Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The manager has said he has no target of CL football so there might be a conflict of ambition between him and the players. I would hope the players aspire to reach the CL.
That is not strictly what he said or meant. For him, 4th is "not a prize" which I thoroughly agree with. He has higher, loftier ambitions than simply qualifying for Europe.

If anything, his goals are in conflict with the board who seem content enough to finish in the CL and reap the dividends without really pushing the envelope.

Some of the over-reacting from a few folks on here is incredible. Yes, it was one shitshow of a performance and we were well beaten, but overall the team has exceeded all pre-season expectations.

Personally, I expected us to be hovering around 8th before a ball was kicked so likely CL football is a massive bonus.

I'll start judging Ange and this team properly after the summer transfer window - which will be very revealing - and the second season.

Yep lots of warming up for ange out calls already . Where as before the start many was saying this is just a season to lay down some foundations, to see green shoots as opposed to last seasons football....and no the football even at its worst is nothing like the routine no shots on target stuff seen under conte and santo before him

The club has been stagnation and going backward ever since 2019, it's gonna take time to get the mentality right, and more young players with the right components

Nothing more spursy about the club than a section of the clown college fans really

Last edited:
We should be able to control more of the game if we wanna play that way. I don't think our players are good enough for that as we lose to much of the ball when we had it and it end up in lots of counters and goal, like yesterday's. Also Bissouma shouldn't be playing as he should be our first protection in midfield but is always out of position, leading to a big gap in the midfield for other teams to explore.

I got binned for doubting Posto, I called it right from the start. No PL or top flight experience, old, set in his ways, stubborn, ill, family in Australia. The ingredients are stacked against success.

Now questions could be asked if this formula has any chance of working in the PL and in Europe if we make it.

PL managers will find answers to and exploit our system. Could we ever sign players good enough to operate it ?

Vdv has dodgy hammies and he is having to sprint repeatedly to cover our defensive weakness, Porro and Udogie are leaving space for opponents to play into.

Posto's initial hurdle was to get the players to buy into his strategy, that happened surprisingly quickly but how do they see it now ?
How was the cough when we were beating Aston Villa 4 -0 last weekend?

Didn't VDV go off at 0-0 last weekend?

Honestly the rubbish in your post is top notch.

That is not strictly what he said or meant. For him, 4th is "not a prize" which I thoroughly agree with. He has higher, loftier ambitions than simply qualifying for Europe.

If anything, his goals are in conflict with the board who seem content enough to finish in the CL and reap the dividends without really pushing the envelope.

Ange is not any different to Conte in terms of ambition, he is saying all the same things. So did Mou. So did Poch towards the end. Aiming for 4th is not how you become a top team.

If anything, his goals are in conflict with the board who seem content enough to finish in the CL and reap the dividends without really pushing the enenvelope.i
I don't think the board are particularly bothered about even qualifying for the CL mate. It'll just raise the expectations of the fan base again who'll expect more ambitious transfer activity etc...
Just in and around the European places creating the illusion of competitiveness is the perfect scenario for these cunts. Just enough for the fans to live off the hope.
Last time we did qualify with Conte we showed about as much ambition as a wet fart

He might have lofty ambitions but stepping stones and all that. He is talking in riddles as managers do when they are out of their depth.
His ambitions are a dream and following dreams means you don't see the wood for the trees.

Sure, but once you get there you can’t just aim for 4th again. That’s our problem. We get there and don’t bring in the players needed to push on. Conte delivered 4th and was then given Lenglet as his new CB. Levy’s ambition was to maintain 4th and nothing more.
Who has said that 4th is a permanent minimum target, obviously you try to build on it. I can't believe that needs saying !!

Le
I got binned for doubting Posto, I called it right from the start. No PL or top flight experience, old, set in his ways, stubborn, ill, family in Australia. The ingredients are stacked against success.

Now questions could be asked if this formula has any chance of working in the PL and in Europe if we make it.

PL managers will find answers to and exploit our system. Could we ever sign players good enough to operate it ?

Vdv has dodgy hammies and he is having to sprint repeatedly to cover our defensive weakness, Porro and Udogie are leaving space for opponents to play into.

Posto's initial hurdle was to get the players to buy into his strategy, that happened surprisingly quickly but how do they see it now ?
Let‘s hope if Ange decides to park the bus you don’t have an issue with how he does it

When we lost against Wolves etc, I wasn't angry, I was pissed off like anyone defeat. Yesterday and still today I am angry. To just stand there watching us getting battered, whilst we had the strongest bench we've had for years, was just inexcusable.
Half time should have seen a change of tactics and change of personnel.
It was like he only realised this when their disallowed 4th goal went in. I just hope this was an exception.

Back
Top Bottom