Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None of that changes the way I see it. I can read from that you are scared but I just don’t care about being scared of that happening.

I’m interested in winning. The rest of it is noise to me.

Winning is easy if we were plonked in the Scot’s league or the championship, we ain’t. Whether we like it or not our rivals matter to our future success. Case in point Abramovich doping of Chelsea massively affected our success including purchasing of players like Hazard. Arse winning the league helps them not just now but going forward. It’s much more than one game.

When Conte said the club was failing because of the ownership (never mentioned the fans) it was seen as an attack on the club and "throwing it under the bus" but when Ange said it yesterday in a more disrespectful way towards the fans and club it's ok and he's right?

Makes absolutely zero sense.

You don't sit in a presser and say "I don't care what the fans think" and downplay our biggest rivalry at the club then talk about someone needing counselling because of them sharing opinions of Spurs supporters and expect people to enjoy hearing that on the eve of a game which could hand the title to woolwich, it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what football is about imo.

Whether you’re being serious or joking around or not you must care what the fans think!

Winning is easy if we were plonked in the Scot’s league or the championship, we ain’t. Whether we like it or not our rivals matter to our future success. Case in point Abramovich doping of Chelsea massively affected our success including purchasing of players like Hazard. Arse winning the league helps them not just now but going forward. It’s much more than one game.

Sure but I can’t do anything about that

Imagine if Conte or Mourinho said something like that in a press conference, I wonder what would be the fans’ reaction. Oh wait…

This Postecoglou love in makes me a bit sick ngl.

And love in for what?

Won a few games early on and playing shite ever since

Embarrassing 🙈

Ange wasn’t making banter or jokes. He was very clearly dead serious

What amuses me is the amount of posters coming on saying that they hate this thread and what’s being said

It’s a forum ffs so if a thread is likely to offend anyone then put it and the posters on ignore

Easy to do

Mate!

Could take a while as his cult haven't drunk the koolaid yet.

Schools out though!

Schools Out Last Day Of School GIF by MOODMAN

Willian must have lost skin whilst ripping off those ECG stickers after getting the call from Roman

Yeah sure, if Liverpool comes knocking he’s gone the next second.
TBH, if he's there tonight watching us win a game against last seasons treble winners, and our fans are booing, who could blame him for legging it?
Proper mickey mouse behaviour.
And love in for what?

Won a few games early on and playing shite ever since

Embarrassing 🙈
Day after day, page after page, bad performance after bad performance, the "fans" are here demanding he gets 1-2 more seasons regardless as to what happens.
I can imagine us kicking off in league 1 in 25/26 under Ange and them still talking about this seasons first 10 games and how he can walk on water.
It's all Conte's fault.

When Conte said the club was failing because of the ownership (never mentioned the fans) it was seen as an attack on the club and "throwing it under the bus" but when Ange said it yesterday in a more disrespectful way towards the fans and club it's ok and he's right?

Makes absolutely zero sense.

You don't sit in a presser and say "I don't care what the fans think" and downplay our biggest rivalry at the club then talk about someone needing counselling because of them sharing opinions of Spurs supporters and expect people to enjoy hearing that on the eve of a game which could hand the title to woolwich, it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what football is about imo.
It's clear to see from the die hard defenders he has in this place that the conquerer of Scotland, Japan & Australia has carte blanche to do what he wants and never get criticised for it in a way champions of serious leagues have been criticised.

Lose 4 in a row, not his fault.
Score less than Chelsea and concede more that Everton, not his fault, we play attacking football don't ya know?

You are, of course, spot on, it makes very little sense to the point where he could hand that lot the title tonight and he won't be short of die hard defenders.

Imagine throwing away the Carling cup and then making the 4th round of the FA cup and mocking how long it's been since a trophy here, imagine what the response would have been to Jose, Nuno or Conte?

Imagine having top 4 in your hands and letting it slip because of your arrogance/naivety and still talking like this?

Imagine setting your team up to be 0-3 down after half hour and talking about bragging rights mean nothing?

But the lapdogs lap it up and ask for more, maybe it really is because he says mate cos I'm at a loss.

none of it offends me. I've accepted the fact that we have a manager that doesn't truly get it and i don't feed into the hyperbole of 'Big Ange'

One thing I'm good at in real life is assessing someone's character and I see him as an extremley arrogant person that uses charm and his 'jokey'' nature to hide it. Conte unfortunately had a language barrier issue that didn't allow him the luxury of being able to get away with it for so long but 'Big Ange' mate routine won't work for much longer and the mask will eventually fall for the majority.

It's good you can use laughing emojis when I'm talking about our rivals who have proceeded to dismantle us in our own pitch 2 seasons running and are challenging for the league. Unfortunately I live in Islington so I can't see anything funny about it. I'll still wear my numerous spurs tops and my spurs cap through Angel, Holloway, Finsbury Park, Highbury and Islington, Essex Rd when our manager downplays rivarlies and uses our lack of trophies as a way to get his point across. Thanks 'Mate'.
What a post!!!

I've lived in Islington for a bit now as well so I know your pain!

The funny thing is with the bolded part, Conte's arrogance at least had a foundation in reviving Juventus to win titles, winning the Prem with Chelsea and getting Italy to a Euro's final, achievements 'Big Ange' could only dream of.

I know this forum has its moments, but this is the worst 24 hours on here I can recall. Taking Ange's quotes out of context on purpose doesn't impress anyone, it just shows an agenda.

It's a fucking horrid feeling wanting Spurs to lose, and I fucking hate it but what's really pressing my buttons is arseholes on here actually enjoying it almost making it a party atmosphere. There's fucking nothing to enjoy here. This isn't a good position to be in, but some in here seem to fucking love it.

Then there's the dickheads twisting all of Anges words just to compound a miserable day and make it worse because they don't like him anyway, so let's throw him under the bus too.

Fucking cesspit this place today.
Oh fucking spare me...

If we we're in the relegation zone and needed to win to have a chance of staying up then there would be some drama attached, but we're in 5th, and there's a very small chance we could nick 4th if we win both remaining games...

This is as close to a nothing burger of a game as you could ask from our PoV, if the players gave that much of a shit about CL then they should have turned up at Newcastle, they should have turned up at home to Woolwich, they should have turned up at Chelsea, or even the faltering Liverpool, but no, City at home to gift Woolwich the title is the one where they might remove their fingers from their anuses...

Bollocks.

This is not some gut wrenching, cuts you deep to the soul decision, nobody should be torn up over it in the slightest.

A Chelsea fan just remarked to me: "That's the essential reason why Spurs don't win anything now - you just don't care enough about winning 'cos there always seems to be another priority for you as a club - and the fans exemplify this right now. Why don't you stop giving a fuck about other teams, and start caring more about winning something properly for the promising team and massive club that you are?"

Isn't this what Ange is actually saying? And isn't it how all the other big clubs that do win things actually think? Utd, L'pool, Chelski, Citeh, and those lot down the road....
Don't listen to any Chelski fan , the only reason they won anything is because they were financially doped

Back
Top Bottom