Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think he has the same desire as Fergie personally.

Look at this seasons top 4 chase. Fergie would be clear. We are qualifying. That’s the aim of this football club. To compete in the biggest competition in the world.

He’d have just dragged the club through sheer force of will.

And I view Fergie as an empire builder. Ange comes across more like a high level management consultant. He will leave you in a better place. But he’s not there for the long term.

Time will tell anyway.
Level of desire is hard to pin down because everyone claims to have it and everyone talks about it but Ange wants to write his name down in history I can promise you that but he'll do it by building resilience in to the team not micro managing games. I watched him in the NSL as a player and the 2 nil loss to Manure in 2000 was when I jumped on his bandwagon and I'm not getting off

Level of desire is hard to pin down because everyone claims to have it and everyone talks about it but Ange wants to write his name down in history I can promise you that but he'll do it by building resilience in to the team not micro managing games. I watched him in the NSL as a player and the 2 nil loss to Manure in 2000 was when I jumped on his bandwagon and I'm not getting off

Nice storyline to that article.

How do you convince yourself and others that you're the best at what you're trying to to do? Haaland God level play lasted for how long and now it's ordinary as, still pretty good tbh but really that ambition to succeed is always between the ears of the team

Last edited:
I agree with you on Sonny. He has nothing about him as a leader on the pitch when the chips are down but I understand why he’s captain. He’s a great person,likeable,players will look up to him because he’s a very good player and been at the club a while.
VDV or Porro are more captain material or leadership group in my eyes. To be honest players should all be captains when they go on that pitch and step up. There’s different ways to captain I suppose but we need players to have the mentality that every single game should be won. That obviously won’t always happen but it’s the mindset we need and not accept that we weren’t up for it,aggressive enough or intense enough like we were against Newcastle.

Tbh I felt Romero needed to get properly booked for smashing through Isak vs Newcastle.

I really hope we haven’t done Dele mkII and sterilised one of the only players we have with an edge.

And just because our fanbase has no clue about the kind of characters that winners usually are and bought into all the media bullshit about him.

This fucking fanbase had our only player with a bit of dog in him FUCKING APOLOGISING for actually showing aggression and making opponents fear him a bit.

Well nobody is fucking scared of playing us now and the same twats are complaining that teams find it easy to play against us.

Tbh I felt Romero needed to get properly booked for smashing through Isak vs Newcastle.

I really hope we haven’t done Dele mkII and sterilised one of the only players we have with an edge.

And just because our fanbase has no clue about the kind of characters that winners usually are and bought into all the media bullshit about him.

This fucking fanbase had our only player with a bit of dog in him FUCKING APOLOGISING for actually showing aggression and making opponents fear him a bit.

Well nobody is fucking scared of playing us now and the same twats are complaining that teams find it easy to play against us.

If you’re allowing Gary Neville to influence your opinion, you’ve got a big problem

I don't really care whether he kicks the oppo or not, unless he's doing it to an extent that becomes counter productive by missing games through suspension. You can still pick up plenty of cards but steer clear of suspension if you're smart about it.

But that's by the by, it may be aggression but it's not productive aggression, what he does need to do is show his aggression when on the ball bringing it out of defence, rather than ambling around at a leisurely pace and then playing a short pass he could have made 5 seconds ago.

He's in the ideal position to set the tempo for how the whole team is going to play, and it's just so slow and laborious...

You shouldn't have to have one (kicking lumps) in order to also have the other (fast, aggressive play on the ball, with conviction).

Didn't realise he's 27 already......... Ought to be hitting his peak, but can be really hit & miss.

Lots of sizzle...... Often lacking in terms of steak.

He’s maybe a slight edge right now but it’s close.

Actual production per minute, I’d guess it’s probably that Johnson is right there if not ahead of him. Diaz is a worse finisher and it’s not close

Funnily enough I was talking to a Woolwich fan the other day and he said when was the last time Romero went in for one his crazy take everything tackles. I said Newcastle before Xmas and Sunday on Saka and Odegaard.

Back
Top Bottom