AFC Bournemouth VS Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday 26th August 2023. Vitality Stadium 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get it. You winding me up

What a load of Horse droppings. "I don't think the defence has changed that much.."

Which one of the Awesome defenders Jose and Conte had to play with started today.

Not One!

If you believe you crap, you seriously need a reality check.

But do you see my point, you're too focused on personnel as opposed to philosophy and what each manager is telling them what to do. Conte and Jose would still have Udogie and Van De Ven defending in their own box the majority of the match but it's clear that both players thrive when they play on the front foot.

Look at Sanchez for example, immediately looked better when he's been asked to defend higher up the pitch as opposed to in his own box.

Also you cannot ignore the point about our press, we conceded a lot of goals because as a team we conceded too many chances due to lack of pressure from the front, Conte could have used a player like Bissouma more in his midfield 2 but opted for Hojbjerg who isn't press resistant at all.

Conte and Jose both has us playing non- sustainable football, sitting back and soaking up pressure was always going to catch up with us at some point.

Bald cunt has just heard ‘we got our Tottenham back’

To him that means he doesn’t have to spend a penny on players anymore, it’s going to be sell to buy for the next 3 seasons until fans start chanting again ‘Levy Out’

You don't deserve nice things.

U

I won't be rude so best to say go away because you know nothing.
Remind me once again what it is I don't know??

We ALL know we probably need a striker on a par with Kane... and Richie ain't it...

You didn't re-invent the wheel with THAT one sunshine!

It's the 'knowing' / "I told you so" tone that grates...

we won, we know... It coulda been better, it coulda been worse... But guess what? SOME of us are happy about it... You, not so much cos you gotta prove an online point!

... it's that smug all knowing 'told you so' tone - especially when we won - that makes you sound like a know-it-all/ know-nothing prick!

try me again.... Let's see whatchoo got!

Must say as not the biggest fan of Romero, he’s looking very good this season

Still thunders into tackles but not quite as mental as he was. Playing with the ball he’s been excellent and I think VDV is a perfect partner for him

Just a thought, new to here; feedback on why Harry didn't stay ? He gave so much to the Spurs and was there for so long. Did he just want a change or after the negative managers did he have his doubts that Ange didn't have a ' name ' ?

I'm gonna have to go broken record on you. As stated a few times.

With Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Sess, Reggie, Doherty, Emerson 1.0 as your whole defence. Winning anything is more that Rocket Science.

But I understand not everyone can understand that concept.

But to play a style of football that relied so heavily on the defence, when your defence is made up of the players you mention, is beyond brain dead.

The bloke was a complete cunt and I'd be happy if I never heard another word from him for the rest of my life. I despise the man and the way he treated our club.

Last edited:
What, so completely resolve them of any responsibility for the shit football they played, and in Conte's case, the shockingly poor attitude he displayed? Brilliant idea. All the fucking clowns are out this afternoon it seems. :/

It’s absolve not resolve.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Back
Top Bottom