2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

England should had go through Croatia. I don’t think anyone disagrees. But it was always a 50/50 game and England felt asleep after the break and paid the highest price for that. It was a good tournament for you but let’s get mistaken England didn’t beat anyone actually good and don’t think that would beat the likes of Belgium, France, Brazil and Uruguay. But none of this is on Southgate imo. Your team is nothing special and kinda far from the top ones.

From position to position my analysis:
Keeper: very very good Pickford.
Full backs: trippier had an amazing tournament, the best English player and the best right back in there. Congrats.
CEnter backs: Maguire is a tank, I love him. Stones had his good and moments and some bad. He’s still very unpredictable for the position. Walker? He’s not a fucking center back. Really think he’s proneness to errors makes him to much of a risk to play center back. I would rather play Jones or Dier on a heartbeat.
Left back: I fucking hate Ashley young. Next! Just saying. Delphi is a much better pretender if left back than young, and of course rose. But he had a tough season and I understand why he didn’t play there at the start of the games but young is terrible

CEnter mid: England’s biggest problems. From lampard, Gerrard, scholes and all that jazz to Henderson, dier, loftus cheek and dele(I love dele but he’s not ready to play in a duo midfield). Henderson is not a shit player but he’s not a world beater. With a better player next to him he would perform better. I would always play one of Henderson or dier depending of the opposition with loftus cheek, a strong fast and good technical player very different from the rest. Let’s hope winks accomplishes all his promises.

Wingers or attacking midfielders wtv you call it: Lingard and sterling are too much alike being the biggest sharing factor is how dumb and shit they are at finishing plays. Unbelievable how many plays they screw up and goals they miss. Almost too bad to believe. Sterling has nothing but pace and some dribbling hability but can’t score in a fucking brothel. Lingard is an alien faced cunt that only knows how to score bangers and do a stupid dance. Fucking cunt. I hope that sessegnon and Sancho step up for the euros in 2020 and dele should always start in there. Not even a question. He has to play next to goal.

Striker: harry Kane. The star. The machine. But can’t do it all alone and do it all games. Vardy only can play if the other team gives him space and rashford is seriously on dangerous of fucking is career. He needs to leaves United.

Sorry for the long text Mates.

Fair assessment.

It's nothing disrespectful thinking about final, but it's kind of arrogant to be overconfident. That's what I saw from your pundits. But doesn't matter anymore really.
I think the only overconfidence shown was from Neville, but think he forgot his job and thought he was giving a speech in the locker room at half time or something.

I've always rated his punditry on Sky, especially post match analysis but his entire World Cup with both co-comms and in studio punditry he has been so poor. Maybe things are unravelling for him? This was the man who was jointly responsible for Englands woeful showing in the Euro's as he was assistant manager and let's not forget his spell as Valencia manager.

Eh, the moment just came to him. England gave him so much stick and abuse, it was huge night for him. He was in tears on the pitch, that says it all pretty much.
And rightly so. Dejan Lovren is one of the worst defenders ever to grace a Champions League or World Cup final.

Odd that "it just came to him" but it didn't come to Modric or Rakitic who actually are some of the best in the world.

Imagine this 2 years ago.

Dh5s6T_W0AAhFVn.jpg

I think the only overconfidence shown was from Neville, but think he forgot his job and thought he was giving a speech in the locker room at half time or something.

I've always rated his punditry on Sky, especially post match analysis but his entire World Cup with both co-comms and in studio punditry he has been so poor. Maybe things are unravelling for him? This was the man who was jointly responsible for Englands woeful showing in the Euro's as he was assistant manager and let's not forget his spell as Valencia manager.

Think he's a busted flush now tbh.

I get that you're not in good mode right now, but where's that hate come from? Suddenly we're cunts like Colombia ffs. England wasted time while they were up 1-0. Of course you're gonna waste time. About cheating fouls... Lovren knows how good Kane is. Play "fair-play" and you're gonna get fucked. Don't know where else our players showed they're cunts on the pitch really.
Fair win, better team, better luck next time.

I get that you're not in good mode right now, but where's that hate come from? Suddenly we're cunts like Colombia ffs. England wasted time while they were up 1-0. Of course you're gonna waste time. About cheating fouls... Lovren knows how good Kane is. Play "fair-play" and you're gonna get fucked. Don't know where else our players showed they're cunts on the pitch really.

Only some of you are cunts:pocheyes:

Think he's a busted flush now tbh.
He's gone from that phase of working hard to prove himself, by being articulate, thought provoking and respectful (to all teams within the analysis) to being a bit of a troll. I'm no Liverpool sympathiser but his comments that followed their loss in the CL final just reduced him to Merson or Piers Morgan.

To be clear I've absolutely no issue with a pundit having an allegiance to a side, in fact I like it as we can all identify with it as that is why we follow our teams. But in his position for him to be treated seriously and with respect then he needs to be respectful. I refer back to Ian Wright, there is no doubting who he supports but whilst I don't rate his analysis of the game I do respect his opinions because he's respectful with his comments.

He's gone from that phase of working hard to prove himself, by being articulate, thought provoking and respectful (to all teams within the analysis) to being a bit of a troll. I'm no Liverpool sympathiser but his comments that followed their loss in the CL final just reduced him to Merson or Piers Morgan.

To be clear I've absolutely no issue with a pundit having an allegiance to a side, in fact I like it as we can all identify with it as that is why we follow our teams. But in his position for him to be treated seriously and with respect then he needs to be respectful. I refer back to Ian Wright, there is no doubting who he supports but whilst I don't rate his analysis of the game I do respect his opinions because he's respectful with his comments.

Tough to be taken seriously when you're 'giving it large' having played a role in two disastrous and recent managerial reigns.

Your opening line of 'Hello Darkness my Old Friend' hasn't really helped your cause

Does anyone really care about that third/fourth place game by the way?

What a waste.

Butland
Jones - Stones - Cahill
TAA - RLC - Dier - Delph - Rose
Rashford - Vardy
Will be the starting line-up, I imagine?

Who cares.

Just get our boys home.

Back
Top Bottom