Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just read this...is it wrong that I fucking loved it?

Is there a player in the Premier League who uses his elbows when making challenges more than Lamela? Every aerial challenge is preceded by the sneaky look to where the opponent is located, and then up come the arms as he enters the challenge.

It is a clever move. By having the arms up before the contact comes, it makes Lamela look as if he is simply stronger than the opponent rather than deliberately catching them in the face. Add him to the list of Premier League bastards.

Only started today because Pochettino was told by his suitors for a summer transfer that they wanted to see if he could play 90 minutes in a big match. As you know, Poch would really rather not play him.

:dembelelol:

Don't disagree with any of what you've said re other players.
but in your post you said

Today we were a goal down and it was his "hustle and bustle" and energy that allowed Ericksen, Dele et all to be able to do what they did. His energy and tackling today was sublime and should not be underestimated.
Totally agree with re his short passes in tight areas.

Like I said, Lamela has lots of qualities but you can only play 11 men and Kane will surely come back in for Stoke and, when adding up the complete package, it's difficult to justify Lamela starting ahead of Eriksen, Dele or Son with all they bring to the team.

Like I said, Lamela has lots of qualities but you can only play 11 men and Kane will surely come back in for Stoke and, when adding up the complete package, it's difficult to justify Lamela starting ahead of Eriksen, Dele or Son with all they bring to the team.
Agree 100%
I love Lamela and will admit that, although I would love to see him in the team, he will be a squad player when everyones fit AND on form. He is a VERY valuable squad player to have.
If any of the top 4 have a dip, I'll have no problem with him starting. Haven't seen enough of Moura to judge him.
I don't think (?) that you share this view though, judging by your previous posts ?

He's a great player to have on the pitch when we're defending a lead with his energy, hustle and defensive discipline
but not so good trying to take the lead or come back into a game. He just can't do what Eriksen or Dele did for their goals. He's a good sub to have on to close a game out. I expect him to make way for Kane next week.

But that is the point isn't it, that we need players with different skills and abilities depending on the opposition and how they set up/what we are trying to achieve.

I imagine he may well start on the bench next week for Harry Kane but we are away to Stoke where a different setup is needed.

Still banging that drum i see.

Once he moved into a false nine position our game flowed a lot better. He harassed the Chelscum defenders so well. Did a lot of the non glamorous work today but very much deserving of the praise he is getting

Apologies if this was posted before/elsewhere.

16 Conclusions: Chelsea 1-3 Tottenham - Football365

* Is there a player in the Premier League who uses his elbows when making challenges more than Lamela? Every aerial challenge is preceded by the sneaky look to where the opponent is located, and then up come the arms as he enters the challenge.

It is a clever move. By having the arms up before the contact comes, it makes Lamela look as if he is simply stronger than the opponent rather than deliberately catching them in the face. Add him to the list of Premier League bastards.

* And now for the Lamela praise. After a slow start, it was the Argentinean who changed the game with the intensity of his work without the ball. After half-time, Pochettino used him as a false nine, asking him to harry Chelsea’s central defenders in possession and force them to clear the ball long rather than into the feet of Cesc Fabregas.

It worked. Lamela made more tackles than any other Tottenham player, while Fabregas and Alonso were more starved of service than the first half. Lamela did not assist or score a goal and created only one chance (with a simple pass), but that was not the point. He has sexy mode and sabotage mode; this was him excelling in the latter.

Agree 100%
I love Lamela and will admit that, although I would love to see him in the team, he will be a squad player when everyones fit AND on form. He is a VERY valuable squad player to have.
If any of the top 4 have a dip, I'll have no problem with him starting. Haven't seen enough of Moura to judge him.
I don't think (?) that you share this view though, judging by your previous posts ?

As I've said before, I want us to try and close the gap to Man City and we need one or two attacking players to do that and in my opinion Lamela would be the guy to make way. Haven't formed an opinion on Lucas yet. I think he has more to offer offensively than Lamela but he has to match his work rate etc. Chadli had more to his game than Lamela but didn't match his intensity, hunger and desire, which is why he's on his way to becoming a Championship player.

As I've said before, I want us to try and close the gap to Man City and we need one or two attacking players to do that and in my opinion Lamela would be the guy to make way. Haven't formed an opinion on Lucas yet. I think he has more to offer offensively than Lamela but he has to match his work rate etc. Chadli had more to his game than Lamela but didn't match his intensity, hunger and desire, which is why he's on his way to becoming a Championship player.
But isn't that the point,
That we can only decide if a player is worth a place in the squad, or not, if we can replace him with someone better, and we won't know if a "replacement " is better until we get him in and judge him on his ability, work rate etc. ?

Back
Top Bottom