🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v World Champions 🇫🇷 (Saturday 10th - 7pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane should be shooting at Lloris' near post every opportunity.

Ha maybe.

You imagine one of the captains will have a blinder.

Quite something to have both in our camp.

It's how France play Kane which will be interesting, because it is the most bizarre thing that for club and country he is the best passer of the ball.

Left to me I would always deploy a central midfielder to get to him once he drops into the middle of the park. Yesterday he added to Bellingham, Rice and Henderson in that area but even more than the midfielders sprayed the ball to all parts.

Quite a performance in truth. Deschampa will be wise to it I feel.

Do the England fans seem a bunch of overweight pensioners and ex pats that haven't a clue about football ?
They are largely quiet and seem to have no songs .
The contrast between TV shots of the Senegal and England fans last night was stark. By & large the Englanders did look like a lifeless bunch of old gammons.

If we go through....... I reckon it will have to be in penalties.

Could be 2 2 then pens.

But I'm going to go for 0 0, extra time, then pens.

Who comes out in top? Haven't a clue.
Hugo is a very decent penalty stopper, some very high pressure ones too

Last minute v Goons at Wembley 1-1, end of season. They score, they're there, we're not.

He saves, we scraped top 4 and they didn't

next season in the CL, first leg v Citeh, 0-0. That one goes in we're out for sure. Citeh would play out from their pen area from then on, pass around us in pretty triangles, and pick us off.

Sounds like the commentary is from the guy who reads the shipping forecast

Gotta keep calm when there's hurricanes out in Cromarty, Force 10's in, ahem, Dogger
Don't talk to me about The Shipping Forecast. If you want a near-death -experience, listen to Helen Willetts doing it. Only the brave survive.

I heard her miss out an entire chunk of the English coastline (North Foreland to Selsey Bill) not too long ago.

Don't talk to me about The Shipping Forecast. If you want a near-death -experience, listen to Helen Willetts doing it. Only the brave survive.

I heard her miss out an entire chunk of the English coastline (North Foreland to Selsey Bill) not too long ago.
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

You've clearly never memorised the Inshore Waters Forecast sequence. Go on - admit it.
I have tried to on so many occasions but it is so dull it just won’t stick . I eventually gave up when the opportunity to memorise something more exciting came up . Memorising every available paint colour made by Dulux and what colours were blended to achieve certain colours that are non primary. I also enjoyed watching them all dry more than the inshore waters forecast sequence

Remember that Lloris' distribution is woeful and he looks a bit ropey. Press high, particularly against Kounde, and we should have joy.
We will need luck of course to go through but there we are.

France and England are playing and both captains are from Spurs :contekiss:
There was a promo for the Brazil Korea game for NBC or whatever in America and it was son on one side and richarlison on the other.

We definitely have good representation in this world cup.

Am not going to think about winning this tournament until after this match.

If we win then I’ll hope— the thing that kills.
Flip the switch Ghost!
England have a good team! Emphasis on man!
(We would like that in Germany too, but ours don't have balls!)

And because I think England can fight better than France, I can't help but think that England will win this game!

Here we go!

World Cup England GIF by BBC

Remember that Lloris' distribution is woeful and he looks a bit ropey. Press high, particularly against Kounde, and we should have joy.
We will need luck of course to go through but there we are.
We really need to press Lloris hard whenever he has to use his feet. Also, the long ball over the top, into space, can have him making stupid decisions.

Also, I have given him shit before, but Henderson must play. His organisational skills are key to us getting through.
Plus I hope we play 4 at the back. Midfield will be where this is won or lost. Rice is more than capable of acting as a fifth defender when we don't have the ball.

Back
Top Bottom