Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, I don't think there could be 2 different opinions about his "special attention" on Fiberglass. This was GOLD! This little cu*ty weasel had no idea what hit him :dembelelol:

Though as Lamela's overall impact on the game, I feel it might have actually been better yesterday. There were some cleaver flicks and quick passes, but generally we tried to put together too many passes in front of their box, and in all honesty, none of those passages did result in very dangerous moment. Our goals (and even good chances) actually came from the wing or from the midfield (or from long distance shots for the matter of it). Few times he was close to do smth special but JUST ABOUT fell short of it - either pass was seen through or did not make it to the ball fast enough.

I hope really soon he manages to execute those "almosts" into "oh, wow" 's. Clearly the attitude and willingness to work is there. Hope in next games (or latest next season) the confidence in front of the goal will be back and he'll help us to great achievements! :lamelaaghh:

Had similar observation. In the first half, Lamela, Alli and Son attempted too many tight passes in crowded final third that were not working. In the second half, moved Son wide to the right and stopped those tight passes. Suppose Poch made the changes.

Do feel that with Lamela's involvement, those tight passes increases.

Cant understand all the applause for Lamellas at times idiocy . It's all very well going around leaving elbows and late tackles in on people but one day it will catch up with him. The last thing you need is a stupid red card in a game you have to min. I am not saying he can't go in hard but he was very lucky not to get sent off against Chelsea as was Vertonghon. A good win for Spurs but thuggery in the end will cost him and the team

Cant understand all the applause for Lamellas at times idiocy . It's all very well going around leaving elbows and late tackles in on people but one day it will catch up with him. The last thing you need is a stupid red card in a game you have to min. I am not saying he can't go in hard but he was very lucky not to get sent off against Chelsea as was Vertonghon. A good win for Spurs but thuggery in the end will cost him and the team
mane-dive-650x364.png

For years we never had players who really would give it back to opposition. Really we got bullied far too often. Jokes like Steffen Fraud running away from players was “norm”

To have Dier, Lamela, Jan and others actually prepared to give it back is a major reason we are where we are. Lamela is just a nasty bastard and long may he continue to be so.

He's very good at it though and has never been sent off or retrospectively banned, unlike, for example, Augero. It's a skill in itself, leaving something on a player but making it look plausibly accidental. It can affect the mindset of opposition players and make them more likely to pull out of tackles or even react and get themselves sent off.

Cant understand all the applause for Lamellas at times idiocy . It's all very well going around leaving elbows and late tackles in on people but one day it will catch up with him. The last thing you need is a stupid red card in a game you have to min. I am not saying he can't go in hard but he was very lucky not to get sent off against Chelsea as was Vertonghon.

Naah you dont get it matey...
We just applaude special treatment on some special cu*ts.

Even if Coco would have taken red on 80th minute while f*cking up this piece of sh*t Fiberglass, it would have still been worth it. This walking result of an ugly incest deserves it, and I absolutely enjoyed his helpless face he made towards referees. Fook him.

:dembelefingers:

I understand what you're saying but Poch likes a player to leave his mark... he finds it strange when defenders aren't giving away fouls as it means they aren't tight and making their presence felt. Lamella does need to watch it but i've not seen anything that's worse than a yellow and nothing worth retrospective action. We need a little bit of guile in our team

Back
Top Bottom