Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes of course there were differences in what they said and (probably) their intentions but the overall point about a lack of success/trophies was the same.

If you can't see/admit that a manager making banter/jokes about his own clubs lack of trophies is stipid and patrionsing that's up to you. If you also can't see that trying to downplay a rivarly that has been around for over 100 years is (at the very least) stupid then again that's also down to you.

Ange wasn’t making banter or jokes. He was very clearly dead serious

But that is utter nonsense. We as Spurs fans want us to win every game, however, we dont want us to win this one because we dont want the scum to win the league. Honestly, it isnt that deep and it isnt that difficult to understand. This Chelsea fan is just using it as an excuse to have a pop at us, ignore it. He's wrong and out of his depth.
So you don't want to win every game...

:levyeyes:

Here is what actually annoys me about the whole thing:

It’s never about us winning or being good when we are the headline.

What a cunty situation to be in the headlines for. I don’t care what happens to other clubs, just for once I’d fucking love it if we were the main character not this court jester taking the piss out of ourselves about losing to the king to stop someone else being the king.

I’m into sport because I like winning. I like trying to win and hate losing, banter is like a mosquito bite but the only thing I really care about is winning.

What a cunty situation to be in the headlines for. I don’t care what happens to other clubs, just for once I’d fucking love it if we were the main character not this court jester taking the piss out of ourselves about losing to the king to stop someone else being the king.

I’m into sport because I like winning. I like trying to win and hate losing, banter is like a mosquito bite but the only thing I really care about is winning.

It’s very Spursy.

Imagine if Conte or Mourinho said something like that in a press conference, I wonder what would be the fans’ reaction. Oh wait…

This Postecoglou love in makes me a bit sick ngl.
Say it quietly but Jose and Conte didn't give a shit about us fans.

They saw our great club as beneath them - Conte moreso than Jose tbf.

At least Ange has the confidence to stick around and try to make us better, in spite of the cockwombles who just want to spew hate at him.

It's also the hypocrisy he showed in the presser today, on one hand he said he grew up "hating rival teams to the core of his being" but then goes on to say but he only cares about his team winning.

If he understood what it truly means to "hate rival teams to the core of his being" then he should probably take the time to understand why Spurs supporters don't want to hand those cunts the title on a plate.

His comments today towards the supporters and fanbase were disrespectful imo and I haven't just watched clips of what he has said, I watched the entire presser and he came across as a very unlikeable arrogant tosser quite frankly.

I said the other day in the poll about Ange out or Ange in that I want him to have time to fix the issues we have so I said "in" and I can stomach not liking him personally if we are getting results, I wasn't a massive fan of Conte either but that man has the resume to back his arrogance up at least.

But one thing I won't stomach is him actively taking the piss out of supporters by saying he "doesn't care what they think" and he "isn't fussed by it" because of the repercussions of the scum winning it.

Also making delusional comments like when he said "My role is to bring success to this football club and I know 100% of Spurs supporters want us to win a trophy and us winning tomorrow night will help us, y'know, bring joy to 100% of spurs supporters"

The bolded makes zero sense and is clearly absolutely untrue and winning that game tomorrow night gets us nowhere nearer to a trophy.

Sorry Ange but you're 100% wrong "mate"

Who could possibly disagree or dislike that post??

Oh hang on….

Tonight we must fuck those Gooner scumbags up and all true Spurs fans will agree to that!

I hope that it’s 0-0 until very late on to give the cunts hope and then we mysteriously concede in injury time but Ange doesn’t give a fuck what Spurs fans think!

This is why the fanbase are on edge and picking apart everything he says, it's mental.

Ironically he'll win himself a lot of trust back with those very same fans the fans if we lose this match tonight.

We just need to get this game out the way, feels like the outcome of our whole season is resting on this 1 match TBH.

If we lose tonight, beat Sheffield and City make sure they don’t do anything stupid against West Ham then I think most fans will be pretty happy with the season.

hahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahaha you can't see he was using humour about walking through corridors to make his point? you think he was being sincere when he had to ask when was the last time we won something and genuinely didn't know?
He wasn't joking. He's not joking about trying to win here either and he believes it even if you don't.

I can get behind that.

Fuck me, never thought the day would come where I said that cunt was spot on. lol

And what he said about chelscum wanting to beat us and then lose to Leicester to stop us winning the league that season, reminded me of the games we should have won to make that irrelevant.

Just as scum should have taken more points off villa and fulham to not have to win-beg from us!

Saying that Ange just doesn’t understand the concept of the football culture in this country

That it fucking matters!!

Sadly it has potentially wider consequences than banter. Arse are on an upward trajectory but currently aren’t quite at City’s level. Beat them to the title and they end even more appealing to big name players and putting an even wider gap between ourselves and them. If Arse win the title it’s a huge moment not just this season but potentially going forwards. I mean I might be wrong and they do a Liverpool and lose their way and sack Edu and go stupid but I’d rather not find out.

No way on earth will he be kept for worse.
As soon as Levy see's we're going backwards, he's gone. Levy isn't here to build a long term plan. He just needs us in and around the top 4. He'll have no appetite for relegation battles or relegation.

As soon as the crowds drop and the resulting merchandise sales also drop Ange is gone!

Saying that Ange just doesn’t understand the concept of the football culture in this country

That it fucking matters!!
Thing is, Ange wouldn't dare be talking so 'fairly' if he was in this situation at Celtic.

Taking libs with us here, on this.

He's just being flash and needs to knock it all on the head, cut back on the words and knuckle down to building a team that isn't going to stink up this division with BBL Drizzy football.

#ArseOutAllDayLong

things like this let you know who the real ones are. the 'sports team followers' just cant get their head around it. welcome to modern day football.

though I've been a fan for c90% of my life, since fairly early childhood. Hasn't been the most trophy-rich, golden era in all honesty. No "sports team follower" would entertain such a bizarre, masochistic venture.

Perhaps those for whom the rivalry is everything grew up in the midst of it?

He’s already written off Bissouma so Skipp needs to play CM and Emerson back at LB.

Fully expect him to wind up Romero pre match so much he flattens Haaland in the first 10 and is on a yellow.

Maybe PEH at 8.

Son CF.
Johnson LW
Kulu RW

Team of your nightmares.

Ange has got this.

Royal should start on the left

Sadly it has potentially wider consequences than banter. Arse are on an upward trajectory but currently aren’t quite at City’s level. Beat them to the title and they end even more appealing to big name players and putting an even wider gap between ourselves and them. If Arse win the title it’s a huge moment not just this season but potentially going forwards. I mean I might be wrong and they do a Liverpool and lose their way and sack Edu and go stupid but I’d rather not find out.

None of that changes the way I see it. I can read from that you are scared but I just don’t care about being scared of that happening.

I’m interested in winning. The rest of it is noise to me.

The premier league are laughing all the way with the extra eyes and attention from this story.

The worst thing for them would be if we didn’t care. I stopped being interested in any other story aside from us winning a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom