2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get that you're not in good mode right now, but where's that hate come from? Suddenly we're cunts like Colombia ffs. England wasted time while they were up 1-0. Of course you're gonna waste time. About cheating fouls... Lovren knows how good Kane is. Play "fair-play" and you're gonna get fucked. Don't know where else our players showed they're cunts on the pitch really.
Fair win, better team, better luck next time.

The ref let Lovren kick Kane all first half and after the game all we've heard from Croatia is gloating.

Don't get me wrong the French aren't really anymore likeable but they're led by Hugo whereas the main man for Croatia is that snake Modric.

Come on France!

Maybe we are saying the same thing. But there is who should be ahead of who in attack, we have the players there but it is compromised and always will be until will fix the absent creativity from central midfield (both in 10 and deeper roles), until this hole is plugged we will be looking towards some kind of compromise between Kane/Sterling/Lingard/Dele) absolutely nothing changes this.

Agree with all the other stuff.

I think (?) where we differ is i'd rather bite the "lacking central creativity"-bullet in the name of maximizing our strengths bearing in mind the outcome of our experiment showed we still lacked that same central creativity and the AMs deployed in this system don't have the finishing consistency to supliment Kane's reduced goal threat(*). You seem to be implying you'd stick with what we did moving fwd til a creative player materialises (?).

(*I mean, In the simplest of terms; aside from set pieces most of our threat came from KT or a ball over the top... Who do we want in the box when we breach their defense?)

I get that you're not in good mode right now, but where's that hate come from? Suddenly we're cunts like Colombia ffs. England wasted time while they were up 1-0. Of course you're gonna waste time. About cheating fouls... Lovren knows how good Kane is. Play "fair-play" and you're gonna get fucked. Don't know where else our players showed they're cunts on the pitch really.
Fair win, better team, better luck next time.

Better team? Better at cheating you mean.

Hope you have a miserable final, and France stick a dozen past your shithouse side. Suck a dick, CroGoon.

I think the only overconfidence shown was from Neville, but think he forgot his job and thought he was giving a speech in the locker room at half time or something.

I've always rated his punditry on Sky, especially post match analysis but his entire World Cup with both co-comms and in studio punditry he has been so poor. Maybe things are unravelling for him? This was the man who was jointly responsible for Englands woeful showing in the Euro's as he was assistant manager and let's not forget his spell as Valencia manager.

I was thinking similar about Neville; seemed to have an air of 'call me' about him for a while.

Maybe he has an itch to redeem himself in management?

My point is Kane is the more versatile player because of this he filled the void of not having classic 10 in the squad (Lallana would have played that role had he been fit), also in midfield we lacked a creative player in a double pivot, the player next to the DM, a player who dictates play from a deeper position (Winks/Dembele also Eriksen does this to great effect for us).

England were without these two type of players and Kane was seen as the best compromise to this (laid bare in yesterday's game) and in the other games he shared this role with Sterling with both of them alternating during a game, both however with slight differences around their strengths and weakness in terms of running/sprinting, but for simplicity sake in previous games in the tournament they took turns to drop into the hole while one went more advanced.

The issue wasn't up top, it was in midfield. This was what we were missing and in the absence of a player to fill these spaces we used mainly Kane but Sterling too.

And Alli

For a country that has won even less than us on the international stage you're very chippy.

Roy Keane is a guy that abandoned his country on the eve of a World Cup.

What he knows about competing in international tournament you could write on a napkin.
Yeah, how dare they believe their best football generation can achieve something on an international stage? You sound like the typical sour loser - give over - lost to a better team - that's football.

Keane has as much relevance as anyone to pass on opinion btw. By the same logic no one on this forum should be talking about football since they've never played in the Prem

For a country that has won even less than us on the international stage you're very chippy.

Roy Keane is a guy that abandoned his country on the eve of a World Cup.

What he knows about competing in international tournament you could write on a napkin.

For me there was no way back for that cowardly cunt after that tackle on Alf Harland ending his career and was proud of it

Back
Top Bottom