7/26 - Ange's Bloated Squad vs Lion City Sailors FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So now we are all for selling Kane?
I've said for the absolute longest on here that I felt selling him wasn't the be all and end all most thought.

Absolute immense player but at times his style of play actually hinders us. I said before the summer I'm ok with him going provided we got a maddison type player to take care of the assists we will lose (we end up getting Maddison himself) and a wide forward type player that can play centrally and chip in with a good goal return )and it looks like we are targeting that type of player).

Another cup final Kane didn't turn up for.
Dragons Den Television GIF by CBC

It was a long time ago now but I was busy racking my brains about the 3x production companies she said she worked with. Good to keep the mind active and the Alzheimer’s away.

My memory is bloody good. All 3 names I thought of existed!!

Remember 2 videos in particular changed the way I looked at that young lady. Can never forget that!!

:conteshock::pochshock2::conteshock:

Some thoughts:

Second half front three much more suiting to the tactics than first half front three.

Solomon better on right than left (in this game than last game - the only two games of his I have seen), seemed less inclined to keep trying that shift in and shoot, and more inclined to create something.

Once again, Emerson much better in that Ange RB/midfield remit than Porro.

It’s amazing how much better people like Lo Celso (and hopefully Ndombele) look when you play them in their correct position (L8) in the correct structure (cm3). All of a sudden you understand why we bought him, but equally the idiocy of coaches misusing him (and others) and fans then cunting him (and others off).

A manager that actually understands the value of a midfield is a good thing.

I repeat, I really like Bissouma, he definitely has a remit, and I have no fucking idea how he didn’t start nearly every game last season (when fit), and we had to watch plodders like Hoiberg Bentancur, et cetera. But I would still like to see a proper busy cunt in that 6 role. Or at least the option of one in the squad for the nasty games.

I think there will be games when we will need to play to creative 8’s, such as Maddison , Lo Celso, and Ndombele and games where we play one pure 8, one hybrid and one pure 6. In fact we will need to mix and match all the midfielders around. But the one thing we lack is an out and out hunter gathering 6, unless Skipp becomes that (but Ange doesn’t seem to see him that way?).

Last edited:
You know we still have to PAY to watch this link.... Any free highlights out there?

Yes on Perisic...
But I still think Ndombele has a future here.... and Spence will be perfect for Ange ball!

As for the rest, you may have a point!
The tweets are showing the goals for free?

Some thoughts:

Second half front three much more suiting to the tactics than first half front three.

Solomon better on right than left (in this game than last game - the only two games of his I have seen), seemed less inclined to keep trying that shift in and shoot, and more inclined to create something.

Once again, Emerson much better in that Ange RB/midfield remit than Porro.

It’s amazing how much better people like Lo Celso (and hopefully Ndombele) look when you play them in their correct position (L8) in the correct structure (cm3). All of a sudden you understand why we bought him, but equally the idiocy of coaches misusing him (and others) and fans then cunting him (and others off).

I repeat, I really like Bissouma, he definitely has a remit, and I have no fucking idea how he didn’t start nearly every game last season (when fit), and we had to watch plodders like Hoiberg Bentencourt, et cetera. But I would still like to see a proper busy cunt in that 6 role. Or at least the option of one in the squad for the nasty games.

I think there will be games when we will need to play to creative 8’s, such as Maddison , Lo Celso, and Ndombele and games where we play one pure 8, one hybrid and one pure 6. In fact we will need to mix and match all the midfielders around. But the one thing we lack is an out and out hunter gathering 6, unless Skipp becomes that (but Ange doesn’t seem to see him that way?).

Just to add:

Having a manager values and understands how to use a midfield is great, but if that manager fails to understand the value and how to use his attacking players, that’s going to somewhat negate that.

Let’s hope Ange figures out that he doesn’t have to play Son, Kulusevski or even Kane just because the fans think he should.

Just to add:

Having a manager values and understands how to use a midfield is great, but if that manager fails to understand the value and how to use his attacking players, that’s going to somewhat negate that.

Let’s hope Ange figures out that he doesn’t have to play Son, Kulusevski or even Kane just because the fans think he should.

It's the first time he's had all 3 available, I imagine he wanted to see how the three of them would do in the system.

I just hope that unlike Conte and those before him, he isn't afraid of dropping those who either dont suit or don't step up.

Anyone!
But I would still like to see a proper busy cunt in that 6 role. Or at least the option of one in the squad for the nasty games.
...from the man that has poo-pooed the acquisition of Tyler Adams (hammy notwithstanding)

EDIT: also this...the most damning aspect...

But the one thing we lack is an out and out hunter gathering 6, unless Skipp becomes that (but Ange doesn’t seem to see him that way?).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom