Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Years of suffering and disappointment will do that to a fanbase.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

"we will do our best to get a result" would suffice and nobody would find anything wrong in that.

No need to dispute that half the spurs fans want us to lose, no need to make condescending remarks to a reporter about counselling (and the reporters point was actually correct), no need to downplay the fans perspective in regards to rivarlies, no need to state bragging rights is "meaningless", no need to state "he's not really fussed and he doesn't care" how people feel.
...yeah, 'cos you don't know what 'result' he's talking about!!

We'll do everything to get a 1-5 whupping mate, but we'll score first, just go troll the Gooners a little!

That'll do!

though I've been a fan for c90% of my life, since fairly early childhood. Hasn't been the most trophy-rich, golden era in all honesty. No "sports team follower" would entertain such a bizarre, masochistic venture.

Perhaps those for whom the rivalry is everything grew up in the midst of it?
That's the mentality that needs to change though.

Don't get me wrong, I won't shed a tear if we lose tonight, but I simply cannot bring myself to want to lose.

If City want the title then they need to earn it. We need to be out there making them earn it. They have made a mockery of the league already, no way I'm buying into that just because it stops the filth.

We had our chance to do that already.

Why does this always degenerate into yet another opportunity to take a pop at posters who actually believe in a manager, despite our recent struggles. You don't believe in him? Fine, but all you people do is use it as a vehicle to slag off anyone who doesn't see things exactly your way.

THAT'S why this place is a cesspit. Not because there's a difference of opinion, but because all you really want to do is take out your frustrations on other fans.

Too many people drowning in their own bile, and looking to pull as many in with them as possible.

Sadly it has potentially wider consequences than banter. Arse are on an upward trajectory but currently aren’t quite at City’s level. Beat them to the title and they end even more appealing to big name players and putting an even wider gap between ourselves and them. If Arse win the title it’s a huge moment not just this season but potentially going forwards. I mean I might be wrong and they do a Liverpool and lose their way and sack Edu and go stupid but I’d rather not find out.
its baffling that you even have to explain it to people. forget not just wanting the scum to win the league for obvious reasons! it impacts our future as youve explained! it takes them levels above us that could take 5 years to catch.

so even the weirdos thats dont get why fans want their team to lose! surely they understand the fact it puts us 5 years behind a rival! or maybe they dont get that either....

Why does this always degenerate into yet another opportunity to take a pop at posters who actually believe in a manager, despite our recent struggles. You don't believe in him? Fine, but all you people do is use it as a vehicle to slag off anyone who doesn't see things exactly your way.

THAT'S why this place is a cesspit. Not because there's a difference of opinion, but because all you really want to do is take out your frustrations on other fans.

Too many people drowning in their own bile, and looking to pull as many in with them as possible.
Nothing wrong with expressing a difference of a opinion. It's a forum for mass debating.

And there are some proper mass debaters on here.

Cry Baby Crying GIF by HEET GG

I enjoy a good debate and agree with the poster who slated the current coach of THFC for not understanding the hatred between the fans of the London clubs.I even saw some talentless no mark on Sunday Brunch say he hoped Man Utd women beat our women as he is a Chelsea wanker and all Chelsea wankers Hate Tottenham.
If you know your history Ange.

Anyway back to the debate.
We are split fairly even on the Ange debate.
My take is an influx of 3-4. new players isn't going to project our club to the Top 3. As 442 put it -high risk for high reward. I hope to God I am wrong I am sick to death of not winning anything.

Back
Top Bottom