7/26 - Ange's Bloated Squad vs Lion City Sailors FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel like Biss, Skipp, Benta, and Lo Celso all love a tackle and the first three especially have good ability to go with it.

So any two of those is enough.
Lo Celso is a very good tackler. He was in the 98th percentile for tackles won for a midfielder last season, which is ridiculous.

Well if Kane wanna go to Bayern to win the Bundesliga with them he might aswell stay now, winning the Tiger Cup should rank about the same achievement wise.
Let’s assume the Bayern 100M for Kane rumors are valid and Levy wants to sell. Then putting him on the pitch for a preseason match is risking about half that. Just saying………

Now we know the first game wasn't an anomaly, i'm actually looking forward to the next game. I can't remember the last time that happened.

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that our PL big 6 rivals are playing each other and the likes of RM, Barca, and Bayern on their pre-season and we've only played West Ham and fucking Lion City Sailors?

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that our PL big 6 rivals are playing each other and the likes of RM, Barca, and Bayern on their pre-season and we've only played West Ham and fucking Lion City Sailors?
United lost to Wrexham, I don’t think the results are so important. On the other hand Bayern were pretty easily outplayed by what looked like the City youth team.

United lost to Wrexham, I don’t think the results are so important.
Wasn't really talking about the results. I watched a bit of the chavs vs Brighton game the other day, and the quality of play was so much higher, especially from Brighton obivously.

We've not actually faced an oppposition that could test whether we can keep more than 50% possession, and if not what would happen.

Pre Season games are very simple friendlies. They aren't played with the intensity or desire of an EPL game and can't really compare. West Ham are a decent team and the LCS should have helped inject some confidence.

It's simply a way of getting the players out on the pitch to improve match sharpness and fitness. The coaches would much prefer to be preparing the team at our own facilities, but pre-season is a money spinner.

We've still got games against good teams - Shakhtar and Barca.

I'm fine with letting Ange's squad take shape, and take on Barcelona at the end of pre-season.

It's the first time he's had all 3 available, I imagine he wanted to see how the three of them would do in the system.

I just hope that unlike Conte and those before him, he isn't afraid of dropping those who either dont suit or don't step up.
To be honest I wouldn’t have Kane near it just now till this debacle is sorted. As for Son and Deki they shouldn’t just play because they’ve been the players who played regularly last season. I’m sure by the time Brentford comes and they don’t improve then they won’t start. We’d create far more with Perisic and Solomon playing wide.

Footballers are not the most politically aware sort. He was the talking about the fans, reception, etc. not about the regime.
Nope - he said he loves Singapore City. Fans/reception is your interpretation, not necessarily mine.

Conte got us playing the best football, for half a season, since peak Poch, but of course you clowns already forgot that.
Nah. It had some highlights but the football since Poch has been overwhelmingly crap in general. So crap that I was happy to go shopping with the missus instead of watching games!

Am genuinely excited to watch us play at the min because I know we're going to be on the front foot. As it should be.

Back
Top Bottom