Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree 100%
I love Lamela and will admit that, although I would love to see him in the team, he will be a squad player when everyones fit AND on form. He is a VERY valuable squad player to have.
If any of the top 4 have a dip, I'll have no problem with him starting. Haven't seen enough of Moura to judge him.
I don't think (?) that you share this view though, judging by your previous posts ?

With proper guidance from Poch, Lamela might even morph into a box to box midfielder. We can then fill the starting eleven with Kane, Eriksen, Son, Alli and Lamela.

But isn't that the point,
That we can only decide if a player is worth a place in the squad, or not, if we can replace him with someone better, and we won't know if a "replacement " is better until we get him in and judge him on his ability, work rate etc. ?
It will be very difficult to replace a player of Lamela's attributes. Hardworking, top attitude, decent attacking ability, good assist/goals stats, tough tackling, affordable wages, relatively young, loyal

It will be very difficult to replace a player of Lamela's attributes. Hardworking, top attitude, decent attacking ability, good assist/goals stats, tough tackling, affordable wages, relatively young, loyal
His ball control and dribbling is a bit similar to this legend. Interesting to see how he would look like as b2b CM.

Last edited:
Well, I don't think there could be 2 different opinions about his "special attention" on Fiberglass. This was GOLD! This little cu*ty weasel had no idea what hit him :dembelelol:

Though as Lamela's overall impact on the game, I feel it might have actually been better yesterday. There were some cleaver flicks and quick passes, but generally we tried to put together too many passes in front of their box, and in all honesty, none of those passages did result in very dangerous moment. Our goals (and even good chances) actually came from the wing or from the midfield (or from long distance shots for the matter of it). Few times he was close to do smth special but JUST ABOUT fell short of it - either pass was seen through or did not make it to the ball fast enough.

I hope really soon he manages to execute those "almosts" into "oh, wow" 's. Clearly the attitude and willingness to work is there. Hope in next games (or latest next season) the confidence in front of the goal will be back and he'll help us to great achievements! :lamelaaghh:

Thought we were buying a tricky assist machine. Delighted we didn’t and got this snarling piece of nastiness who at the same time looks like he moves around on casters.

Any real Spurs fan knows the loathing we have for Fabregas and what he represents.

For how Lamela treats him like a piece of shit on the sole of his shoe means I will forever have love for Erik.
This x100
He shows that fucking rat zero respect each time they meet on a pitch & even less professional courtesy. There is genuine beef between them & Erik just flattens the little shit time and time again. Love him.

His ball control and dribbling is a bit similar to this legend. Interesting to see how he would look like as b2b CM.

Always said Lamela might work as a central midfielder in a 3.

His tenacity, close control and pressing would do really really well - but I don't think it'll ever happen. It's such a different position to play than what he's doing now where he floats all over. Dembele/Dier/Lamela as a midfield three COULD work, you have Dembele holding the ball and keeping possession, dribbling through the press. Dier breaking things up and Lamela just being a dickhead hunting everyone down like a possessed Kante.

I remember when he started his european career in Rome. He was a player with a great technique, but he never showed some argentinian "garra" or a great teamwork attitude. He's completely changed, I think he developed into a real premier league player

This x100
He shows that fucking rat zero respect each time they meet on a pitch & even less professional courtesy. There is genuine beef between them & Erik just flattens the little shit time and time again. Love him.
I think people forget because the press avoids recounting the events of "the Battle of the Bridge©". The conventional narrative is "Spurs lost their rag", but in truth, Chelsea spent 90 minutes trying to goad and cheap shot their way to victory. And Fabregas was a major instigator of the game ending brawl by dick punching Pochettino's staff on his way by, along with some choice Spanish remarks.

Lamela, unlike Vorm, didn't back down and chased Fabregas down the tunnel, trying to take on the entire Chelsea squad. Coco doesn't forget, nor does he forgive.

I think people forget because the press avoids recounting the events of "the Battle of the Bridge©". The conventional narrative is "Spurs lost their rag", but in truth, Chelsea spent 90 minutes trying to goad and cheap shot their way to victory. And Fabregas was a major instigator of the game ending brawl by dick punching Pochettino's staff on his way by, along with some choice Spanish remarks.

Lamela, unlike Vorm, didn't back down and chased Fabregas down the tunnel, trying to take on the entire Chelsea squad. Coco doesn't forget, nor does he forgive.

Fibreglass is such a weasel shit cunt, he’s the type of prick to start something, but be the first to run away as soon as someone stands up to him. He’s deserved it every time Erik has left his foot in.

Back
Top Bottom