Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Zaha has been valued at 40M and you wouldnt even start him.....Im trying to work out why you are in the transfer thread pining for expensive players to sit on our bench. Its like you want competition for places, but they can only be subs. Im sure its every players dream to come here with the assurance that no matter how poor Dele Alli is, you will never start ahead of him
Jesus Christ do you have an agenda against Alli? You're honestly getting on my nerves when I see you post everywhere the same fucking shit about Alli. Why don't you mail Pochettino and explain to him why Alli needs to be dropped and sold on free to Accrington Stanley because he's so shite? I hope Dele recovers his form as soon as possible so I can see you stop posting this retarded shit. Or maybe then you'll start moaning that he doesn't score a hat-trick every game and he also should be sold asap.

We have 2 matches this week and I doubt Lamela is fit enough to play both. Would rather he stay on the Bench Wednesday and be considered to start the following Saturday depending on performances on Wednesday.

Yeh agreed, prepare Lamela for the City game, he is a big game player always looks his best against top 6 teams.

Maybe a second half against Brighton.

Zaha has been valued at 40M and you wouldnt even start him.....Im trying to work out why you are in the transfer thread pining for expensive players to sit on our bench. Its like you want competition for places, but they can only be subs. Im sure its every players dream to come here with the assurance that no matter how poor Dele Alli is, you will never start ahead of him
It’s a shame you have such a low opinion of others.

I’ll explain what I didn’t feel needed explaining.

I’d like us to sign Zaha. When he arrives, he should be on the bench. If he comes on and does well, he should start. Just like I see what’s happened with Son. If at this point, Dele isn’t playing well, then Zaha should start instead of him. Is that clear enough?

And to explain something else yet again, I can’t recall arguing with you about Dele and if we should drop him or not. Ive had issue with you constantly going on about it. To be fair, I’d probably not have dropped him so far this season as I was convinced he’d come good again (and still am), plus I don’t think anyone we could’ve put on in his place would’ve been any better. Mainly because we didn’t have a player of quality on the bench. Like, oh, I don’t know, maybe that Zaha bloke.

Again - no argument that Dele is off form and could be dropped. No argument at all. MY PROBLEM IS YOU CONTINUALLY POSTING ABOUT IT. Hopefully capital letters are easier for someone on your particular place on the spectrum to understand.

If at this point, Dele isn’t playing well, then Zaha should start instead of him. Is that clear enough?

So you would drop Dele, thats fine, thanks. It took a few months, but well done, you are all coming around now.
I know it hurts, because saying Dele should be dropped makes you an agenda driven cunt that hates him and thinks he's shit.

But there you go, you just said you would drop him, so I understand why its awkward

FFS please stop talking about Alli in the fucking Lamela thread. If you want to keep this stupid discussion going please keep it in the Alli thread

So you would drop Dele, thats fine, thanks. It took a few months, but well done, you are all coming around now.
I know it hurts, because saying Dele should be dropped makes you an agenda driven cunt that hates him and thinks he's shit.

But there you go, you just said you would drop him, so I understand why its awkward
Saying it all the time makes you an agenda driven cunt, nothing else.

And I only said I’d drop him if at some point in the future he wasn’t playing well and Zaha was performing from the bench. I specifically said I wouldn’t have dropped him so far. Stop making stuff up to score points. You look like a fool.

Saying it all the time makes you an agenda driven cunt, nothing else.

And I only said I’d drop him if at some point in the future he wasn’t playing well and Zaha was performing from the bench. I specifically said I wouldn’t have dropped him so far. Stop making stuff up to score points. You look like a fool.

Im very happy for you that would drop Dele Alli for a Crystal Palace player on your Christmas wishlist, but not for a current Spurs player.

If that makes you more supportive of this team in your eyes then I cant help you with that.

OH! Is he only 21, someone should have said!

Are you even serious? Trippier and Aurier are BENCHED for that to happen.....thats not allowed for Dele

Look man. I'm quite pro Dele so I'll explain my logic and you tell me if I'm being unreasonable.

I trust Poch to decide whether or not to drop Dele. This is mostly based on Poch being magic which we can all agree he is.

I wouldn't have a heart attack if Dele was dropped
BUT
I'm not going to call for him to be dropped for a few reasons:
1) Poch sees how the players are in training every day. He sees things we don't. Like who is pigging out on lasagne or taking it too easy. Should be reward a hypothetical bad trainer just because the first choice XI struggle?
2) Dele has had superb numbers these last 2 seasons and even now he's pulling out goals and assists at a decent rate. It's not hard to imagine he returns to form and needs to play through this period.
3) All young attacking players have a phase where they become nullified to some extent and get double or triple marked, hacked etc. Bale had it, Kane had it and now it's Dele's turn. If Poch thinks he needs to play through that I can understand. Once he adapts he will become a bad motherfucker.
4) If we are not playing well it doesn't necessarily mean we always need to rotate. For example people wanted Janssen to get more of a chance but realistically all that would happen is that we're still poor but with a fresh shit pair of legs on the field. Son and Lamela are different of course but my point is that it's not always the line-up which needs changing. Maybe a tactical change with the same personnel is required at times instead.
5) Combine all that with the fact that Dele plays in one of the most difficult positions with a tough role. He doesn't recieve the ball into space or in front of him like most our midfielders but on the turn or with his back to the opposition and he's expected to turn and find a key pass or shot. He played deeper vs pool as was terrific, we saw today when he has the chance to play a through ball he can. In a packed final third it's more tough. He's getting there though.

You’ve really become pathetic on this Alli thing - take a break, this isn’t healthy. You sound like Gibbsy with this whole I told you so, I was right all along bullshit, ffs

Jesus Christ do you have an agenda against Alli? You're honestly getting on my nerves when I see you post everywhere the same fucking shit about Alli. Why don't you mail Pochettino and explain to him why Alli needs to be dropped and sold on free to Accrington Stanley because he's so shite? I hope Dele recovers his form as soon as possible so I can see you stop posting this retarded shit. Or maybe then you'll start moaning that he doesn't score a hat-trick every game and he also should be sold asap.
Voted him for the bin - search his last 40 posts - literally spams every thread with his negative Alli agenda. It’s reachitg Gibbsy levels now - he definitely needs a break.

Back
Top Bottom