we couldn't deal with. We didn't take our chances, they took most of theirs and also got lucky with a couple.

You never need to Duncan Ferguson opposition centre halves to win a game. Had we taken ours and had some more fortune, these bullshit narratives wouldn't be happening.

Our biggest chances came mostly after subs when we were already 3-0 down and were naturally going to have a ‘flurry’ while Fulham sat in a bit.

Before that we were really struggling with them imo - particularly at the start of both halves. We were losing out in that midfield scrap which is such an important area for us because once you bypass there we have huge open spaces.

The narratives really aren’t bullshit. They’re exaggerated but we really struggled and were being repeatedly exposed at key points in this match. Of course we had our moments but look at how we came out in the first half at 1-0 down. They totally overwhelmed us and we didn’t recover at all until the score was already 3-0.

Back
Top Bottom