Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So if Ange never is responsible when the team fail to win (some people in this thread seem to have this opinion) i guess he isn't responsible when the team win either?

Then we should probably do better in terms of creating chances and scoring them....

That's like saying teams have found Guardiolas team out when all it takes is long balls and clever play to bypass their high line

Our players being brain dead offensively isn't a tactical issue mate. It's the squad not being good enough at this moment in time.

What are you talking about??? 😂 We are in no way comparable to city
Absolute guff

That’s what every team does against the top teams though.

Yes but they don’t have the same success.
We are far too predictable and easy to play against in the last few matches. Almost every attack the opposition have against us lately ends up in a 3 on 3 situation at the back that either is a last ditch tackle or a big chance at goal

When Spurs fail to win this place is an absolute shit show full of angry little man children with nothing going on in their lives. Using this forum as a way to get their anger out. Which I suppose is better than putting one on the Mrs.

Can you imagine if Spurs actually won something?

⚠️⚠️☆PROPER FAN ALERT ☆PROPER FAN ALERT☆PROPER FAN ALERT☆⚠️⚠️

giphy.gif

When Spurs fail to win this place is an absolute shit show full of angry little man children with nothing going on in their lives. Using this forum as a way to get their anger out. Which I suppose is better than putting one on the Mrs.

Can you imagine if Spurs actually won something?
We don't need to imagine, spurs won't actually win anything.

I think given the squad and the circumstances he's done a really good job and his philosophy is clear but it's fine to criticise him because he can be questioned especially over the last few matches, his subs have been a bit iffy for my liking.
LoL at Shady gingerly dipping his toes in the criticism water rather than criticising the manager outright :roflmao::roflmao:lol lol

Don't want to be accused of turning on the manager, now, do we.....:sonpoint:

Fair play. Your post genuinely made me chuckle on an otherwise gloomy night

:harrylol:

He’s going to find out that being Spurs manager is one of the hardest in football pretty soon I expect.

It’s why we always have to do well in the cups because the main course is always beyond us for a myriad of factors, which we all know and have been extensively covered. Unfortunately we haven’t given those the respect they deserve for as long as I can remember, domestic and European.

We simply do not have the level of depth, yet, to play his style of football in the prem.

Just the way it is.

Can't make any mistakes in the summer.
Maybe a good idea today would've been to play our best ball-playing defenders, who also happen to be fast and aggressive, as them inverted FB or even regular FB. I don't see a universe in which Cuti and Micky wouldn't have done better than Emerson & Ben...offensively and defensively. Knowing how often Wolves attacked us, Dragusin and Royal or Ben at CB would've done plenty fine, especially with Cuti & VdV tracking back like madmen. But man, offensively, we'd have been a much better proposition. Put big Micky in the Wolves box on every attack and they'd have shat themselves.

I get Biss taking over from Roddy as a starter, but he should've been off at HT seen how bad he was. Same for Mads...Gio should've had 45 but was he fit enough?

Can't do much about the wingers situation, I'm afraid. Sonny is the only elite player of the lot, but when he's not bothered, well we're fucked. Werner is very much proving Deuterz Deuterz right so far, and as for Kulu & Brennan...well...

A general problem I have noticed over the last few months is that for a pressing team, we don’t press very well at all.

We don’t win the ball in the attacking third too often, we’re late to closing down which gives them a little more time to pick out the pass to break our press, we foul needlessly in positions of strength that relieve pressure (Kulusevski is king of this).

Not sure if this is fatigue or tactical but we struggle mightily in this area in my view.
Be interesting to see stats on this

Postecoglous first 25 league games at Spurs :

14 wins
5 draws
6 losses
52 goals scored
38 conceded
5 cleansheets
1.88 PPG

Klopps first 25 league games at Liverpool:

12 wins
6 draws
7 losses
48 goals scored
33 goals conceded
7 cleansheets
1.68 PPG

Guardiolas first 25 league games at Man City:

16 wins
4 draws
5 losses
51 goals scored
29 goals conceded
6 cleansheets
2.08 PPG

Artetas first 25 league games at Woolwich:

12 wins
7 draws
6 losses
40 goals scored
26 goals conceded
9 cleansheets
1.72 PPG

If anything, we seem to be right on track.

Now let's hope that we can build the squad suited to Ange and his style. Like those above.
We won't do what those clubs do, though.

We'll go 50 or 60% of the way, so you cant expect 100% of the results. As the big fella said today, he ain't no magician. Which isn't far from what Mou and Conte once said (less eloquently and media/fan-friendly).

We'll go 50 or 60% of the way, so you cant expect 100% of the results. As the big fella said today, he ain't no magician. Which isn't far from what Mou and Conte once said (less eloquently and media/fan-friendly).
Wow! .Is that what he said????. .(I haven't seen his post match)

That is really interesting. Worrying, even.

We won't do what those clubs do, though.

We just need to be canny with the purchases, the sums paid don’t necessarily need to be an indicator of talent.

Allison and VVD transformed the scousers, yet Vicario and VDV are of similar quality at a fraction of the cost.

Doesn’t mean we can’t compete with some clever scouting and acquisitions.

Back
Top Bottom