Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You’ve really become pathetic on this Alli thing - take a break, this isn’t healthy. You sound like Gibbsy with this whole I told you so, I was right all along bullshit, ffs

Well I did tell you so, and you called me a cunt.
Now you cant say bench Dele, even though you know full well you wouldnt mind now if he was dropped.

Should have been more open minded to using the squad. I dont know what you will all say when he does eventually get benched, and he will. Lamela is getting stronger by the day, and already offering more.

Voted him for the bin - search his last 40 posts - literally spams every thread with his negative Alli agenda. It’s reachitg Gibbsy levels now - he definitely needs a break.

Its funny because its not about my "agenda" at all. The reason the vast majority of people resort to insults and hostility on this is simply because they cant answer the questions put to them.

Would any of you be against seeing a midfield of:

............................Winks................... Dembele

Son..............................Lamela.......................Eriksen

behind Kane?

No of course you wouldnt. None of you would mind that, and in many cases be interested to to see it.

But can you admit it? No
Can you even discuss its merits? Nope

The best you can do is drop Dembele or Winks and stick Dele in CM, just to show that in your world he should never, ever start a game as a sub.
Hows that for an unhealthy, and rather sad Dele agenda? Its ike there is one player here bigger than the club.

Here is the problem bro Dele does the one thing Lamela and Sissoko hardly does score goals and goals wins games i would love to see lamela come on when we need to up the press on opposition cbs thats one of the things he actually does better than Son especially if Son is having a poor game.

him and Moose are the best dribblers within our team. Erik is so offensively minded, we've missed his urgency getting forward and ability to break with speed. Other players have decent link-up play, energy and vision but Erik is one of my favourite players...

Poch has nice problems now, having all his attacking players available. If we can now get Big Vic & Toby back into the squad ASAP, the only headache will be who has to sit out games.
But with a lot of football still to play, we need the ability to rotate which is a luxury we’ve not had all season.
Lamela being back is such a boost going into the Christmas period.
Let’s rack up some points now & make sure we are in pole position for top 4. In this season where we are away from home every game, top 4 would be a mighty achievement in itself, although being greedy I would quite like a trophy.

Surprised this thread wasn't on the first page, was great to see him back starting again today. He did okay, was involved a lot but you could still see some rust there which is understandable. Considering the circumstances I think he did a good job. He was probably in our top 2 or 3 today (albeit in an average display).

Thought he was crap today and slowed our attack down quite a bit , I expect he'll get fitter and sharper and improve , he's alright for lesser games like tonight's but he's nowhere near a regular starter for us or any of the top 6 , I don't get the hype he's a meh player for me.

Thought he was crap today and slowed our attack down quite a bit , I expect he'll get fitter and sharper and improve , he's alright for lesser games like tonight's but he's nowhere near a regular starter for us or any of the top 6 , I don't get the hype he's a meh player for me.
My man - it's his first start in over a year and third game back

I thought he had a good game, all things considered
Cant really think of anyone who played better. Lòoked quite dangerous in the first half. With no other stand out player id say he was probably man of the match

My man - it's his first start in over a year and third game back

I'm judging him on his whole Spurs career not just tonight , we have far far superior players than Lamela , it's not that I don't like him he's a decent player but he's never gonna be a bright light at a big club or out perform our other attacking players over a sustained period of time, he gets a hell of a lot of smoke blown up his ass on here without ever really earning it.

I thought he had a good game, all things considered
Cant really think of anyone who played better. Lòoked quite dangerous in the first half. With no other stand out player id say he was probably man of the match
Love his aggression, determination & ability. A lot on here don’t rate him, but he’s a bloody great player imo. So glad he’s back.
Scenes amongst the naysayers.

Good that he is finally back and running well.
I hope he can have a good impact on the team.

However, it is time for him to show us what he is really made of.
We saw sparks of him before he got injured, but he needs to be more consistent and stay out of injury.
This is his 5TH! season as a Spurs and really hasn't shown us anything yet.

League
App
Goals 8

Cup
App 11
Goals 2
Has 19 assist total in EPL (League and cup)

not good enough to start over Eriksen, Son and Alli.

He can come off the bench as a super sub like Son did for us the past 2 years.

I think that's as good as it gets with Lamela. Looks fully fit too me and it was a typical "good" Lamela performance. Dele will come back in for him for City.
No it's not, "as good as it gets" according to you is a transfer:

Been saying the same for a long time and I'm yet to be proved wrong. He'll never play for Spurs in the PL again. He's not in Poch's plans. We're simply stuck with him because he's injured, and probably will be till January, by which time he'll hopefully be fit.

You were well and truly proven wrong btw... and will continue to be so. No point having a pissing contest, we can just remind you "you have yet to be proved wrong" at every additional milestone.
:sonpoint:

Last edited:
Good that he is finally back and running well.
I hope he can have a good impact on the team.

However, it is time for him to show us what he is really made of.
We saw sparks of him before he got injured, but he needs to be more consistent and stay out of injury.
This is his 5TH! season as a Spurs and really hasn't shown us anything yet.

League
App
Goals 8

Cup
App 11
Goals 2
Has 19 assist total in EPL (League and cup)

not good enough to start over Eriksen, Son and Alli.

He can come off the bench as a super sub like Son did for us the past 2 years.

Previously I always believed Lamela was reluctant to shoot and would attempt a pass rather than shoot. Last night he was more selfish. He needs to match the goals Son and Dele get if he is to keep them out of the side.

Back
Top Bottom