Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you think Conte was a good appointment? What about Nuno? What about Mourinho?
Why are you dodging a perfectly reasonable question 🙋
And while we're at it, why do you think Levy is incapable of finding a manager who wins something with us? Even those who win everywhere else

Conte would / could have been a great appointment for our club if Levy had shared his desire and passion for winning. I'm not sure what part of that you're struggling to understand tbh

Like I said, I think you're still smarting from Conte calling Levy out as a loser. It hit a raw nerve. I understand
it was even worse under Jose, ins;

Giovani Lo Celso
Joe Rodon
Matt Doherty
Steven Bergwijn.
Sergio Reguilon
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg

Mid table fodder.

Did you think Conte was a good appointment? What about Nuno? What about Mourinho?
Why are you dodging a perfectly reasonable question 🙋
And while we're at it, why do you think Levy is incapable of finding a manager who wins something with us? Even those who win everywhere else

Conte would / could have been a great appointment for our club if Levy had shared his desire and passion for winning. I'm not sure what part of that you're struggling to understand tbh

Like I said, I think you're still smarting from Conte calling Levy out as a loser. It hit a raw nerve. I understand

Do you want me to wait for you to finish editing this, how long do you need to add more to your post.

You can add as much as you want but it's obvious you're doing your utmost to deflect, funny because it didn't take much for you to completely expose yourself but cool.

Conte didn't have to rebuild an entire squad without its best ever striker though. From last season to this one only the midfield, Romero, Kulusevski and Son remain.
Why does the entire squad have to be rebuilt? Apart from Son the rest of the starting 11 has been here less than 3 years, so does that mean we've gone and bought a load of shit? If so who do we blame for such a mess?

Conte didn't have to rebuild an entire squad without its best ever striker though. From last season to this one only the midfield, Romero, Kulusevski and Son remain.
Porro, Richarlison?

We’ve seen only three new faces in the starting 11. Udogie, VDV and Maddison, who’re clearly upgrades over what we had last season. I left Vicario out because a goalkeeper doesn’t have much of an impact in how the team plays except well, goalkeeping. The rest of our buys have been rotated with the players who have been here last season too.

Last edited:
it was even worse under Jose, ins;

Giovani Lo Celso
Joe Rodon
Matt Doherty
Steven Bergwijn.
Sergio Reguilon
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg

Mid table fodder.

Technically GLC was a Poch player.
The funny thing of course, is that when we signed most of those players, the fickle fans on here were giving that window 7+ out of 10.

We've had 373 managers under Levy, and all of them have been given barely adequate players most of the time. Yet when there's a coach that's upset some of the fans, they blame the coach, not Levy.

Do all the doughy eyed Poch fans thank him for Sissoko, Sessegnon, Ndomble, Sanchez, Moura, Aurier, Janssen, N'Koudu, N'Jie, Clarke, Wimmer, Yedlin, and probably loads more.

Technically GLC was a Poch player.
The funny thing of course, is that when we signed most of those players, the fickle fans on here were giving that window 7+ out of 10.

We've had 373 managers under Levy, and all of them have been given barely adequate players most of the time. Yet when there's a coach that's upset some of the fans, they blame the coach, not Levy.

Do all the doughy eyed Poch fans thank him for Sissoko, Sessegnon, Ndomble, Sanchez, Moura, Aurier, Janssen, N'Koudu, N'Jie, Clarke, Wimmer, Yedlin, and probably loads more.
I don't see why the club bought this Veliz kid? He seems to be below Scarlett in the CF pecking order (no pun intended). Is he not an Ange player, so we loan him out and hope to sell him for a profit or what?

What was the point in Spence, has he played more than 5 minutes for us?

What managerial 'rebuild' are they for, Ange, or the next guy?

when we signed most of those players, the fickle fans on here..... yadda

The fact that you present yourself as some truth-seeing minority on TFC is fucking laughable.

"Close the academy"
"Abramovic is a smart business man who runs Chelsea properly"
.....etc.

I don't see why the club bought this Veliz kid? He seems to be below Scarlett in the CF pecking order (no pun intended). Is he not an Ange player, so we loan him out and hope to sell him for a profit or what?

Veliz was on his way into the team, at least sub appereances, before he got injured. Early days still.

Spence was a miss, talented, but with a lack of attitude

The fact that you present yourself as some truth-seeing minority on TFC is fucking laughable.

"Close the academy"
"Abramovic is a smart business man who runs Chelsea properly"
.....etc.
Let's not forget the classic from a couple of years ago when Matt thought that fans throwing a banana at Richarlison on International duty wasn't racism.

One of the most clueless posters on this forum.

Veliz was on his way into the team, at least sub appereances, before he got injured. Early days still.

Spence was a miss, talented, but with a lack of attitude
Veliz isn't injured now is he? We needed a CF for when Richarlison was/is injured, Son is only really good at playing CF when our tactics are counter-attacking.

If we're going to be playing this risky high line with inverted FBs leaving our CBs exposed tactically, why not continue with the risk and play either Scarlett or Veliz as cover for Richarlison, move Son left, and bench Werner?

At least half of the players we sign every window, IMO, are bought as opportunities to flip for a quick profit.

At least half of the players we sign every window, IMO, are bought as opportunities to flip for a quick profit.
Probably more than half.
Although there's obviously a few exceptions, potential resale value will always be the overriding factor.
It is, after all, the ENIC modus operandi. Some fans are fine with that. And that's ok.. And some of us are uncomfortable with it....also Ok

Last edited:

Sleep Yawn GIF

" Club signings"
I think that was the phrase Conte used with regards to Spence, and one which equally applies to Veliz.

PLEASE.

FFS.

JUST.

SHUT UP.

.........Just post after post of absolute bollocks.
Mate. Calm down, please

200w.gif

Why not just put him on ignore if you don't like what he posts. Then you won't have to read it 🤷‍♂️. (or even see it, for that matter)
Meanwhile, the rest of us can carry on . ...Seems fair?

Last edited:
Do you want me to wait for you to finish editing this, how long do you need to add more to your post.

You can add as much as you want but it's obvious you're doing your utmost to deflect, funny because it didn't take much for you to completely expose yourself but cool.
So you're not going to answer my question then.....

OK 😆

Back
Top Bottom