2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t know why I do this to myself every four years but....tell you what lads England look half decent.....lol

At least Southgate seems to have the revolutionary idea of a system and tactics, and we seem to have an identity which is skilful, fast and sieve like defence. I’d go for:

———————————Pickford———————————

—————Stones—————————Smalling—————
————————————Dier————————————

Walker—————————————————————Rose
———————Henderson————Dele————————

————Lingard—————————————Vardy———
————————————Kane————————————

Dunno whether that’s 343 or 541.

Bench: Pope, Tarkowski, Trippier, Shelvey, Rashford

I actually think Dier of all people is key. Setup back 3 as default, push forward into midfield as Walker/Rose fall back if we need to shut up shop. Less sure about Smalling but he has a decent game every now and then.

Winks to come on to bench I feel he’s fit, which I doubt. I like it, my kind of team plenty of pace and a dose of aggro. Dele and Shelvey in midfield would win most cuntoffs. Wildcard squad player Sessegnon for bants.

Cunts I want to see nowhere near the squad - Hart, Cahill, Wilshere

Apart from the back three I agree with you

It’s suspect but could be worse I suppose with Jones and Cahill

That horrible cunt wheelchair should be nowhere near the squad either!

DdO-0q6W4AAQKEU.jpg

Jesus christ.

No, that's Toni Kroos.

;-)

They're not World Champions for nothing.

Strongest squad but not sure they have the best XI. Reckon that might be Brazil or maybe France.

No, that's Toni Kroos.

;-)

They're not World Champions for nothing.

Strongest squad but not sure they have the best XI. Reckon that might be Brazil or maybe France.

Spain, France and Germany have the strongest squads depth wise, I would say.

Apart from the back three I agree with you

It’s suspect but could be worse I suppose with Jones and Cahill

That horrible cunt wheelchair should be nowhere near the squad either!
If Wheelchair makes it that would be the biggest disgrace ever

If Wheelchair makes it that would be the biggest disgrace ever

Le Tissier says he should go
‘ we don’t have many outstanding midfielders to choose form. Wilshere on his day can offer you more quality’

‘On his day’ being the key words

Yet he then goes on to say about a player who in his few seasons has done more than Wilshere ever has in his whole Woolwich career

‘Dele needs to buck his ideas up if he wants to keep his starting place, having dipped below his level”.
Whereas , he says, Lingard has done the opposite

Nothing about on his day for Dele.
Nothing about Dele, goals and assists wise, blows the pair of them into oblivion and isn’t at ther age yet.

So this season
Lingard 8 goals ( 13 all competitions) 5 assists
Dele 9 goals (14 all competitions) 10 assists ( 14 all competitions)

Wilshere 1 goal ( 2 all competitions) 3 assists (5 all competitions)

Wilshere 13 goals and 23 assists in PL and Europe since 2009
Lingard 15 goals and 11 assists in PL and Europe since 2015
Dele 40 goals and 32 assists in PL and Europe since 2015

Dele needs to buck his ideas up.
He regresses any more he May score and assist as many as the on top of his form Lingard.
He’ll have to regress a fucking lot to have less quality, where it matters- assisting and scoring goals, to offer than Wilshere

Dele has to start in Russia. Hasnt had the best season but turns up for the big games. Needs to behave though. Kane should be captain imo.

Don't want to see red card Shelvey, or twatty bollocks wheelchair anywhere near it.

The bigger question should be: Who the hell is brave enough to go and watch them?

Think it's going to kick off bad style.

Glad Cahill, Wilshere and Hart are missing out.

Absolutely amazing that Livermore still manages to get in these squads.

Also glad to see Loftus-Cheek get selected. He's done well this season and does offer something different in the middle of the park.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Very, very encouraging. We all know the cunt is shite, so this isn't a surprise. The encouraging aspect i that we appear to have a manager that looks at footballers and also sees what the majority of us also see too, binned off Wayne "Augustas Gloop" Roooooney was his first bit of business that I thought he handled exceptionally well. Now to bin off that useless turd of a keeper (the reason we didn't get out of the group stage in the Euro's) Hart.

Also glad to see Loftus-Cheek get selected. He's done well this season and does offer something different in the middle of the park.

Ahh, right on queue excellent news.

The thing about Livermore's selection is who else is there? This is a real blind spot but for International tournament football it's largely about being as tight as you can possibly be and get the result. He's not a bad water carrier, most importantly is athletic and gets up and down OK. Name a poor performance that he's played for England, I don't think there has been one. The negative bias around him is like that of Sissoko, he's not a great footballer but his performances he has put in when selected have been good, he's done what is required of him to do, he's also been in the team on our good performances when we played German and I'm sure he was in the side against Spain too.

I'm praying that Lallana is fit enough to go think he has a big role to play in getting the creativity in the middle of the park that we lack.

Bertrand not going would be a massive shock to me. Is he taking Rose? Hmm, he hasn't done that much since he came back from injury.

Delph instead of A Young or both?

RLC should be in it, don't rate Livermore, would like to see TAA in it and maybe Sessegnon.

Still, from many comments I have read online the knives are already out for Kane. He's too good for England fans, they don't deserve him.

Happy to see Hart and Cahill in particular binned.

Hopefully not sacrilegious on here, but I’m not convinced by Kane as captain, more because I prefer it to be a centre half or midfielder. Strikers and goalkeepers are a bit too out of it

Back
Top Bottom