🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v World Champions 🇫🇷 (Saturday 10th - 7pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LeParisien

It’s important that we deal with facts
France missing half their first team including the ballon d’or winner, so I make this a true 50-50. England top scorers with 3 clean sheets. Will be the game of the tournament so far. Whoever wins will have beaten the enemy and believe they can beat anyone.

I’m convincing myself the winner of this will win it all.

It’s coming home? Ou ça revient à la maison?

Let’s have it.

France missing half their first team including the ballon d’or winner, so I make this a true 50-50. England top scorers with 3 clean sheets. Will be the game of the tournament so far. Whoever wins will have beaten the enemy and believe they can beat anyone.

Let’s have it.
It’s more than likely to be an absolute bore fest mate. Both managers are incredibly defensive, but this is what is required for tournament football progression.

(Yes I know both teams have scored it’s just they are deliberately choosing NOT to play free-flowing attacking football, they don’t have to)

Let’s have it.

The only real difference between the two teams is you have a much better defence on paper than ourselves, and you obviously have recent history of winning the thing. First goal in that game I feel will be huge. If we lose I hope your chaps go on to win it as it's no disgrace losing to the eventual Champions.

It’s more than likely to be an absolute bore fest mate. Both managers are incredibly defensive, but this is what is required for tournament football progression.

(Yes I know both teams have scored it’s just they are deliberately choosing NOT to play free-flowing attacking football, they don’t have to)
Top two scoring teams so far…

I'd get Walker to stay that close to Mbappe throughout the game that he could come off the pitch and tell everyone what his farts taste like.

But we need to try and shut Rabiot down too. Can't allow him time on the ball to do his thing.

I'd get Walker to stay that close to Mbappe throughout the game that he could come off the pitch and tell everyone what his farts taste like.

But we need to try and shut Rabiot down too. Can't allow him time on the ball to do his thing.
If we had Benzema and Kanté I would make us favourites. But you have Bellingham and a great front line too.

If we score first though then we have the pace and intelligence to cause you a lot of damage on the break and I’m not sure you’ll have the creativity to hurt us.

Will be a great game

If we had Benzema and Kanté I would make us favourites. But you have Bellingham and a great front line too.

If we score first though then we have the pace and intelligence to cause you a lot of damage on the break and I’m not sure you’ll have the creativity to hurt us.

Will be a great game

Forgot you were missing those two such is your depth. Madness!

I think it will be a step too far, but we'll certainly give you a game if we turn up. If that game finishes 0-0 I'll buy an hat just so I can then eat it.

The players better bleed in order to beat the French. The great enemy.

Think it's more 60/40 in favour of France if I'm brutally honest but we can do it .. the talent is all there.

Top two scoring teams so far…
You are allowed to read what I write in brackets.

BOTH managers are ultra-defensive and highly negative, it's literally what they are renound for as to how they play. I'm not a complainer of either because this is successful tournament football.

Both will want to play on transition, this is where each has their strengths, and that alone creates the potential for a dull game.

I will be absolutely flabbergasted if this is an end-to-end high-scoring game let alone an exciting one, maybe an early goal changes that????

Focus will be on Mbappe v Walker.

Won't be surprised to see him switch sides and go up against Shaw.

I think Shaw will struggle against Mbappe or Dembele. He gets no help from the midfielder in front. Declan will have an important job covering..

Senegal got in 3 times in the first half down the left channel. That's the problem area for England.

Focus will be on Mbappe v Walker.

Won't be surprised to see him switch sides and go up against Shaw.

I think Shaw will struggle against Mbappe or Dembele. He gets no help from the midfielder in front. Declan will have an important job covering..

Senegal got in 3 times in the first half down the left channel. That's the problem area for England.
Dembélé no slouch either. Outpaced Walker when we played in 2017 and is the quickest player in the champions league this season.

His problem is kicking the damn football. :contesmell:

If we go through....... I reckon it will have to be in penalties.

Could be 2 2 then pens.

But I'm going to go for 0 0, extra time, then pens.

Who comes out in top? Haven't a clue.

French will combust. 3-0 Eng

Their keeper is fucking wank, Rabiot will get bullied, the centre backs are cloggers, no idea who their full backs are and I could outpace their #9. Grieznan also a fanny and Dembele strikes a ball worse than their pathetic goalie

Poor side

I wonder if there's a French Football forum out there where some English twerp thought it funny to start the France V England thread for them........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom