Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't believe anyone questions his attitude. Whatever did happen in the last year or so must have been pretty awful for him and the fact that he is actually playing says a lot for his strength of mind. Whether he plays or not, he always give his all, and no one can fault him for that.

Completely agree, indeed according to a club source I know, his attitude is great. Must be psychologically really tough to be out that long, and with very sad family issues.

That's a bit of troll post. We pretty much secure CL football while simultaneously ending the SB hoodoo and you wanna get into point scoring? Sorry can't be bothered, and to my eyes it was Eriksen and Dele that were the difference makers but if you want to claim it was Lamela that's your prerogative, personally I'm just gonna enjoy the victory, congratulate ALL the players and not pick silly fights on an internet forum.

smashed up Fabregas. hero. overall he had a great game today, deserved the goal (dele's 2nd) when son should have just passed it to him.

Absolute footballing warrior, I thought he was immense today. He really sets the tone for us competitively and embodies the Pochettino ethic.

Shit first half very decent supporting role in the second half, good when we are playing well annonymous/ineffective when we're not , still an enigma for me and ridiculously overratted by many but I'm erring on the side of keep him I have to concede he is good and seems to have matured.

That's a bit of troll post. We pretty much secure CL football while simultaneously ending the SB hoodoo and you wanna get into point scoring? Sorry can't be bothered, and to my eyes it was Eriksen and Dele that were the difference makers but if you want to claim it was Lamela that's your prerogative, personally I'm just gonna enjoy the victory, congratulate ALL the players and not pick silly fights on an internet forum.
A bit of a troll post? It's 100% a troll post.

You don't get to pick and choose when your vendetta gets butchered. Considering the lengths you've gone to mug Lamela off.

Lamela 12 - 0 NW1

What a boy. What a player. What a result.

"Will never see him at the training ground again"

Shit first half very decent supporting role in the second half, good when we are playing well annonymous/ineffective when we're not , still an enigma for me and ridiculously overratted by many but I'm erring on the side of keep him I have to concede he is good and seems to have matured.

He's a great player to have on the pitch when we're defending a lead with his energy, hustle and defensive discipline
but not so good trying to take the lead or come back into a game. He just can't do what Eriksen or Dele did for their goals. He's a good sub to have on to close a game out. I expect him to make way for Kane next week.

He was absolutely brilliant today. Love his fight.

Second half when he went to the False 9 changed the game completely.

Last edited:
He's a great player to have on the pitch when we're defending a lead with his energy, hustle and defensive discipline
but not so good trying to take the lead or come back into a game. He just can't do what Eriksen or Dele did for their goals. He's a good sub to have on to close a game out. I expect him to make way for Kane next week.
Not wanting to get in between your debate with Spursdem but,

He did start today and was on the pitch when we were 1-0 down, so I don't really get your point (in this post)?

Not wanting to get in between your debate with Spursdem but,

He did start today and was on the pitch when we were 1-0 down, so I don't really get your point (in this post)?

It was an Eriksen screamer that got us back into the game. The best other chance was the Eriksen flat cross that Dele could have done better from. It's these bits of sublime skill that Lamela doesn't have his locker. He was very ineffective in the first half. A lot of cutting inside trying to play short passes that either lost possession or the receiving player had no space to do anything. A good defence is not gonna be beaten by short though balls. They're drilled to block all the passing lanes. With us drawing level the game becomes stretched and space between the lines becomes available, which is where Lamela can be good, although to today it was still Dele and Eriksen that made the difference and Son, although he should have passed, he had the pace to get in behind for the 3rd, which Lamela doesn't have.

There's a lot to like about Lamela. His mentality, his ability to leave a foot in without getting sent off. His hustle and pressing and defensive discipline but he just can't match Eriksen, Dele or Son in their attacking prowess and their ability to affect the game.

Any real Spurs fan knows the loathing we have for Fabregas and what he represents.

For how Lamela treats him like a piece of shit on the sole of his shoe means I will forever have love for Erik.

It was an Eriksen screamer that got us back into the game. The best other chance was the Eriksen flat cross that Dele could have done better from. It's these bits of sublime skill that Lamela doesn't have his locker. He was very ineffective in the first half. A lot of cutting inside trying to play short passes that either lost possession or the receiving player had no space to do anything. A good defence is not gonna be beaten by short though balls. They're drilled to block all the passing lanes. With us drawing level the game becomes stretched and space between the lines becomes available, which is where Lamela can be good, although to today it was still Dele and Eriksen that made the difference and Son, although he should have passed, he had the pace to get in behind for the 3rd, which Lamela doesn't have.

There's a lot to like about Lamela. His mentality, his ability to leave a foot in without getting sent off. His hustle and pressing and defensive discipline but he just can't match Eriksen, Dele or Son in their attacking prowess and their ability to affect the game.
Don't disagree with any of what you've said re other players.
but in your post you said
but not so good trying to take the lead or come back into a game.

Today we were a goal down and it was his "hustle and bustle" and energy that allowed Ericksen, Dele et all to be able to do what they did. His energy and tackling today was sublime and should not be underestimated.
Totally agree with re his short passes in tight areas.

Back
Top Bottom